• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I've never tried to get a LRG release. Is the shipping within the US crazy expensive? Are they really hard to get? The name makes it sound like something I need to camp in front of my computer for.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never tried to get a LRG release. Is the shipping within the US crazy expensive? Are they really hard to get? The name makes it sound like something I need to camp in front of my computer for.

There are a few that sell out in less than a minute (mostly Vita titles), but Switch titles and a few PS4 ones too all have like a 2 week preorder window. Snagging a copy shouldn't be an issue with this release.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't ordered a LRG game before on launch but I'll have an opportunity to do so this time. Is it feasible that on the 30th I'll be able to just click order and be done with it or do I need to prepare for a digital fight to get it?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Perfect! I get paid on the 29th, so I'll be able to hopefully grab a copy of the Switch version. And later down the line I'll buy it on Steam.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

The tweet mentions a four-week pre-order period, which means that pre-orders will be open to all for that period and then however many copies that ends up being, they'll print. In other words, as long as you check in during that month, you'll snag a copy no problem.

I think shipping in the U.S. isn't terrible but it isn't great either? I know Canadian shipping is pretty bad (like up to half the price of the game itself, for cheaper games) and I remember people complaining that LRG doesn't allow you to order a game and have it held back so it can ship with another game that comes out later, which implies to me that people were trying to save on shipping.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Steep price for a beat em up, especially in a moth filled with full price releases. But if it keeps me playing for more than 20 hours then so be it, I'm getting day 1.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if you'd show! Thanks again for teaming up with me for this, you're the best! XD
iorigif2bej0o.gif

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

As mentioned earlier in the thread this is an open-preorder title, so as long as you go to the site during the open-preorder period you can order a copy. All of our standard edition Switch titles are open-preorder.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Oof at the price! It looks charming and fun as hell, but like others have said, September is stacked with big releases. I won't be short on big games to play for months. I will definitely add it to my wish list on the eShop and watch for a sale down the line.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I was hoping it would be cheaper. Waiting for a sale it is then.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Never bought a game from LRG before. How long after the 4 week preorder period closes does it take to actually receive the game, roughly?

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to buy two copies, keeping one sealed and open one (if thats allowed :P), but curious how long it will take before getting it. Living in Europe, it might take like two weeks to get it, and thats a fairly long wait after the release date. I might end up getting one physical copy and on digital copy instead.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that's more than I expected. Wonder if the game will have the content to back it up. Maybe if it has a 20% off launch discount on Steam...

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
Waiting to hear about the version differences. I'm hoping Switch is fine like it is for most games, but Bloodstained got me scared.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is LRG shipping to UK like? Also are they set up to do import duties up front or is it one of those gambles where the postman might hold it hostage until you pay, with a crappy £8-12+ handling charge on top.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't ordered a LRG game before on launch but I'll have an opportunity to do so this time. Is it feasible that on the 30th I'll be able to just click order and be done with it or do I need to prepare for a digital fight to get it?

It's a four week open pre-order. You won't have any trouble obtaining a copy.

ladies

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still be picking it up but I was disappointed to read that the game has no online coop. Maybe they'll add it in a future patch if there's enough demand.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Ouch on that price, scaring away many impulse purchases, pushing this one to a "Deep sale" for me. Devs need to stop doing this, I'm not missing out on anything, I'll pick it up cheap and enjoy it. This price in Canuckistan dubloons is going to be brutal.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd snatch a physical if they had a PC physical, don't know if I want the PS4 copy when I won't be playing the game on a PS4.

Feb 9, 2018
I would have gotten it for the Xbox One, but it looks like I'll be getting it for the Switch instead. $35 ain't bad at all. The original River City Ransom probably went for around $40 at launch, or about $80 adjusted.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch on that price, scaring away many impulse purchases, pushing this one to a "Deep sale" for me. Devs need to stop doing this, I'm not missing out on anything, I'll pick it up cheap and enjoy it. This price in Canuckistan dubloons is going to be brutal.

Not every game needs to be an impulse purchase. WayForward has priced previous games in this style (like Double Dragon Neon) at $15-$20, so if they're charging $30 for this, it's probably a meatier game than most stuff they've released in the past.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
Hmm I wonder if there are any differences between the versions of the games. If they are the same and run the same and have no functional problems or big issues with the Switch version unlike Bloodstained I will grab a switch version