• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
I only watch Twitch through in client links or w.e., can someone tell me how to hope for a key drop? How do I find a steamer still giving away keys?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I just realized we posted a blog post detailing the progression system here:

Hopefully that answers alot of the questions around how to get cards/how fast, etc.

If you want to check out all the cards and art, or theorycraft some decks right now, Mobalytics is already using our API's so you can see pretty much everything here!

I really liked Artifact, but the lack of progression there killed it and you seem to be knocking it out of the park. Vault Day is kind of a brilliant community thing.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Yeah, unfortunately kills my interest a bit knowing that any progress I make will be reset.

I had the was in the Magic Arena closed beta and barely played until they announced the final wipe.
Oh man. This is a downer but eh, have a lot on backlog anyway.

At the very least got to test how the game works and it seems quite nice. Definitely will get back to it whenever I can start getting real progress in it!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wowza, OK I played a few more games and I'm really liking it. I think I may just put Gwent down because this has it all:

-the excellent back & forth pacing of Gwent
-an improved ramping resource system from HS
-a much more improved character development system from Artifact

and looks better than all of them (Gwent premiums still look amazing, though. interested to see what foils look like here.)

I really hope iOS version drops at launch and comes out soon. This is going to be something special.

Yeah, unfortunately kills my interest a bit knowing that any progress I make will be reset.

I had the was in the Magic Arena closed beta and barely played until they announced the final wipe.

Same here for a lot of these card games. Hard to play before wipe. They really want to make everyone start on the same page here at launch though, so a wipe here really makes sense.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is there a known release for this? I pre registered on mobile but there was no release date there

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
There's a single player mode? Obv the main attractive is online, but would be nice

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky and won a key from watching streams yesterday, and yeah, this game is the real deal. Really addicting and lots of depth.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got lucky earlier, fun game

xBiHbeY.png

I am this far in the vault - but think I will run out of time to get to Lvl 10 (which I think is Max)

PisibOz.jpg

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Got a key and played the tutorial.

Definitely a high quality product. Everything feels and sounds snappy. It is rare that I find nothing really to complain about right out of the gate in a digital card game. Maybe the spell card frames could show more artwork.

Gonna do the rest of the tutorials tomorrow and play some actual games. I still think it feels like a streamlined Artifact, which we all know is the greatest card game ever created, so I'm looking forward to playing this for a bit.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i mentioned before the best of gwent, hs & artifact that this game evolves on but now i see it also took the best of magic (the stack) and excelled at that too

this game GOOD

voOsh lmk when you get your key, i think our journey may be coming to a close

Got a key and played the tutorial.

Definitely a high quality product. Everything feels and sounds snappy. It is rare that I find nothing really to complain about right out of the gate in a digital card game. Maybe the spell card frames could show more artwork.

Gonna do the rest of the tutorials tomorrow and play some actual games. I still think it feels like a streamlined Artifact, which we all know is the greatest card game ever created, so I'm looking forward to playing this for a bit.

i really liked Artifact, but this has so much more agency that i think people resonate with

Got lucky and won a key from watching streams yesterday, and yeah, this game is the real deal. Really addicting and lots of depth.

i can't stop thinking about it

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
got the key after opening 8 streams in background in a few hours, strongly recommend everyone just do that to get a key

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
Damn. Got a key from Dog's stream yesterday. Just found out that the beta is only 5 days.

Will we have to wait for drops/keys for the next closed beta?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Damn. Got a key from Dog's stream yesterday. Just found out that the beta is only 5 days.

Will we have to wait for drops/keys for the next closed beta?

it sounds like now that you're in, you are good for:

this 5 day preview
11/14-11/20 preview
early 2020 closed beta

and then it will launch. there will be at least 1 collection wipe.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't figure out how to beat Ephemeral decks so I made one myself, and man it's dirty.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down. I was always interested in the characters in lol. Never played though. Most I've ever done with mobas was Dota 2 crystal maiden during its beta year.
Card games though...that's more my thing. Glad Jinx is in. Fun character.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, the unit that lowers the enemy's Nexus by half deals fatal damage if the enemy has 1 health . I assumed it wouldn't do anything lol.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
got to play for a bit.
seems kinda cool and complex but...at the same time i believe its gonna be sooooo broken. some card effects are crazy and if you cant deal with it in a turn or two its instant game over.
games are really fast and hardly reach max mana

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah and they better come up with some sick ass draft. because i aint playing constructed, fuck that environment of meta bullshit smorc

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
At a quick glance this looks like a much better take on "simple Magic" than Hearthstone. Combat is so much more in-depth. And this has instants.

Just not sure if I'd rather play simple Magic or... just Magic. Or Gwent.

