• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this browsing youtube and didn't see a thread so I figured I'd post it since all the gameplay we've had so far is off screen.

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe a beat'em up looking this good was just dropped out of nowhere and is releasing in the same year it was announced.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Warriors/Saviors and River City release in the same week

Never a better time to be a beat em up fan

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Love the animations and looks great! I'm so saddened this comes out in September though as I'm already buying multiple games a week that month! Gah

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting the manga cutscene reads western comic style (yes, I know it's developed by WayForward) because EX Troopers does the same thing (and that game never even released outside of Japan). Is this something done in other games with manga cutscenes or are these two games weird outliers?

Also, this game looks dope. Too bad I can't buy it because it's letterboxed /ssssss

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Art style: check
Tight gameplay: check
Surprisingly great voice work: checkaroo!

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already saw it. But yeah, I'll be getting both this and Ninja Warriors/Saviors. Glad to know that the genre is in good hands.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
gotta be honest, i was really disappointed when the gameplay actually begun and saw that the actual game's graphics is pretty divorced from the presentation's aesthetic.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fan-fuckin-tastic. Loved the "stomp your friend's ghost back into their body" thin shown off previously.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will be a great game to play inbetween Monster Hunter World :Iceborne for me.

Cant wait.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting the manga cutscene reads western comic style (yes, I know it's developed by WayForward) because EX Troopers does the same thing (and that game never even released outside of Japan). Is this something done in other games with manga cutscenes or are these two games weird outliers?

Also, this game looks dope. Too bad I can't buy it because it's letterboxed /ssssss
These are just wierd outliers it seems since the artist for the comic scenes here seems to be Tsulala who primarily does a webcomic in the exact same style of the cutscenes in this, so they must have just not specified them to read exactly like manga.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God this game looks so god DAMN amazing!!! Holy shit, every single stylistic flair, all the art, the character charm, the beat em up nostalgia, everything is drop dead gorgeous.
????

How is it divorced from the aesthetic? It looks pretty close to me.
Because its pixel art, and pixels are inferior to my mangas/s

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
How was the River City Ransom sequel that came out a few years ago? I missed that game. I was going to get it, but traveling to China made it harder for me to buy games.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
There's totally room for 2 more playable characters on that select screen, have they said anything about unlockable fighters?

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's totally room for 2 more playable characters on that select screen, have they said anything about unlockable fighters?
It's Kunio and Riki.
4_Pp6Z6f.jpg

Is this related to River City Ransom?
Same series.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
This still looks greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat (spritework and gameplay).
Oooow girls, we are going to kick some serious ass in september :)
That makes me veeery happy.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
How was the River City Ransom sequel that came out a few years ago? I missed that game. I was going to get it, but traveling to China made it harder for me to buy games.

It's a bit hit and miss - the combat system and animation is great, but theres a lot to complain about (level design, direction etc). Only for diehard fans really.