• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
According to my friend, it looks to be Mac Compatible as well. Can anyone confirm; I've convinced my group to go in on it, but that's her stipulation, since she doesn't have a PC.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the info OP, nabbed a copy for myself so I can play with my buddy. He really enjoyed the first game.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This looks great on stream, though I guess similar to old footage. Are people liking it?

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
According to my friend, it looks to be Mac Compatible as well. Can anyone confirm; I've convinced my group to go in on it, but that's her stipulation, since she doesn't have a PC.

It probably will be in the future like RoR1 was, but because it's in early access I think they're focusing on Windows.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Loved the first game and definitely interested in this one too. Would be buying it right now but I fear my HD 7850 won't be enough to run it considering the listed minimum reqs. Guess I'll wait as I've got other stuff to catch up on, but this is a definite buy for me eventually when I either get a new GPU or it gets a console release.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love risk of rain but this looks so fucking weird.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
5-6 games in now and I'm getting more of a feel for it. Issues so far are mostly that the teleporters are really really hard to see because their shimmering isn't as bright as it probably should be.

It's fucking awesome still. I love the new Use item that lets you just fly anywhere for 15 seconds, and the Lunar coins seem like an interesting new currency. I can't believe how close this feels to RoR1 considering it's in 3D now.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Sooo played a bit more and the teleports are far too hard to see on some levels. Spent 15-20 mins just stuck on the second level not being able to find the damn thing. Was not fun to do that.

Other than that really positive, translates surprisingly well

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
QBedadB.png

Bring on RoR2. If anyone has a spare copy I will be very appreciative, otherwise I'm waiting for payday.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is fun. The shooting actually feels really satisfying. Can't wait for a melee focused character. The first level gives me forest vibes from PSO and I like it!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I looked up some gameplay and the switch to 3D makes it more complicated for me, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Played it with a friend earlier this morning and it desynced pretty fucking bad to the point we had to quit so that was a shame. Obviously room for improvement since it's in EA, but a bit disappointed that it was that unstable.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
can someone explain this game to me? is this a loot shooter with multyplayer?

It's a roguelike-like. You go through levels killing stuff and getting items, all the while the difficulty is increasing. At the moment, beating the last level loops you around to the first level (which was an option in the first game), but in the final product there'll be a final level and final boss. If you die, you have to start over from nothing again. There are a bunch of different characters with different abilities, and as you go through the game more and more, you'll unlock items that will start to appear from the chests that you get items from in the game.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
It's a roguelike-like. You go through levels killing stuff and getting items, all the while the difficulty is increasing. At the moment, beating the last level loops you around to the first level (which was an option in the first game), but in the final product there'll be a final level and final boss. If you die, you have to start over from nothing again. There are a bunch of different characters with different abilities, and as you go through the game more and more, you'll unlock items that will start to appear from the chests that you get items from in the game.
thanks.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The first one had minuscule characters, I hope they increased what you see on the screen.

Last edited:

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Game's pretty fun. Got to the 4th level with the Commando and unlocked the Huntress. It's literally Risk of Rain but in 3D, which is great.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Friend that I played the first one with already bought it and gave me the code.

I can't wait to play! But I also want to play Sekiro tonight! And I need to finish my 2nd run of RE2! And I need to do a harder playthrough of DMCV to unlock the rest of the moves! THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD GAMES OUT RIGHT NOW!

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Just played for about an hour, absolutely fantastic so far. If you liked the first game you should definitely pick this up without any hesitation.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Played three runs with the three characters I've unlocked. Only got really far with the Commando so far, but Huntress seems pretty fun.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to read positive impressions. I love the first and was a bit concerned about the move to 3D. Will pick this up soon.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching stream with the most viewers and the struggle to find the teleporter is real, wow.
Bahroo spent 15 min looking for the one in the swamp zone with the big trees, it was in the water near a wall, almost invisible.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I'm watching stream with the most viewers and the struggle to find the teleporter is real, wow.
Bahroo spent 15 min looking for the one in the swamp zone with the big trees, it was in the water near a wall, almost invisible.
Yeppppp it's my biggest issue by far. I think with the switch to 3d they need a map or something. I struggle to know where I've been / spot the bloody teleporter.