• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlayerReady

Oct 31, 2017
Ended up buying on PS4 since it is the console I get indie titles for since they tend to get a physical release.

This game is amazing and really addictive too. I cannot put it down, it should come with a warning!

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Couch coop yet? Heard it wasn't in early access but thought maybe they added it?!?!

I think there's a mod that cobbles it together, although I don't know if it still works or how buggy it is.

I'm hoping split screen is officially added to the game, as them stating it would be there eventually is what got me to buy it when it hit early access. Now their answers read 'we'd like to add it at some point.'

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
I think there's a mod that cobbles it together, although I don't know if it still works or how buggy it is.

I'm hoping split screen is officially added to the game, as them stating it would be there eventually is what got me to buy it when it hit early access. Now their answers read 'we'd like to add it at some point.'
Well then I'll just wait for them to add it. If ever.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Is it that bad? Was on the verge to pull the trigger on Switch
From my point of view, yeah, I didn't find it enough enjoyable to play more than 2-3 times. It's been a while though, maybe there's more content now but it was really a bad purchase on my side, I should have read more about the title before buying it. And by the time I found it pretty empty, the 2 hours mark was over.

PlayerReady

Oct 31, 2017
From my point of view, yeah, I didn't find it enough enjoyable to play more than 2-3 times. It's been a while though, maybe there's more content now but it was really a bad purchase on my side, I should have read more about the title before buying it. And by the time I found it pretty empty, the 2 hours mark was over.

It is a roguelite thus the contents in these types of games is never overwhelming. They are more about replayability and experimenting with different builds.

I would recommend a purchase as you get the original Risk of Rain included in a bundle with the physical release.

The only thing really missing is an end level stage and boss. I have had a blast with it (over 30 hours played) that is more time than I invest in other big releases!

Last edited:

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I found out there wasn't any sense of progression between each run, aside unlocking characters, not enough even for a rogue lite. But that's on me, I should have checked more let's play before buying it.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
After all this time of holding off from buying it after enjoying the original all those years ago, man what a fun game this is. Played it all night with my brother and friend.