• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I think someone did a test and you can't just "flick your wrist" in this game. You actually have to do some form of the movement.

Also, considering this a Pilates ring, an actual piece of exercise equipment outside of games.These are all real "full body" motions...
I'm not taking anything away from this. It looks good. I was just arguing that some day someone will make a full motion game that will win GotY awards. I think the tech is still too limited to reach those heights but not for long. Next gen looks to have wireless VR and new motion controllers. We might just see a VR full body game get GotY next gen.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Updated it with the MC/OC scores despite there not being that many scored reviews out yet. Most of the stuff I've read has been rather positive so far.

As it was the case with Wii Fit, the potential of Ring Fit Adventure probably won't be evident until a few weeks if not months after launch. Hoping to see some success stories.
Im gonna be likely pairing it with other home exercises and my regular dieting weekly so yall will hear from me in the OT

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Am sceptical about calorie counting by the game, it isn't a continuous heart rate measurement.

We need some reviewer to use a garmin or an apple watch to give us some numbers, and also some numbers from their regular workouts as a comparison point.

Hopefully we'll get metrics like that as people play the game during the week.
This is what I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
What's the difference between casual, modererate, intense and extreme? Just more reps needed?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone making an OT for this game? I've been looking for ways of expanding my daily exercise, and this seems like it could be fun motivation.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
+ 1 for Out-of-breath IN the wild

I'm counting down the minutes for my work day to end so I can go pick up my pre order from the store.

470 minutes to go!

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me Tipp has the same voice actor as wii fit trainer in smash lol. My fave character

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Really did not expect these high scores for a fit game. Although it looks like Nintendo's best attempt at a healthy game since Wii Fit. Really fun to blend in the exercises with the game world. Pre-ordered this after I saw the first trailer. Really curious to see what it's like this weekend!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Had a quick look at the twitch stream. I'm sure people will find ways to cheese it, but at face value it looks pretty hard work (in a good way).

Doing a few reps of different things would stop people getting bored.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
I was fucking parched yesterday after 30 minutes of it on the third out of four intensity levels. Had to take a shower after but I had no problems sleeping last night.

That's the time it took me to complete the first 3 stages, looking forward to continuing the adventure for sure.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
This game is fun so far. I only did the first two levels, since I didn't want to have to shower again tonight, but it felt like a decent workout. Hopefully it will keep me motivated.

I was a bit worried about the durability of the ring, but this thing is solid. Feels like a metal ring encased in rubber. Only problem so far is the strap keeps wanting to slide down to my knee. Took me a bit to finally get it to stay put on my fat thighs.

If anyone is worried about having to jog in place (maybe you have bad knees or have people living below you), there's a "Silent Mode" where you do squats instead of running.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good.... I've started doing exercise - cardio mainly - again after a time not doing any, and this looks like a good way to mix it up.
Shame it's so expensive, I'll wait till the holidays to see if it goes down in price (and to see if I maintain my exercise goals).

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I bought it and did the first level today. I've been suffering from lyme disease for the last year, so I've been laid up the last year in bed, not being able to walk. I recently regained the ability to walk after months and decided to grab this as exercise. Despite not being able to do the more intense stuff (the squats were almost impossible in my current state), this is a great game for me to play a level or 2 a day to regain my strength. Really awesome.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Didnt know about this but the 8-4 guys were taking about this and now I want to buy it. seems good.
It definitely gives you a work out! It's really surprised me. The boss battles hurt. And aside from the Joycon gyro losing calibration constantly, it's incredibly well designed with so many clever touches to make you work harder.

But I wish it wasn't so heavy on the adventure stuff, I just want to get the exercise, not watch a kids cartoon. Just too much Nintendo nonsense in it for my liking which often ruins the pacing when you just want to get exercise and stay in the zone, but on the flipside because it's set up with traditional game progression with level up and bosses etc, it does make you want to work hard to get to the next stages etc

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It definitely gives you a work out! It's really surprised me. The boss battles hurt. And aside from the Joycon gyro losing calibration constantly, it's incredibly well designed with so many clever touches to make you work harder.

But I wish it wasn't so heavy on the adventure stuff, I just want to get the exercise, not watch a kids cartoon. Just too much Nintendo nonsense in it for my liking which often ruins the pacing when you just want to get exercise and stay in the zone, but on the flipside because it's set up with traditional game progression with level up and bosses etc, it does make you want to work hard to get to the next stages etc
If you just wanted to do the workouts, can't you just set those up in a separate mode?

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I think you're missing my point. I like the concept of the adventure mode and the progression etc from stage to stage. It's just all the talking and cut scene nonsense that's annoying.

I think these cutscenes are very cleverly placed to give the player a short break, they're rarely more than 30 seconds long anyway.. (I'm in world 6).. if you find youself don't need that break then you probably want to set the difficulty higher..

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think these cutscenes are very cleverly placed to give the player a short break, they're rarely more than 30 seconds long anyway.. (I'm in world 6).. if you find youself don't need that break then you probably want to set the difficulty higher..
I'm not at far as you so if the pacing gets better then that's great news.

I definitely need a break, just not as long as some of the gaps. Btw I'm on Intense difficulty, not the highest.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I'm not at far as you so if the pacing gets better then that's great news.

I definitely need a break, just not as long as some of the gaps. Btw I'm on Intense difficulty, not the highest.

yeah..I do think the pacing get better..the opening chapters had some of the longest cut scenes..