• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
It seems interesting, but I hope you can include regional casts (like O'Gaming in France). I would like to have the main channel of O'Gaming, but be able to check some things myself at the same time.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems interesting, but I hope you can include regional casts (like O'Gaming in France). I would like to have the main channel of O'Gaming, but be able to check some things myself at the same time.

Does the O'Gaming stream show up on the watch.lolesports site when watching LEC? If it does it should be supported since this is being baked into that.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Hmm... you're probably right on this. Pro players have big potty mouths... Riot probably wouldn't let users hear them either šŸ˜‚

I'm not in the esports department, but while profanity on broadcast is pretty discouraged (and fine-able in some instances), it's not really cussing in game chat that's the concern (we & teams regularly share videos of behind-the-scenes of this in-game on stage chatter).

From my understanding, it's more a concern of strategies & playstyles leaking. If you know what another team is saying and how they focus their comms, it is a potentially HUGE advantage for your team. This is the biggest reason why we're pretty damn careful about what player audio gets shared.

I hope fans enjoy Pro View! As a support, I'm particularly interested to see how LCS/LEC pros use the minimap & decide to create good position/zones in the laning phase. Totally understand that it's not for every viewer, but the team has been working on this for a bit making sure the broadcast additions were worth, and it gives players another way to directly support teams.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Dota 2 absolutely doesn't get enough praise about the features in it: Every hero free, game free, play perspective, demo mode, scrolling to any point in a live game, replays, timelines, post match information, team communication features (pings, warning pings, auto translate messages, resending courier, alt clicking on health/mana/gold, etc.) All free.

Word. I keep calling Dota 2 the perhaps best continuously developed game for a good reason. The tech side of things alone is fantastic with e.g. better server networking, DDOS protection and whatever else they come up with.

I always roll my eyes when Valve's supposedly "not actually developing any games" when I'd dream of my other favorite games getting treated as well as Dota 2. And I guess, CS:GO is doing quite well, too, by now? But yeh, 'older' games that people are not interested in might as well not exist, I understand...