• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Because you run into them less and they are handled faster.

I'll be honest, I don't believe you for a second that you've actually run into 3 cheaters in Valorant already. But if that keeps you from playing the game, so be it. I'm grateful that Riot is willing to let certain players go to maintain competitive integrity to the largest extent possible.

Funny, that's mentioned right in the post you quoted!

Against. Zero tolerance for cheating. No safe spaces for piece of shit hackers.

I don't really care if you believe me or not. That's not the point. It's not that hard to find out for yourself either.

There's no integrity to keep here. It's not a morale stance. Their anticheat will not work and you'll get a huge security problem. The tradeoff is really not worth it. Plus, there are tons of other methods to curb cheating more efficently than this.. If they are serious about "competitive integrity" they should look into that, no? All the anticheat stuff it's just bad pr, really. Having played in competitive scenes since 20 years ago it's pretty evident. It's the same as "we got 128 tick servers" and "fog of war2211!".
It's just sad that they can force millions of uneducated people to install something this dangerous on their pc.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care if you believe me or not. That's not the point. It's not that hard to find out for yourself either.

There's no integrity to keep here. It's not a morale stance. Their anticheat will not work and you'll get a huge security problem. The tradeoff is really not worth it. Plus, there are tons of other methods to curb cheating more efficently than this.. If they are serious about "competitive integrity" they should look into that, no? All the anticheat stuff it's just bad pr, really. Having played in competitive scenes since 20 years ago it's pretty evident. It's the same as "we got 128 tick servers" and "fog of war2211!".
It's just sad that they can force millions of uneducated people to install something this dangerous on their pc.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
You left out the part when neither a mouse, a keyboard or a GPU is going to fuck up your system nor become a resource hog.

We had already software of this kind in the past. It went VERY wrong

The only good things it bringed was the experience of not having something like it again and that it kickstarted my job

???
There was (and still is!) A bug with Corsair iCue that completely destroys performance on your CPU and slams it, don't state that consumer product drivers don't have issues wh

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What is more effective than it?

You can't stop cheats, even with a software with kernel access. You can put as many barriers of entry as you can to make it not worth it. That's what riot and valve are doing.

Stuff like adding a phone number to your account to get in a different matchmaking pool, trust factor on your account to filter it even more, AI taking a look at patterns like vacnet does, community reviewed demos like on GO or LOL, an amount of hours/experiences/matches to do before entering a competitive queue.

Nothing you can do to stop people from cheating. An anticheat with access this deep is just the worst possible solution to an unsolvable problem.

I mean.. VAC was updated to look for DNS to cheat providers and people went NUTS in 2014. And now a kernel anticheat is ok?

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it works, there has to be some other way to combat cheaters than potentially handing over your PC to a business company.

Also aren't there already cheaters in their closed beta?

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
I have a question about the security risks in regards to Vanguard which are mentioned here.
How can a hacker (or anyone with malicious intent) get access to this specific kernel driver and use its admin access to do something with my PC?
Is it through another malware in the end?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't stop cheats, even with a software with kernel access. You can put as many barriers of entry as you can to make it not worth it. That's what riot and valve are doing.

Stuff like adding a phone number to your account to get in a different matchmaking pool, trust factor on your account to filter it even more, AI taking a look at patterns like vacnet does, community reviewed demos like on GO or LOL, an amount of hours/experiences/matches to do before entering a competitive queue.

Nothing you can do to stop people from cheating. An anticheat with access this deep is just the worst possible solution to an unsolvable problem.

I mean.. VAC was updated to look for DNS to cheat providers and people went NUTS in 2014. And now a kernel anticheat is ok?
This isn't an all-or-nothing game. Detecting more cheaters is better than detecting fewer cheaters.

There's nothing stopping Riot from implementing other measures on top of this one to make the game even more secure. I'm sure they already have plans for at least some of it. They're taking cheating seriously because they understand how it can utterly ruin competitive games (unlike, say, Bungie).

Read this. Like actually read it.

eune.leagueoflegends.com

/dev/null: Anti-Cheat Kernel Driver - League of Legends

We’re protecting some of Riot’s upcoming games with new anti-cheat systems.

