• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that an artstyle. What's the studio? Directly from Riot? VA seems pretty good.

I think that explosion looked like it was on 2s or slightly more stuttery than the rest of the scene? Wonder if the effects will be different framerate from the action Spiderverse style? Very impressed

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I'm of two opinions. One, this looks pretty cool and I'm saying this as someone who couldn't care less about League. Two, does anime just mean "non-comedic, teen/adult-oriented cartoon" now? Because Netflix branding Seis Manos as an anime despite it looking more like an R-rated Jackie Chan Adventures kinda grates on me and Seis Manos is the shit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that an artstyle. What's the studio? Directly from Riot? VA seems pretty good.

I think that explosion looked like it was on 2s or slightly more stuttery than the rest of the scene? Wonder if the effects will be different framerate from the action Spiderverse style? Very impressed

I believe Riot does their animations in house

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think it's the same one as KDA.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'll give them props. It looks very very good. I'm getting Spider-Verse vibes.

Now, where is it going to premiere?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't play the game, I'm pretty interested since I've been curious about the lore and characters. Looks gorgeous too.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Booooooooo! Should have been a show about kids saving the world by playing LoL in the grand advert-ime tradition.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not being a comedy doesn't make it an anime

also, I'm surprised it's full handpainted 3D. everyone throwing "anime" around prior to the announcement made me thing it was gonna be 2D

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
This is what RWBY would look like if it had like five times the budget.

Awesome style, can't wait to watch it.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
OP, why are you calling this anime? It doesn't even say that in the trailer.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

also, I'm surprised it's full handpainted 3D. everyone throwing "anime" around prior to the announcement made me thing it was gonna be 2D
3D with hand drawn mixed in is super common nowadays. If you hear Anime, safe to flip a coin what type it's gonna be.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(It's not an anime.)

OP, why are you calling this anime? It doesn't even say that in the trailer.

Ya'll are more focused on gatekeeping the word Anime than discussing the actual trailer.

I've requested the title be updated.

Edit: title updated

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
Look, I'll suckerpunch a motherfucker for not recognizing Avatar or the Boondocks as anime, but this right here is my line in the sand.
If we go by the actual definition anime just means animation. So anything can be anime. If we see it as a stylized thing then yeah I wouldn't really call this anime. But tons of things are inspired by Japanese anime's style like Avatar or the Boondocks like you said. There are plenty of non native anime created in that exact style which are called anime in Japan. It really doesn't matter. But for the sake of being consistent with what western fans have defined anime as this is not an anime in that sense.

On Topic: Looks interesting. I will give it a shot whenever it comes out.

Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does nothing I like ever reach this kind of saturation to the point it get a fkin anime and a bunch of off-shoot games šŸ˜”

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll are more focused on gatekeeping the word Anime than discussing the actual trailer.

It's not gatekeeping, anime is a cultural export that belongs to Japan. Just call it what Riot is calling it, an animated series.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'll call this anime if you're willing to call Family Guy an anime (cause in a literal sense, it is anime)

also, it's not gate keeping

3D with hand drawn mixed in is super common nowadays.
no, I mean handpainted textures, not 3D with 2D elements. or rather, letting the brushstrokes show rather than hand painting towards realistic looking materials. Star Wars The Clone Wars emphasized it's digital brush strokes as well

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Where are all the characters.

2 seconds of Jinx legs shouldn't be the best part of a trailer of an animated League series.

Bengraven