• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Between this & the Maximus tease in the footage we got of the show, it's clear that they aren't shying away from the Inhumans in the MCU proper. Though I'd imagine that Marvel Studios will hit the reset button on the Royal Family compared to Loeb's attempt. Either way, I guess he & The Inventor will be the villains of this season.

Source: Rish Shah (Instagram, posted on Twitter by cosmic_marvel)

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
That means it's time: bring them back

MV5BODk1ZGU4NjgtYmNjNi00ZGNlLTljOGQtNjE2ZDIyOTg4ZTkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM_._V1_.jpg

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Inhumans royal family for Phase 5 I guess.
and do it right this time.
Please bring back Chloe Bennet as Quake, while we're at it with the Inhumans.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Netflix Daredevil is returning, but the Marvel TV Inhumans were so shitty, Fiege is going to have to do a full reboot, lol.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Man, if anyone could redeem the Inhumans show, it would be Feige, but it won't be easy.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a bigger recent comic book misfire than the Inhumans TV series.

OK, maybe the most recent Fantastic Four movie. But even that looked like it was making an effort (albeit a bad one).
The dumb part being if they (Permutter's side) had not pushed it so hard out of some desire to replace the X-Men, it probably would have eventually got adapted as one of the Disney+ series, with a proper budget and connected to the rest of the MCU.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The dumb part being if they (Permutter's side) had not pushed it so hard out of some desire to replace the X-Men, it probably would have eventually got adapted as one of the Disney+ series, with a proper budget and connected to the rest of the MCU.

I'd argue that the disaster of the Inhumans was the reason we have an Eternals feature film which I'm thankful for. When you really think about it, a hypothetical Inhumans feature film would have been somewhat similar to what we have for the Eternals from a narrative perspective.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
That means it's time: bring them back

MV5BODk1ZGU4NjgtYmNjNi00ZGNlLTljOGQtNjE2ZDIyOTg4ZTkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM_._V1_.jpg
This was so bad that it's the only MCU related show that I feel they absolutely need to purge and reboot if necessary. I think that even Iron Fist can be redeemed in some ways if he made his way into the MCU proper. Inhumans felt like a misfire on almost every level and I really think it was because Ike Perlmutter was trying to rush it into production for some reason.

It's kind of crazy to think that Feige talked to Vin Diesel about playing Black Bolt in the future and they thought it would be a fun thing for him to voice Groot in the meantime, but now he's been playing Groot as his primary role in the MCU for the last 6 years.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I would hope they'd bring back Ramsay Bolton to play the role without a complete dogshit script and budget to work with as Maximus.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

This gif keeps getting posted, but it's never accurate.
The reason he makes a sound isn't because he's hit by batons, but because he's being tased. This gif always cuts that part.

Now, if you wanted to post a gif of just how much of a chumps these Inhumans are, you should post one of Lockjaw getting hit by quad, which leads to him being incapacitated for the rest of the season.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This was so bad that it's the only MCU related show that I feel they absolutely need to purge and reboot if necessary. I think that even Iron Fist can be redeemed in some ways if he made his way into the MCU proper. Inhumans felt like a misfire on almost every level and I really think it was because Ike Perlmutter was trying to rush it into production for some reason.

It's kind of crazy to think that Feige talked to Vin Diesel about playing Black Bolt in the future and they thought it would be a fun thing for him to voice Groot in the meantime, but now he's been playing Groot as his primary role in the MCU for the last 6 years.
Inhumans and Iron Fist, the Buck Factor.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I don't know if I really buy that that is Maximus. It *could* be but I'm not convinced it couldn't just easily be any random character in a coat.

That is 9000% Maximus. Trenchcoat, neck orb thingy by his chest and that setup is his most notable comic book outfit too.

Thinking something like that is a random character in a coat is basically the antithesis to the MCU.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This gif keeps getting posted, but it's never accurate.
The reason he makes a sound isn't because he's hit by batons, but because he's being tased. This gif always cuts that part.

Now, if you wanted to post a gif of just how much of a chumps these Inhumans are, you should post one of Lockjaw getting hit by quad, which leads to him being incapacitated for the rest of the season.
It's not just the baton, it's also the hilariously cheesy effect for his voice.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Dunno how legit this is, but the seeds of Inhumans may be planted in other D+ shows.

F&TWS features a "virus" and a power broker, would could indicate Terrigen, Ms. Marvel is InHuman and we heard early on they were casting Royals"

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Inhumans are a great cast of characters, but that show was atrocious.

Weird that they're showing up before the Fantastic Four, though.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The Inhumans are a great cast of characters, but that show was atrocious.

Weird that they're showing up before the Fantastic Four, though.
Not necessarily, they've done a modernized intro without them involving Maximus kicking off a terrigen wave to distract the royal family and cause a war to get rid of Blackbolt. With them already a space moon colony

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily, they've done a modernized intro without them involving Maximus kicking off a terrigen wave to distract the royal family and cause a war to get rid of Blackbolt. With them already a space moon colony

I didn't say the idea wouldn't work without them, but the Inhumans absolutely are a Fantastic Four idea and with the F4 officially on the way, I'm surprised they're going to try again and not spin them out of the F4.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say the idea wouldn't work without them, but the Inhumans absolutely are a Fantastic Four idea and with the F4 officially on the way, I'm surprised they're going to try again and not spin them out of the F4.

In general Inhumanity has been something of a go-to template for introducing Inhumans. Some event causes Terrigen mists to leak out, various people start developing Inhuman powers, and the sudden surge of Inhumans may or may not draw the attention of the Royal Family.

It's the one thing they really have over mutants, MCU integration is bloody easy.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
In general Inhumanity has been something of a go-to template for introducing Inhumans. Some event causes Terrigen mists to leak out, various people start developing Inhuman powers, and the sudden surge of Inhumans may or may not draw the attention of the Royal Family.

It's the one thing they really have over mutants, MCU integration is bloody easy.
Yup Inhumans need an extremely rare trigger that's almost all under careful watch. So outside of a lost kree catch(which is what AOS did), it's literally something hidden till intentionally triggered in the population. And even then unlike xmen Inhumans legit have the option to leave human society in the first place

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There was a rumor a while back that clips from this would appear as a fictional TV show about the Inhuman royal family within the MCU.

As funny as this would be, I don't think they would do this. It comes of as petty and actually makes it more awkward if they ever decide to try the royal family again. Because why would there be a TV show about characters that no one knows about yet?

I think the Inhumans TV show will be completely ignored and perhaps the only TV show they ever straight up confirm isn't canon. They won't make fun of it in-universe.