• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Just done my first full run with a friend, took us 80 minutes to do it, unlocking the Mercenary on the way. The game is still as good and addictive. Completely works in 3D.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I played about 3 hours of it last night. Didn't run into many bugs. It's enjoyable, but I am not sure I enjoy it more than the first yet. I also think the difficulty needs tweaking. With easy I did a 1.5 hour run. On normal I couldn't make it more than 10-20 minutes. They should make easy a bit harder and normal a bit easier.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
noice

MMfPhsd.png

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't boot into the game. All I got was a page said EARLY_ACCESS_DISCLAIMER and that's it.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
I can't boot into the game. All I got was a page said EARLY_ACCESS_DISCLAIMER and that's it.
Copied from the official discord:
FOR EVERYONE ENCOUNTERING THE EARLY_ACCESS_DISCLAIMER/BUTTON NOT WORKING

We've generally narrowed down the issue to your Save data being corrupted. This may be caused because you shut the game down abruptly or another issue occured. Please note that this will wipe your save file contents. If you want, back it up elsewhere.

1. First, make sure Risk of Rain 2 is closed.
2. Restart Steam.
3. Next, locate the folder that your userprofiles are saved in. This is typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(ACCOUNTNUMBER)\632360\remote\UserProfiles"
4. There should be an xml file in there with a bunch of random characters, i.e 2919dc8a-fd4c-4c3c-bd7d-8aeeac67b831.xml. Open the .xml file in Notepad.
5. Go to https://pastebin.com/BQkjgRrK and copy the contents of the Pastebin INTO the .xml file, REPLACING ALL THE EXISTING CONTENT. Press Save.
6. Reopen the game in Steam.

Please let me know if this works - we will be patching the game in the future to work around this, but for now this should at least let you enjoy the game.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
This seems to be doing amazingly well in terms of sales/players.

Sequels to large-scale indie successes frequently don't perform too well commercially, I guess completely changing the gameplay here helped.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The buy 1 get 1 free special really helped make it an impulse buy. Never played the first one, but this one looked fun so I picked it up.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like such an accomplishment when a game can move so fluidly from 2D to 3D. This game is so much fun.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I was sceptical that it would work in 3D when they first announced it, but its super fun, just as much as the original.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm shocked at how legit the jump from 2D to 3D was, this game is fantastic.

Dreenk

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really want to jump in during early access, but all the praise and BOGO tipped the scales - and sure enough, it's really damn good! Again, amazing how they essentially just translated RoR1 into 3D so cleanly and recognizably. I expected to be way more overwhelmed/confused, but it works really well.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Just a quick shoutout to Windows. Literally ended my best run yet. Fuck right off.
oESbQiS.png

Other than that I'm really enjoying this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Double jump in 3D feels so good
Black Hole + multiple AoEs and life leech gave me my first loop and Huntress, but I got too damn tired and started sleeping during the desert after the loop D:

Huntress is really cool, like her more here than in the first game. Also wish they add the slight pause from her Glaive to Commando's Suppressive Fire. It felt like a powerful mini gunkata in RoR1, here it feels like a faster Double Tap. Full Metal Jacket also needs more of a oomph visually.

Oct 25, 2017
Dataminers found Bandit's model in game, and files for HAN-D, Sniper and Enforcer. Sniper and Bandit but no Loader, Acrid or Miner?? BRB ASKING FOR REFUND

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
I knew as soon as I seen gameplay for this they went the right direction of 3D. God damn this game is a ton of fun. Can't wait to jump back in tomorrow.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Played this tonight with a couple of friends and yeah, it's a ton of fun. I never really got into the first game all that much but so far this one feels really damn good. Only unlocked the Huntress (I think it is? The one with the bow and arrow and the glaive) as an extra character so far.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Simply amazing how well they pulled off the transition to 3D. The first was one of my favorite co-op games and I have a lot of fond memories of it, so glad to see the sequel delivering and doing well.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Had my best run yet during my last run. Tons of drones, Bleed, Lightning Chain, and phantom daggers on kill along with some other stuff. Game is a ton of fun

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Never played RoR1 but picked this up tonight and played a couple hours with a friend and was blown away. This will have tons of replayability.

Is it better to activate the teleporter right away when you find it or explore and open loot containers?

CheeseWraith

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome game, the jump to 3D is all I ever asked for. In my first run I somehow could not find the teleporter so I just jumped off a cliff after 30 minutes. xD

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Question! I'm pretty decent at shooters (just got my Global rank in CS the other day wahey!) and I'm always in the mood for more shooty-shoots. However is this game soley dependant upon luck/drops? Or can you actually get far by raw aim skill alone?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Never played RoR1 but picked this up tonight and played a couple hours with a friend and was blown away. This will have tons of replayability.

Is it better to activate the teleporter right away when you find it or explore and open loot containers?
Depends on what you want to do, but if you find a teleporter and beat the boss in an area quickly the boss drops better loot is worth mentioning. Given summoning a boss early also means no upgrades to scavenge, and if you're underpowered and fight a boss at best you may take longer just to beat it and thus no better loot, at worst you'll get overwhelmed while underpowered and die.

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone describes me how the gameplay loops work ? Videos of the game got me interested but i' m not sure on the loop

Edit ; nevermind, bought !

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone describes me how the gameplay loops work ? Videos of the game got me interested but i' m not sure on the loop
Play a level, find teleporter that spawns a boss and takes you to next level. Enemies spawn periodically and the game gets harder as time goes on. You need to kill enemies for experience and money, so it's a balance between advancing levels before it gets too much for you to handle and waiting around and killing things enabling you to become more powerful.

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017
Play a level, find teleporter that spawns a boss and takes you to next level. Enemies spawn periodically and the game gets harder as time goes on. You need to kill enemies for experience and money, so it's a balance between advancing levels before it gets too much for you to handle and waiting around and killing things enabling you to become more powerful.

Thanks seems very cool. Now that i bought it i need to find where the extra copy is :)

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This one feels way harder than the first one. Only managed to loop for the first time after setting to easy. At least I unlocked the Huntress, which was my favorite character in the original.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got gifted this tonight. Game is fucking awesome!

It is kinda fucking crazy how similar it is to the first game but in a 3D field. Really creative!

Oct 25, 2017
Question! I'm pretty decent at shooters (just got my Global rank in CS the other day wahey!) and I'm always in the mood for more shooty-shoots. However is this game soley dependant upon luck/drops? Or can you actually get far by raw aim skill alone?
You absolutely need skill to survive after 20ish minutes (and to beat RoR1 final level/final boss), but you also need gear. Getting super unlucky can't be compensated by skill, but it's not solely dependent on drops either. The longer you go the more options you get, too (more chests with multiple options you can choose from, the newly added 3D printers and temple of order, etc) and there's the runes (not implemented in 2 yet but already present in the menu). In RoR1, runes allowed a greater degree of control both on drops and difficulty - there was one that straight up allowed you to pick exactly what which chest gave you, and another that made all enemies explode upon death dealing %HP damage, for instance.

I wouldn't really compare RoR (either one) to any traditional shooter, even if it got closer to the genre with the jump to 3D.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of fun! The buy one get one free idea was awesome and it seems to have paid off. It seems to have exploded instantly

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to pause the game in co-op? This looks like it would be fun to play with my wife, but we definitely need to be able to pause

Also is the controller support any good?

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Anyone else having difficulty finding the teleporter? In some levels, like in the swamp, I can sometimes take upwards to 10 or 15 minutes of running around in circles trying to find it. I feel like I will eventually just give up on the game due to that.