Even if it works, there has to be some other way to combat cheaters than potentially handing over your PC to a business company.

Also aren't there already cheaters in their closed beta?
Why not use every possible method? Throw the kitchen sink at them. Make cheating in Valorant as big of a hassle as you possibly can.

Yes there have been cheaters, but they are being dealt with far faster than even most live games.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't an all-or-nothing game. Detecting more cheaters is better than detecting fewer cheaters.

There's nothing stopping Riot from implementing other measures on top of this one to make the game even more secure. I'm sure they already have plans for at least some of it. They're taking cheating seriously because they understand how it can utterly ruin competitive games (unlike, say, Bungie).

Read this. Like actually read it.

eune.leagueoflegends.com

/dev/null: Anti-Cheat Kernel Driver - League of Legends

We’re protecting some of Riot’s upcoming games with new anti-cheat systems.

I read it 2 months ago. Same pr stuff that tells you nothing. "Cheats bad, insert joke, btw we got kernel access".

I'm sure they can implement all the other measures on top of this one. But this one has access to my pc, the rest doesn't. And the should talk about "the rest" since it's working better than any anticheat in existence if they are serious about the issue.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Considering there's already videos of aimbots going around, some posted barely 24 hours after the Beta launched, playing multiple rounds, it doesn't give me much confidence in this. Which is something not being as talked about. Just because of how it's installed doesn't inherently make it good. The argument seems to be "I accept this because I want to stop cheaters", but is it doing that? Early days but so far the answer's no. And there's no guarantee it ever will.

For me, not worth it. Is there a high chance it'll be exploited? No. It probably never will. But the only way to make the risk a flat 0 is to not install it in the first place. Game looks alright but not worth the potential risk. I'm enjoying Warzone and Dota 2 without needing something like this to do so, either. Valve seems to be exploring every OTHER option than this and I'll trust their judgement that there's a reason for that.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the cure may become worse than the illness?
You really gonna go with a Trump quote as your argument?

It's not worse than the illness. Anti-cheat is necessary. People making the argument that "there will always be cheaters" are ignoring the fact that there would be far more cheaters without any anti-cheat software.

Many modern cheats are already executed at the kernel level. There must be detection at that level or the situation will deteriorate exponentially. That's really all there is to it. This is where the cheats live now. Anti-cheat needs to be there too.

Considering there's already videos of aimbots going around, some posted barely 24 hours after the Beta launched, playing multiple rounds, it doesn't give me much confidence in this. Which is something not being as talked about. Just because of how it's installed doesn't inherently make it good. The argument seems to be "I accept this because I want to stop cheaters", but is it doing that? Early days but so far the answer's no. And there's no guarantee it ever will.

For me, not worth it. Is there a high chance it'll be exploited? No. It probably never will. But the only way to make the risk a flat 0 is to not install it in the first place. Game looks alright but not worth the potential risk. I'm enjoying Warzone and Dota 2 without needing something like this to do so, either. Valve seems to be exploring every OTHER option than this and I'll trust their judgement that there's a reason for that.
There are also videos going around of cheaters being banned mid-match during a closed beta. I don't recall that level of aggressive anti-cheat in any game... ever.

You can't stop cheating fully. People have even found ways to do it on consoles. But you can make it as big of a hassle as possible and detect/ban as many cheats as you can find. In less than a week of Valorant's closed beta Riot has already demonstrated a more sophisticated system than I've seen from Bungie in a PC game that's been running for years now.

Oct 27, 2017
You really gonna go with a Trump quote as your argument?

It's not worse than the illness. Anti-cheat is necessary. People making the argument that "there will always be cheaters" are ignoring the fact that there would be far more cheaters without any anti-cheat software.

Many modern cheats are already executed at the kernel level. There must be detection at that level or the situation will deteriorate exponentially. That's really all there is to it. This is where the cheats live now. Anti-cheat needs to be there too.

That figure of speech existed long before Trump but that's off-topic.

I'm not arguing against anti-cheat at all, just against this particulary invasive method. You also wouldn't want to install permanently activated cameras in every room of your home that send their footage to some privately owned company in who knows where just to fight burglars, would you?

