• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have an active job right now so I get 15,000 steps per day but once I get promoted into a more sedentary job this IP would be perfect for me to stay in shape

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see relatively few dislikes

22.069 likes
1.250 dislikes

In general the reception seems to be quite good.
Do we know which development team is working on this? The visuals and music are giving me big Miitopia vibes. If it is the Miitopia team I hope that doesn't mean we're not getting a new Mii game on Switch anytime soon, though...

But I'm definitely looking forward to this game! I've been wanting a good successor to Wii Fit U for years now. Fitness Boxing is...okay, though obviously lacking that Nintendo polish, but I don't really know or care about the game's music, which is its main hook.
It's from the Miitopia/1-2 Switch/Labo team.

I wonder if they'll release more "Ring Fit" games. Ring Fit Sports, Ring Fit Shooter...

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Who knows if it bombed or not, but it wasn't anything close to a success , only the first kit sold more than a million units compared to other similar projects by Nintendo it didn't do well at all.

Now you're just moving goalposts to explain your rhetoric. Plenty of Nintendo games don't sell over a million units.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
The joycons and their versatility is one of the smartest moves Nintendo ever made. Let's them get creative as hell in so many surprising ways. Still hope they release some alternative joycons though. I mean I guess the snes and nes ones count

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Who knows if it bombed or not, but it wasn't anything close to a success , only the first kit sold more than a million units compared to other similar projects by Nintendo it didn't do well at all.
The first kit sold one million unit which was what they forecasted for it. It didn't set the world on fire sure, but meeting sales expectations seems succesful enough lol.

Don't know if we ever got sales results for the later kits, I'll give you that.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Now you're just moving goalposts to explain your rhetoric. Plenty of Nintendo games don't sell over a million units.
That wasn't even my rethoric lmao, i just said Labo wasn't a success, of course many of Nintendo games have failed to sell over a million but how many of those got as much marketing push as Labo, and were those games even considered a success? i don't think so, i honestly don't know if Labo made its budget back, but as a Nintendo product it wasn't a success.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope new sites ask to Nintendo if they are planning use the pilates ring for other games. WarioWare is beggin use them goddammit.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Labo as a whole was probably profitable but I think it's hard to argue that at least the robot kit didn't bomb.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it'll be possible to buy the ring on its own and the game itself digitally.
I went fully digital part from BoTW and dont want to stop now.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
The first kit sold one million unit which was what they forecasted for it. It didn't set the world on fire sure, but meeting sales expectations seems succesful enough lol.

Don't know if we ever got sales results for the later kits, I'll give you that.
We didn't get results for other kits because they failed to sell a million unitss on the fiscal year at least we know that.

Nosgoroth

Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Welp, I preordered it. It seems fun enough and I could do with some motivation to exercise more. I don't have the space in the living room but eh, it's the Switch, I can use it in tabletop mode somewhere else.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
That wasn't even my rethoric lmao, i just said Labo wasn't a success, of course many of Nintendo games have failed to sell over a million but how many of those got as much marketing push as Labo, and were those games even considered a success? i don't think so, i honestly don't know if Labo made its budget back, but as a Nintendo product it wasn't a success.

Lol whoops. You're right. Another poster said it bombed.

But I think people overestimate how much they spent pushing Labo. Their marketing budget didn't shoot up during the Labo launch. And I think people confuse the rhetoric of forum goers with Nintendo's internal expectations.

Labo as a whole was probably profitable but I think it's hard to argue that at least the robot kit didn't bomb.

Oh most likely.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
It's even worse if you watch the video in anything but english. It's dubbed, it REALLY looks like a home shopping channel, it's insane lmao

Nintendo Europe NEVER dub Directs and presentations, it's always sub. It's sooooo weird !!