BUY SINGLES FROM THE STORE WITH IN-GAME CURRENCY AND REAL MONEY, "Mulitcolor deckbuilding", choose blockers type conbat, small overflow mana between rounds, respond to player actions

Yeah this looks pretty solid I hate Magic-clone card games that lack "instants". I'll wait and see if you can really buy cards as singles and if the price is reasonable. I love physical card games but been avoiding digital card games because they've been loot box driven (with rare exceptions like Slay the Spire). There's still a high chance this one is too but at least it does look great for people that's ok with buying "packs" with an option to acquire singles

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah and they better come up with some sick ass draft. because i aint playing constructed, fuck that environment of meta bullshit smorc

This is what I'm waiting for. I was never big on draft styles, but Artifact made me completely fall in love with that style of play. To the point that constructed just feels like a completely different game.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I got in yesterday and played all the tutorials and ~8 games with the basic decks against other players. Pretty fun, I'll definitely keep playing it. Got blown out by the fiora/shen barrier deck a few times. The basic decks aren't really equipped to handle that at all lol. I didn't stand a chance. I'll either netdeck or mess around with some obvious synergic stuff today.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
At a quick glance this looks like a much better take on "simple Magic" than Hearthstone. Combat is so much more in-depth. And this has instants.

Just not sure if I'd rather play simple Magic or... just Magic. Or Gwent.

I love both Magic & Gwent and while time will truly tell, this seems to strike the balance between both games. It has the depth and response of MtG and the digital accessibility of Gwent.

I've only been playing a few games, but this really has it's hooks in me in a way Gwent doesn't. It abstracts the math away just enough with lore, ability effects, character voiced lines, etc.

It also feels considerably smoother than MtG:Arena in it's interrupts. You are still always looking to their hand and available mana, but it's very elegantly handled so you aren't fumbling around with interrupt stopmarks and the like.

Stryker

Oct 27, 2017
I just got in, not going to be able to play until tomorrow most likely. Had about 8 streams running for about 4 or 5 hours.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I have a limited number of invites to share, but I did give one out to a dedicated League ERA member. If he decides to share or stream, so be it ;)

So I got into the game and it owns. I do have some feedback tho if you could pass it on to the team!

* Completing the starter tutorial should inform you that there are more tutorials you can play for more help! Give a reward for doing al of them!

* When I earn Rewards they should auto claim! It disjoints the play experience to swap menus to get rewards to then see if I need to deck build before playing again.

* Attack animation speed should be sped up a bit imo.

* Characters in the combat zone should start the same size as they are in the summon zone. The wider sized cards looks weird and ruins the immersion a bit since they no longer look like cards.

* There should be an option to keep card history open forever on PC, on big res screens it doesn't overlap any UI elements.

Again, great game tho.

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
i am building a Fiora deck. 2 kills to level up. if you can get 2 more in, you win the game.

i haven't won yet, but i'm still tweaking it. when you get to 3 kills, you can feel people get super nervous.

01DE045.png

01DE045T1.png
Yeah I saw Toast play this deck day 1 paired with Shen.

Seems kinda cool. I played OTK Mage in HS when I first started but now I'm more of a Timmy. Ramp into big bois does it for me atm.

Mar 19, 2019
Between this and the Project L fighting game it's really nice to see League character in different game formats. I never cared much for MOBAs, so this is a nice change of pace.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Characters in the combat zone should start the same size as they are in the summon zone. The wider sized cards looks weird and ruins the immersion a bit since they no longer look like cards

On this I will have to disagree. I love the wider card art - it looks beautiful and gives the game a unique sense of identity

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
On this I will have to disagree. I love the wider card art - it looks beautiful and gives the game a unique sense of identity

It just feels really disjointed to me because it doesn't match how the cards look in your hand, in the summon zone, or in the combat zone once you have 6 characters out.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there are some draw shenanigans going on. Built a Teemo deck and had 42 mushrooms in his deck while he had 20 cards left. Yet repeatedly he would only draw 1 or 2 at most on his turn. This has happened in several games now, making me wonder if there if the draw is not actually rng.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
It just feels really disjointed to me because it doesn't match how the cards look in your hand, in the summon zone, or in the combat zone once you have 6 characters out.
It reminds me of how Hearthstone cards look like cards in your hand until you play them and then they turn into these oval shaped things.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I played through the prologue and it's not bad at all. I'm not gonna say it's the best because you just can't say that with a card game that is new. There are some decks that are kind of broken with one streamer going 47-2 with a ramp deck. It will take some time to see how stale metas get and then we can start seeing it's full potential.

With all that said it's pretty good with some very cool mechanics and the animation are really fun. It probably has the most potential I have seen in a new card game since Gwent. Gwent faltered badly imo so these games are tough to maintain. We'll see how this one pans out.