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Wait how was that wallhack working in that earlier vid, I thought they dont send you the info for players hidden by geometry to prevent exactly this

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wait how was that wallhack working in that earlier vid, I thought they dont send you the info for players hidden by geometry to prevent exactly this

Again, it's just pr. It's something GO is doing since 5 years ago. Even faceit did it with their anticheat (so aggresively that player models popped in around corners, actually)before valve implemented it directly into source.

It's something present since forever ago in shooters and they are just spinning it as the new hot thing. Spoiler: it doesn't work.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
Are you really though?

Case in point, an ESEA employee exploited the software to mine Bitcoin with user machines. Several people reported damaged hardware as a result. This stuff is use at your own risk. And the risk is not just theoretical.

I am aware of this but do you really think Riot would let something like that slip past or indeed why they would even want to? ESEA had a history of shady shit before that incident as well so they were never trustworthy in my opinion.

I again say that we knew this was happening months ago so why is everyone surprised / annoyed now?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not arguing against anti-cheat at all, just against this particulary invasive method. You also wouldn't want to install permanently activated cameras in every room of your home that send their footage to some privately owned company in who knows where just to fight burglars, would you?
This is a false equivalence as I pointed out to someone earlier in the thread who made the same argument, but I'll play along anyway. If I had a 1-in-5 chance of being burglarized each night (rough estimate based on the number of PUBG bans for cheating compared to total player count) then yeah, I would probably tolerate any level of surveillance that would mitigate my chances. If installing those cameras lowered my odds to 1-in-50, that's a trade-off I am willing to make. If you'd rather take your chances with burglars 10x more than me, so be it. You can choose not to install the cameras. They are optional, just like playing Valorant.

The "outrage" FUD over Riot's system originated from frustrated hackers who don't want to deal with kernel-level detection in another game.

It's something implemented since forever ago and they are just spinning it as the new hot thing. Spoiler: it doesn't work.
No, they are not. In the article you claim to have read 2 months ago they specifically point out other instances. The only people touting this as a hot new thing are the hacking community and those who are being social engineered by the hacking community.

Also, stop saying that the implementations don't work. That is a lie. They work. Hackers are detected and banned. Just because some slip through doesn't mean you give up. It means you investigate and further refine your system.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a false equivalence as I pointed out to someone earlier in the thread who made the same argument, but I'll play along anyway. If I had a 1-in-5 chance of being burglarized each night (rough estimate based on the number of PUBG bans for cheating compared to total player count) then yeah, I would probably tolerate any level of surveillance that would mitigate my chances. If installing those cameras lowered my odds to 1-in-50, that's a trade-off I am willing to make. If you'd rather take your chances with burglars 10x more than me, then so be it. You can choose not to install the cameras. They are optional, just like playing Valorant.

The "outrage" FUD over Riot's system originated from frustrated hackers who don't want to deal with kernel-level detection in another game.

You mean optional like the many other things one could do against burglars/cheaters before resorting to such extreme measures that may or may not work?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a massive security risk. Capcom pulled a similar attempt at anti-cheat with SFV and was met with similar backlash and ultimately removed it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean optional like the many other things one could do against burglars/cheaters before resorting to such extreme measures that may or may not work?
...that Riot can also do here, and will? Yes, just like those.

No excuses for cheaters. No safe spaces for cheaters. Put up every available barrier and actively invent new ones.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Also, stop saying that the implementations don't work. That is a lie. They work. Hackers are detected and banned. Just because some slip through doesn't mean you give up. It means you investigate and further refine your system.

Then stop saying that their implementation work. That is a lie.

See? it's this easy without proofs.

There's a video a couple of pages ago (one of many, sadly), you might wanna check that. Not that it's really needed if you know how a server works and how much a "fog of war" system can do to help.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I am aware of this but do you really think Riot would let something like that slip past or indeed why they would even want to? ESEA had a history of shady shit before that incident as well so they were never trustworthy in my opinion.

I again say that we knew this was happening months ago so why is everyone surprised / annoyed now?
You shouldn't have to trust them with ring 0 access. This is like UPS asking for the keys to your house.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then why not do those things first instead of doing the extreme last resort first that makes all their customers vulnerable against them?
Because they are going scorched Earth on cheating. That is one of the core philosophies that drove the development of the game.

