• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
It's an adventure game called Ring Fit Adventure

You move and attack through exercise

Mod Edit: Added press release

In the Ring Fit Adventure game for the Nintendo Switch system, players explore an expansive world, battling enemies along the way using real-life exercises to perform in-game attacks. The new Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories that are included with the game respond to the player's real-world movements, allowing the game to turn them into in-game actions.
A new type of adventure game is headed to the Nintendo Switch system on Oct. 18 – one that incorporates fun new accessories that turn real-world movement into in-game actions in a quest to save the world. Nintendo just revealed a new video that takes a closer look at this new experience for Nintendo Switch.

In the Ring Fit Adventure game, players explore an expansive world, battling enemies along the way using real-life exercises to perform in-game attacks. The new Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories that are included with the game respond to the player's real-world movements, allowing the game to turn them into in-game actions, like jogging in place to move your character through the world using the attached Leg Strap, or squeezing the Ring-Con and turning that strength exercise into powerful attacks. By playing the game daily, players can regularly work out various parts of their bodies. With additional mini-games and workout routines, Ring Fit Adventure is a fun experience for players of various skill levels and lifestyles.

"Nintendo is always looking for ways to surprise people with one-of-a-kind, fresh experiences," said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America's Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Ring Fit Adventure combines gaming and physical activity in a way that incentivizes people to keep coming back for more, to further both the story and their own fitness goals."

The Adventure mode featured in Ring Fit Adventure takes place across 20 different colorful worlds in a quest to take down Dragaux, a giant, chiseled dragon with an ego to match his oversized muscles. Jog, sprint and do knee-highs in real life to travel through the world, and use the Ring-Con accessory to perform different in-game actions, like jumping, hovering in mid-air or steering a raft on a river.

Ring Fit Adventure turns a typical adventure game on its head as players squat, press and flex their way through challenges designed for a wide range of body types and levels of fitness experience. To play the game, players attach the Joy-Con controllers from their Nintendo Switch system to the included accessories – one to the Ring-Con and one to the Leg Strap. The Leg Strap is attached to the player's upper left leg, while the Ring-Con is held in both hands. The Ring-Con is a flexible electronic device that provides resistance, and uses the Joy-Con to respond to the player's movements. Ring Fit Adventure can be adjusted to the player's level of skill, so even if players don't have experience with fitness, they can change the exercise intensity to suit their ability. This will let them continue every day at an activity level that's comfortable for them.

Throughout the adventure, enemies will appear, ready for battle. Players can attack and defend using more than 40 Fit Skills, which are exercise moves. The game provides direction to players about how to perform movements correctly in order to deal more damage to enemies. Actions that the player performs in-game will earn experience for their character, with level-ups boosting stats and unlocking new Fit Skills that can be used in battle. Adventure mode is designed as a natural way to keep players motivated to play and get exercise regularly as they progress through the game world and defeat enemies.

Outside of the main adventure, Quick Play mode is a great way to enjoy Ring Fit Adventure in shorter bursts, allowing players to jump in and out of play. This lets everyone enjoy a quick workout in different ways, like taking turns with friends and family attempting the same mini-games to compete for high scores. Mini-games cover a wide range of activities, from breaking boxes with gusts of air triggered by the Ring-Con to shaping pottery by performing squats.

Other modes like Simple and Set offer additional ways to work out. "Simple" lets players choose exercises they want to work on, and perform them individually. High scores are recorded so everyone can challenge their personal bests. "Set" provides linked sequences of different exercises designed around a theme or a particular body part. This mode is a great way to target a muscle group the player wants to focus on, like legs, shoulders, lower body or core.

The game even includes a "Silent" mode for people who live in an upstairs apartment or don't want to make a lot of noise. By activating this mode, jogging-style exercises are swapped out for ones that are a little quieter, allowing players to keep their legs active without a heavy impact on the floor.

Ring Fit Adventure, which includes the game and Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories, will launch for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 18 at a suggested retail price of $79.99*. To get an in-depth look at a video released today and learn more about Ring Fit Adventure, visit https://ringfitadventure.nintendo.com.

Remember that Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/.

*A Nintendo Switch system and a pair of Joy-Con controllers are required to play Ring Fit Adventure; sold separately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
BGZFalHl.png

rNyP760l.jpg

dguRi11l.png

jPffBCxl.png

UEv1ioyl.png

ky5SJNml.jpg

ihTPLKkl.jpg

mAskHKal.jpg

cCZeZkSl.jpg

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The tone of the video is so unusual for Nintendo, like you're watching a home shopping channel, haha.
Anyway, I'm interested about this, I had Wii Fit+ and U too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, Switch Fit, but in the dress of a turn-based JRPG with "autorun".

Not for me, but i'm sure there's people who will like this. ^^

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That seems pretty interesting. Someone update the title yeah.
Some pretty funny and ridiculous stuff shown in the video though.

Gfx reminds me of Pokemon SwSh for some reason.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not for me, but it is supercool it's an adventure game and not another minigameathon of workout.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
What a weird thing. My mind thinks I want it now, but I know I will be too lazy to go through the motions while playing it.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I already exercise regularly, but I'm still kinda intrigued. I've always been interested in an exercise routine with RPG-like progression. I'll be keeping my eye on this for sure.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
But does it really make it more attractive to the target audience of this? Why would someone want to level up and RPG mechanics in their fitness game?
Maybe due to people liking games and not really exercising much so maybe they want to combine it to get through the slog of exercise in a fun way

Fizz

Jul 15, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I mean, I'm ok with the actual gameplay/workout but I really dislike this name. Why not call it Switch Fit or even Switch Ring? or Ring Switch? Such a terrible name.

But I will pick this up because it looks like a decent way to gamify my workouts.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
But does it really make it more attractive to the target audience of this? Why would someone want to level up and RPG mechanics in their fitness game?
Exercise is boring on its own, and making it into a game motivates people (kids and families, in this case) to exercise without it feeling boring. Just how I use beatsaber for my exercise, for example.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I...want to buy this really bad? It looks pretty cool

These presenters are killer robots tho

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's like the jogging game from Wii Sports Resort but with a lot more different systems around it.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty cool to me! I played a lot of Wii Fit U or whatever the Wii U one was called, and I'd imagine the Joy-Con work a lot better than the Wii remote did. It was a fun gamified way to do simple home workouts and this appears to take the gamification even further.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What a bizarrely intense reveal video. Was cringing so hard at the tight framing and zooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.