• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

https://store.steampowered.com/app/632360/Risk_of_Rain_2/

edit:
Why Early Access?
"For Early Access, we're focused on three big goals: Building a community - We're building a Discord (discord.gg/riskofrain2) where we can keep in contact with you and foster a constructive community focused on playing and improving the game. We want to tell you about all the latest updates and hear and discuss your feedback. Whether you found a bug, have some design feedback, or came up with your own great idea, we want to hang out and talk about it. We also love the idea of you finding new co-op buddies in Discord!

Consistent, meaningful content - We believe our experience with beta phases of development in the past means we can thoughtfully and consistently support Risk of Rain 2 during Early Access. We know it's a big deal to ask for your money for an unfinished project, so we want to consistently deliver great updates like new characters, items, enemies, bosses, and environments.

A great feedback loop - While we have a vision for the game, players often have fantastic ideas to propel a game from good to great. This is also our first 3D title, so we want to make sure we're meeting (and beating) everyone's expectations of the game. For players that give especially useful feedback, we want to find a way to recognize them."
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
"We are planning to stay in Early Access for around 12 months. We want to make sure the game launches in a state we are happy with and don't want to rush it."
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
"We look at 1.0 in three parts—first, delivering more content (10 characters, 10 stages, 12 bosses, and over 100 items). Then, delivering a true ending and boss fight to match. Finally, we want to make sure the game is super polished by the time we go 1.0. This includes game features as well as localization beyond just English."
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
"The core game loop and multiplayer suite is fully implemented but will continue being polished throughout Early Access. At Early Access launch, Risk of Rain 2 features over 75 items and equipment, 6 playable classes and 6 bosses to keep the game fresh for many, many hours. "
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
"Yes. We don't have a firm price for 1.0 yet, but given all the content that we'll be adding and the added polish the game will receive, you should expect the price to increase at launch. We'll definitely be talking about it ahead of time!"
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
"We are planning on involving the community as much as possible as we develop and design Risk of Rain 2. We are particularity interested in:
  • Gameplay Balance
  • Suggestions and ideas
  • Bug finding
  • Supporting Test branches

We also plan to highlight specific users of the community who help us track down bugs or have great ideas."

to clarify: the buy one get one offer is done since March 30.

Last edited:

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Unexpected, but i welcome this surprise! And holy crap there's a buy one get one deal going on huh? This is very tempting. I might have to pull the trigger.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The first one was amazing. Even though I'm really not a fan of the change to 3D, I'm still willing to try it.

I hope the music is still fantastic.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Someone tell me if it's good and worth the launch day deal pls

I loved the first one, mostly because of the music.

Oct 28, 2017
Remember you've got two hours of gameplay to raise a refund request on Steam. Just buy it, test it, if you don't like it, refund it.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember having to squint when I first saw footage of the first game lol.

It's not for me but glad its found an audience.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
You can do this a few times but then steam will warn you, the refund system is not a way to "demo" games.

I talked to Valve about that warning a couple of years ago, after Sterling published his video response to Arkane's comment that people can just use the refund system to demo Prey 2017, in which he says it's dangerous advice as players may be blacklisted from refunds, and was told "[they] look at a variety of factors in your refund behaviour before declining". So, in other words, as long as trialling games is your only "misuse" of the system, you actually have nothing to worry about.

Edit: I was also told there is no limit on the amount of refund requests you can submit in a given month.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the first one so much, but I'll need to try 2 since it looks really different, pacing and all.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bought the first one but never managed to get into it despite liking the genre

i will keep this under my lens

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Buy one get one immediately seems like a good way to encourage people to try it multiplayer, especially given how the first one went...

Is the multiplayer easier to set up than the original? I remember wasting like half an hour with ports and then it kind of worked.

Key Features
  • Play four player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Risk of rain is one of my fav games, played so much of it.

Instantly bought this and had one 30 min run - so far it seems really cool. I have unlocked my fav char from the first game so will give her a go next!

EXCITED!!!!!

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
If people are feeling generous and are friendless I'd love the gift copy like it was my child.

Or I'll just buy it with money. Risk of Rain 1 was incredible.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Now to see if you can break the game by collecting hundreads of power ups to make it the real risk of rain experience.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty interested in this. Spent a ton of time with the first, the change to 3D has me wary though. I generally don't buy into early access, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Noo I was expecting the release but was asleep. My missed OP chance!!

Will buy later if I can even run it lol.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Ok, just some weird wording on the transaction page.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, purchasing the game in a region where games are notably cheaper than in the US by default will generate a gift copy that is region-locked to that region (e.g. buying the game from the Russian store will generate a gift copy that is restricted to Eastern Europe), but, yeah, the promotion itself isn't limited to select regions.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
IT'S SO GOOD YALL. I played 3 rounds for a little under an hour and it's so fucking good. It translates so well to 3D, and they've made some cool changes and added a lot of new shit. It's Early Access obv but I'm pretty stoked for how the game is now, so it'll only get better!

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
B1G1 is a great move for Co op. Going to buy this and gift extra copy to a friend later tonight

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Just so there's no misunderstanding, purchasing the game in a region where games are notably cheaper than in the US by default will generate a gift copy that is region-locked to that region (e.g. buying the game from the Russian store will generate a gift copy that is restricted to Eastern Europe), but, yeah, the promotion itself isn't limited to select regions.

Yeah I'm in the UK, it's just that it says it's not giftable in my region, but what it means is that I can't gift the game with an extra key to someone, if you buy the game normally it gives you a key to give to someone else.

To me, it read as a warning that I wouldn't be able to gift the key to someone in my region.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017

just curious, how does the gift copy work if the original owner refunds?