Then stop saying that their implementation work. That is a lie.

See? it's this easy without proofs.

There's a video a couple of pages ago (one of many, sadly), you might wanna check that.
Proof has already been posted in the OT and elsewhere.

(CW: a teammate calls the cheater an ableist slur)

Cheaters are being banned. It's a falt-out lie to say that these systems don't work. Cut that shit out.

I'm not asking in bad faith and I'm honestly curious, did you personally have a really bad experience with cheaters in the past?
Yes, I play Destiny.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
I have a question about the security risks in regards to Vanguard which are mentioned here.
How can a hacker (or anyone with malicious intent) get access to this specific kernel driver and use its admin access to do something with my PC?
Is it through another malware in the end?
It seems this is getting ignored, and I am actually interested in what kind of security risks I could expose myself to and what is needed to get access to this and what could happen.

The only thing I see mentioned over and over is, that it has access to my PC. But there are more kernel drivers installed on my PC that have the same access and I guess they pose the same risk, or depending on the complexity even a greater risk.
What kind of privacy issues could result of someone having access to this kernel driver compared to someone having access only to the userspace?

For me it's balancing what additional risk do I expose myself to compared to the benefits by the Anti-Cheat measures.

Their anticheat will not work and you'll get a huge security problem.
I think it's clear no anti-cheat tool can detect 100% of the cheats. That's normal. It's just the question on how many cheaters it will stop.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Because they are going scorched Earth on cheating. That is one of the core philosophies that drove the development of the game.

(CW: a teammate calls the cheater an ableist slur)

Cheaters are being banned. It's a falt-out lie to say that these systems don't work. Cut that shit out.

Yes, I play Destiny.

I don't know if you are a troll or not.

You do realize that the video doesn't show that their anticheat is working better (or worse) than the rest, right?
Choosing to banning people on the spot or waiting for a banwave doesn't make an anticheat more or less effective.

Show me the stats that their anticheat is working then when can talk about PROOFS (we all wish to see that it's working, to be clear). Otherwise, it's just pr stunts to make people say "LOOK ITS' WORKING".

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It seems like many people are comparing to Vagrant to FaceIT and ESEA. They may be similar, but both of those services absolutely have cheaters. They may not be the cheaters that most people think of, going around 360 no scoping headshots and teleporting/speeding around. They are what is called 'legit' cheaters. Small changes to their aiming that gets them the headshot when they would have barely missed. A secondary laptop/screen that has a radar on it to show them where players are without an overlay component. They can stream all day long and it doesn't look like anything is out of the ordinary, just that they are good at the game.
Cheating in games can be analogous to getting an actual Virus/Trojan on a PC or Mac. Even today, I know of multiple people who think that a Mac cannot get a virus. That is just inherently not true. It is a numbers game to people who cheat/use virus'. The user base of a Mac is so much smaller, especially enterprise, why would someone with a nefarious goal take the time to make one for a Mac? They won't unless it is their specific target.
Anti-Cheats are the same. FaceIT, ESEA. etc are small pools of players who are generally already higher tiered skills. The likely hood of someone in that category wanting to cheat is already small. Then the even smaller number are players who want to cheat, and are willing to shell out the thousands of dollars it costs to get a cheat.

This is a good thing overall, but what is it worth? Is it worth the potential someone can have an easy vector into your PC? Only you can make that choice. Riot is banking on everyone saying "screw it, we want to play it regardless." You know what, they are right too. Sure there may be a few people who say I won't play because of this driver, but that number is going to be very small. Ring-0 doesn't work to combat cheats, but it does work to combat the not good one. As the example above, it is a numbers game. Riot is not naive enough to think that there will be 0 cheaters. In a game this popular, there will be cheaters. If you can make that cost of entry so high that only people who are committed to cheating do it, you're better off than almost every other mainstream AC and in turn made the player base that much happier.