More casual audiences hate reading subs, thats why dubbing is better in those cases.
I need to see what voice actors they chose in the spanish one, hope they are professionals instead of smash anouncer levels of bad lol

Edit
The male voice is the voice actor of Brock from pokemon in Spain hahahah the female voice actoe is also famous. Good job nintendo. If only you could do the same with the smash announcer.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Because we all stan our new fitness queen

As someone who found that eminem song to dark and creepy as fuck, it is after all a song about suicide and homicide and killing your girlfriend/wife whatever - it's been a while since I've listened to it, doesn't it seem a bit insensitive to throw around the term so freely and positively?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who found that eminem song to dark and creepy as fuck, it is after all a song about suicide and homicide and killing your girlfriend/wife whatever - it's been a while since I've listened to it, doesn't it seem a bit insensitive to throw around the term so freely and positively?

What.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

you know it's like a generally accepted/prevalent term now that's become mostly disassociated from that song at this point, right?

atom519

Oct 28, 2017
1X77Ld0.png

They look like the classic horror couple that sacrifice their newborn baby to Satan.

Dude could pull off a sick Waluigi cosplay...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm not completely turned off by it...might even pick it up lol

RingFit Trainer to replace Wii Fit Trainer in Ultimate-Ultimate!

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
you know it's like a generally accepted/prevalent term now that's become mostly disassociated from that song at this point, right?

I've honestly never come across it much until the last few weeks... and when I googled the term, to see if it meant what I imagined, google said, yes it's from the Eminem song Stan, and took the meaning of the deliriously obsessed fan, and is used as an adjective to describe someone obsessed with something.

I just always found that song to be very disturbing. And it's ironic seeing the term that is derived from that song to be used in a normal manner when it was such a dark song.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I've honestly never come across it much until the last few weeks... and when I googled the term, to see if it meant what I imagined, google said, yes it's from the Eminem song Stan, and took the meaning of the deliriously obsessed fan, and is used as an adjective to describe someone obsessed with something.

It doesn't mean obsession so much now as it means loyally following someone/something.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Lol whoops. You're right. Another poster said it bombed.

But I think people overestimate how much they spent pushing Labo. Their marketing budget didn't shoot up during the Labo launch. And I think people confuse the rhetoric of forum goers with Nintendo's internal expectations.

Oh most likely.
Well it's not like we know internal Nintendo's expectations so what's the point? and we know the other 2 kits did way worse than #1 so it's hard to imagine they were satisfied by Labo in general, VR we don't know enough yet but it looks closer to the other 2 kits rather than the first.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Labo's big push was limited to that initial reveal video and some sporadic advertisements when it first launched- it certainly never got the marketing blitz that some here are prescribing to it.
Somebody tell Sakurai to put Ring Fit Trainer in smash at least as an alternate costume for the wii fit one. She looks much better than the souless WFT.
Echo Fighter would be a waste of this character- with the ingame moveset, there's more than enough scope for her to be a full fighter in her own right.

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's not like we know internal Nintendo's expectations so what's the point? and we know the other 2 kits did way worse than #1 so it's hard to imagine they were satisfied by Labo in general.
The real gray area about that is they don't report programs as sales, and they opened a lot of LABO programs for schools in Europe and the US. Not that it makes a difference really on sales numbers, but I'm getting the picture that after LABO didn't light the world on fire they just pivoted it as something else for mindshare.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I actually really really like this. I've been meaning to pull the Wii Fit U out of the closet but this looks like it will be more fun. I like that Nintendo continues to keep a focus on fitness and health, one of the few companies that legitimately uses it's medium to push for a better standard in a very sedentary medium. Tying the concept to a little RPG lite system is brilliant.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's not like we know internal Nintendo's expectations so what's the point? and we know the other 2 kits did way worse than #1 so it's hard to imagine they were satisfied by Labo in general, VR we don't know enough yet but it looks closer to the other 2 kits rather than the first.

The VR kit was the best selling VR game for the year so far. And you're basically saying we don't know so I must concede you're right....which makes no sense.

Labo's big push was limited to that initial reveal video and some sporadic advertisements when it first launched- it certainly never got the marketing blitz that some here are prescribing to it.

Echo Fighter would be a waste of this character- with the ingame moveset, there's more than enough scope for her to be a full fighter in her own right.

Also, this. Which was my main point.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Patrick Bateman presents RING FIT ADVENTURE _ It's got Huey Lewis as the soundtrack, it's not just music it's a sign of the times!

Status
Not open for further replies.