• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018

The scene where Cesar has had enough of Malfoys' shit.

I did not expect this powerful of a scene in a movie that was a prequel of sorts to the corny movies from the 60s and 70s. It actually made my hair stand up on the back of my neck seeing it for the first time.

There are only a few scenes from movies I have seen in theatres that really sticks with me. The end of the original Saw film, the end of The Mist, and this scene are really the only ones that really stick out in my head.

The Planet of the Apes trilogy is also highly underrated in my opinion.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, scene of the movie. Payoff of the grounded setup. Had the same reaction.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5u69LPe.gif

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Planet of the Apes trilogy is one of the best ever. It's ridiculous how good they all were. Never expected that. And to this day the CGI is incredible!

AceStrimmer

Feb 12, 2021
When I saw that in the cinema on it's original release, a good whack of the audience yelled out "YEEEEEEESSSSS!" at that scene.

Power of cinema, guys!

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
the end when he talks to that piece of shit franco was pretty well done too.

the trilogy was one of the biggest surprises, when Reeves took over and turned it super serious though it really became something special

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
I remember laughing my way through the whole film with friends when we watched it in the cinema.

Good thing it was the middle of the afternoon and nobody else was around.

AceStrimmer

Feb 12, 2021
Every part of the trilogy works. And the absolute ending to it all....is just beautiful. Breaks my heart every time.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I need to rewatch the 3rd one. I was pretty underwhelmed by it when I saw it in theaters, but everyone else seems to dig it.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Still one of my favorite theater memories. I saw an early matinee and everyone else in the theater was like me, we all just wanted to beat the heat and get some AC for two hours. When that happened the theater was dead silent for like ten seconds and then someone up front said "SHIT!"

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking insane in the theater. You could hear the audience breathe in deep.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Underrated trilogy imo. And they were all ace. Idk. Maybe its just my circle but it feels nobody really talks about these movies beyond the month they come out.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was sure this movie was going to be shit but I absolutely loved it. Still my favourite of the three tbh.

When this moment happened the cinema fell completely silent nobody moved a muscle. Really good shit.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Great scene, OP. I thought the opening of Dawn was most excellent as well:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most memorable audience reactions I've experienced in a movie theater, for sure.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Just watched the clip in the OP. Pretty good. Don't remember it having as much impact when I first saw it. But as a trilogy I remember thinking they sat really well together with a lot of coherency.

Saw the last one at baby cinema with a new(ish) born and thinking "wow, this is too loud!"

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was a perfectly executed subversion of Heston's scene in the original. The whole damn trilogy is perfection.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
It also can't be said enough that Koba is one of the goat film antagonists, not to mention how incredible it is that Dawn does what it does by telling so much of its story through sign language and subtitles.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember Tom Felton was in this.
And yes, the trilogy was underrated. The weird thing was, while each movie was very good, they couldn't sustain the hype. I went to see each just because they were sequels to the previous one and not because I wanted to learn more about the lore or see more of the characters, just like I did for Star Wars or the MCU, and yet they were consistently great movies.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want to watch the second and third movies, but I can't stand the sight of seeing animals die in movies. CG or not, I just hate it. I know that it's inevitable in the sequels, so for me, the first movie stands alone in its greatness.

AceStrimmer

Feb 12, 2021
Not to make light of the current global situation but it was also really smart in showing something as unthinkable as a pandemic spreading the world through travel - and only making that plain at the very end of the film. Over the credits no less!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Weirdly I feel that this trilogy isn't talked about enough. Not enough click baity articles and retrospectives, not enough youtube videos from armchair critics analysing the cinematography and themes, etc. And yes, not enough LTTP/RTTP threads on Era.

The trilogy is astounding, what an incredible character arc for Caesar. OP, that scene was chilling in the cinema, people gasped, it was great. The third movie is my favourite though.

I think my favourite scene
is the one where Caesar and the gang corner the ape traitor as he's working as a cook for the humans. The whole scene is framed like it's a mob hit you'd see in Carlito's Way or something, it was both hilarious and tragic watching it play out.

EDIT: hid the scene from the third movie in case people haven't watched it yet. (the fuck are you waiting for?)

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the clip in the OP. Pretty good. Don't remember it having as much impact when I first saw it. But as a trilogy I remember thinking they sat really well together with a lot of coherency.

Saw the last one at baby cinema with a new(ish) born and thinking "wow, this is too loud!"
Goes to show what you can accomplish when you plan out your movie trilogy

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I think my favourite scene is the one where Caesar and the gang corner the ape traitor as he's working as a cook for the humans. The whole scene is framed like it's a mob hit you'd see in Carlito's Way or something, it was both hilarious and tragic watching it play out.
War is basically the best Western since Unforgiven.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hell, probably the best reboot of a franchise ever? I can't think of anything that comes close. The Fly is the only thing I can think of.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
It also can't be said enough that Koba is one of the goat film antagonists, not to mention how incredible it is that Dawn does what it does by telling so much of its story through sign language and subtitles.

that "who the fuck do you think you're talking to" stand up gets me every time. Such a great character.

AceStrimmer

Feb 12, 2021

It would be so easy to make the typical heroes and villains - but in these films, each character is nuanced. They have proper motivations.