Cheating in games will always be a problem. Making that barrier to entry so high that only a small few do it is the goal. Personally, I don't think this implementation is the way to go due to the security risks, but for now I will just be uninstalling the driver every single time I stop playing and reinstalling when I do. It is a compromise I am willing to make to have their be a noticeable decline of cheaters in Valorant. At its core, AI, streaming, etc. are going to be a huge downfall to cheaters. One day it will be so insanely hard to cheat in games, almost no one will do it as the profit just isn't there. Valorant is going to be popular. Popular means more cheaters. Especially being popular in China where cheating is the biggest problem.

It seems others want Riot to start banning players right on detection too. That doesn't work. You just give the developers of those cheats a way to see what got their specific cheat detected and fix it.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017

You do realize that doesn't show that their anticheat is working better (or worse) than the rest, right?
Choosing to banning people on the spot or waiting for a banwave doesn't make an anticheat effective or not.

Show me the stats that their anticheat is working then when can talk about PROOFS. Otherwise, it's just pr stunts.
If what you want is proof than it's simple, give them 6 months then compare the cheating database to other top competitive shooters on PC (Destiny, MW, Apex, Siege). I will guarantee you that it will outscore all of those titles and there still wouldn't be a exploit vector for Vanguard.

If you are worried about computer security then you shouldn't even use windows then, considering the litany of drivers & other solutions that have the same downsides.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It seems others want Riot to start banning players right on detection too. That doesn't work. You just give the developers of those cheats a way to see what got their specific cheat detected and fix it.

Seeing videos of that red screen with "HACKING DETECTED" in caps is just..... wrong, really.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rumour has it is that the "fog of war" is very similar to what Valve implemented into CSGO back in 2015, and so cheat devs can work around it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
molnizzle, I am not sure why you're gushing over Riot. Nobody's saying it doesn't work, the cheaters are eventually being banned, but cheaters also eventually get banned in games like Dota 2, which has its own anti-cheat systems (which work quite well, too). It's not been proven that this system is definitely better than what we have already in other games, and yet you're acting like it's 100% proven to be the best already and anybody questioning it is absolutely wrong.

You've got to chill a bit. The game's not even released yet. In a year's time, maybe this will be the new standard every game has. Or maybe it won't be because it's actually not that good. We won't know which it will be till the game's actually out and we've had time to see. This conversation is happening waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If what you want is proof than it's simple, give them 6 months then compare the cheating database to other top competitive shooters on PC (Destiny, MW, Apex, Siege). I will guarantee you that it will outscore all of those titles and there still wouldn't be a exploit vector for Vanguard.

If you are worried about computer security then you shouldn't even use windows then, considering the litany of drivers & other solutions that have the same downsides.

Oh, sure. We will see in months and compare data. But Not now.
Saying that it's working right now it's just shilling.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, I play Destiny.

I see, I play Destiny 2 too but I rarely play the PvP modes so I wouldn't know about any cheating, I was just curious why you have such a strong opinion about it and that clears it up :)

I want to clarify my stance a bit more. For me it's still, I agree cheating shouldn't happen at all but the cause does not justify the means for me. In my eyes unless you're aiming for a career in a game like for eSports and ranked pro-play gaming is a hobby for most and passion at best. At the same time many people also use their gaming-PCs or laptops for work and their private-life so handling a game anti-cheat full Ring 0 access is in my eyes a mess waiting to happen. I think nothing should be granted Ring 0 access unless it's a device driver for hardware that wouldn't function otherwise or of course the core of Windows itself.

As our lives get more and more online and more digitized with each passing day we should be careful with our data and whom we grant access to our machines. It's a big problem with smartphones and I honestly don't think that anti-cheat in a video-game merits this kind of invasive access. Of course nobody is forced to play Valorant and it's a luxury but at the same time we should find alternate solutions that don't impact people's digital lives as much or at the very least puts them in a greater risk. A cheater in a game of Valorant might ruin your match and have a impact on that and that only. Somebody abusing Vanguard might lead to leakage of private data, doxing or similar in the worst case.

Of course it's likely that nothing bad will ever happen with it but I'm just saying we should think about what we give access to us for what reason and if these reasons are really worth the trade-off.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You do realize that the video doesn't show that their anticheat is working better (or worse) than the rest, right?
Choosing to banning people on the spot or waiting for a banwave doesn't make an anticheat effective or not.

