• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
This is no april fool btw. Well the Direct is definitely funny and all but the announcements are real.

Rivals of Aether: Definitive Edition is coming this summer on Steam and Nintendo Switch (rip Xbox One players). It will include all DLC characters, a new game mode in Rivals of Tether, a new Milestone system allowing you to get free skins and more.
Everyone who bought the base game Rivals of Aether on Steam will be automatically upgraded to the Definitive Edition, regardless of the DLC characters you already own. Players who already own DLC characters will be rewarded with infamous skins once the Definitive Edition launches, this the only way to obtain them.

A card game set in the Aether universe is coming to iOS and Android this year: Creatures of Aether.

Also... Dan Fornace just teased a new turn-based game set in the Aether universe for 2022 and Rivals of Aether 2 with 3D models for 2023:

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The fake Direct had such an earnest feeling to it, it made me more excited to try their game. Been a hot minute since I last played.

Excited to see what the turn based RPG is, and just what the 3D game will be. I imagine it'll just be even more Smash Bros., which is fine, but it'd be fun if they went Power Stone with it or something.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
WTF I didn't know there was a workshop now. There are custom characters! Archen is in a fighting game! The fireworks moth is really cool!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love this dev team. Rivals of Aether is one of the best Smash-likes ever. I'm double dipping for the Switch version.

WTF I didn't know there was a workshop now. There are custom characters! Archen is in a fighting game! The fireworks moth is really cool!
The workshop has been around for a while. Take a look at these!

(The first 2 are the most noteworthy characters in the video.)

Last edited:

Rephil

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing this! I'm one of the developers on Creatures of Aether (artist). Let me know if you have any questions about that game specifically :D

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great way to announce your stuff. Fun parody (and better than the efforts of... bigger companies...).

Looking forward to DE and the RPG (some sick characters there), happy for the team! Love this trend of indies making their own game universes.