Show me the stats that their anticheat is working then when can talk about PROOFS. Otherwise, it's just pr stunts to make people say "LOOK ITS' WORKING".
I don't know if you're just another cheater or not.

No system is 100%. "Working" means players are being banned. Anti-cheat works. It detects and bans players. To say otherwise is a flat-out lie. The end.

As for how this particular implementation stacks up against others, there is obviously no data since the game is not even released and has been in closed beta for less than a week. It's possible we won't ever had hard data since going into great about the system can expose chinks in the armor that hackers will capitalize on.

What we do know is that giving the anti-cheat heightened privileges means it has a better chance of detecting sophisticated cheats that are executed with those same privileges. Common sense.

molnizzle, I am not sure why you're gushing over Riot. Nobody's saying it doesn't work, the cheaters are eventually being banned, but cheaters also eventually get banned in games like Dota 2, which has its own anti-cheat systems. It's not been proven that this system is definitely better than what we have already in other games, and yet you're acting like it's 100% proven to be the best already and anybody questioning it is absolutely wrong.

You've got to chill a bit. The game's not even released yet. In a year's time, maybe this will be the new standard every game has. Or maybe it won't be because it's actually not that good. We won't know till the game's actually out and we've had time to see. This conversation is happening waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early.
It is not my intention to gush, and no, I am absolutely not acting like it is 100% proven to be the best already. In fact in just about all of my posts I point out that no system is 100%. The best any dev can do is try to get their detection percentage as high as possible. It is unlikely we will ever know the hard numbers.

My main point is that there are cheats out there that run at kernel-level. A sophisticated cheat running at that level could be undetectable by anti-cheat with lower privileges. That's just the way it is.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Rumour has it is that the "fog of war" is very similar to what Valve implemented into CSGO back in 2015, and so cheat devs can work around it.

"similar" doesn't even begin to describe it..

That was a clip from the Project A announcement video. Riot promised games getting terminated on cheat detection.

And it's kinda of a problem if you want to give less info to cheat makers. Make the game void if you detect the cheat but don't publicized it. Mass ban in waves is way more effective in catching providers.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if you're just another cheater or not.

No system is 100%. "Working" means players are being banned. Anti-cheat works. It detects and bans players. To say otherwise is a flat-out lie. The end.

As for how this particular implementation stacks up against other, there is obviously no data since the game is not even released and has been in closed beta for less than a week. It's possible we won't ever had hard data since going into great about the system can expose chinks in the armor that hackers will capitalize on.

What we do know is that giving the anti-cheat heightened privileges means it has a better chance of detecting sophisticated cheats that are executed with those same privileges. Common sense.

It is not my intention to gush, and no, I am absolutely not acting like it is 100% proven to be the best already. In fact in just about all of my posts I point out that no system is 100%. The best any dev can do is try to get their detection percentage as high as possible. It is unlikely we will ever know the hard numbers.

My main point is that there are cheats out there that run at kernel-level. A sophisticated enough cheat running at that level could be undetectable by anti-cheat with lower privileges. That's just the way it is.

Are you 12?

So.. there is no data to prove that it's working right now but it's working THE END. And I'm a cheater. Well, ok then.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you 12?

So.. there is no data to prove that it's working right now but it's working THE END. And I'm a cheater. Well, ok then.

I'll try to dumb this down as much as possible since you seem to be having trouble.

"Working" = there are cheats detected
"Not working" = there are no cheats detected

Which one is Valorant?

GP2020

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I actually want Valve to upgrade VAC to work like this. I'm not good enough at CSGO to go into Faceit or other separate leagues with their advanced anti-cheats, but I still want there to be less cheaters to play with. Having a better anti-cheat on Steam could benefit other third party Steam games as well like PUBG where there's a high chance that one of the 100 players in a game is a cheater.

However, I do think that Riot should uninstall this automatically when Valorant is uninstalled and it's screwed up that they don't.
Valve is smart enough not to do this because it's a catastophe waiting to happen. All this to eliminate the occassional cheater? The ends do not justify the means.