• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really cool but I just signed up for Zwift (virtual cycling MMO) for my video game workouts. Maybe later if I want to mix it up (also I've been curious about that Switch boxing workout game too).

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
For it to have a score in the high 70s, it needs some scores in the 50-60s... I haven't noticed any reviews in that range yet? Maybe I need to look through the OP again.

I would also like to think a Yes/Recommended counts as a 100? It's essentially a 1/1 or 0/1 scale.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Look forward to playing this soon. Got a nice pre order price where I live. This seems more fun than Wii fit did to me. Good with the positive impressions so far.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately this game is meant as keeping you entertained while you work out if you have an issue doing so. I'm going to look at it as a work out that keeps me distracted and will give my thoughts as such

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sweet, this looked cool to me from announce and is turning out just about as well as I could expect. I'll try to pick it up soon! And some other healthy habits, too.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Am i too late for a possible OT title? The Legend of Ring Fit - Skyward Pulse ^^

The Mrs. wanted some way of a light workout, although she doesn't really need it ... maybe it's a stealth-notice to my lazy fatass. Oh well, might look into this around holidays. ^^

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
For it to have a score in the high 70s, it needs some scores in the 50-60s... I haven't noticed any reviews in that range yet? Maybe I need to look through the OP again.

I would also like to think a Yes/Recommended counts as a 100? It's essentially a 1/1 or 0/1 scale.

There are only two reviews on metacritic, a 78 and an 80. The post is really pre-mature.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
I really hate doing Cardio, but I do strength training already.
This is going to be so perfect to fill that Cardio void, and make it less of a drag.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
There are only two reviews on metacritic, a 78 and an 80. The post is really pre-mature.

Kinda BS the "recommended" ones don't count as 100s. I guess that better explains the scoring then because of all the reviews I've seen that don't use a 10 or 100 point scale are quite positive but I guess they won't count. Well that and like you say there only being 2 numbered reviews being counted so far.

Feel like they should use more of a rotten tomatoes type approach where it's Buy/Don't Buy ratio, rather than a numeric average.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the GameXplain video and it looks pretty neat. Kinda interested in this.

And Andre about not losing weight: calories in, calories out my dude ;-)

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
in my country games are expensive and I just tend to buy those who are really good. and ONE of the metric I use to analyse if a game iss good enough for me to spend 350,00 reais (almost 90,00 dollars) is meta and open critic.
I understand the pricing, but if you want to be more purchase conscious, your better bet would be to watch videos and gameplay impressions rather than just going off of the aggregate score. Not every game is going to be a 90+ AAA blockbuster. Many niche games score lower simply because of that.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
in my country games are expensive and I just tend to buy those who are really good. and ONE of the metrics I use to analyze if a game is good enough for me to spend 350,00 reais (almost 90,00 dollars) is meta and open critic.

A number doesn't paint the full picture. The content of a review is what's important.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I understand the pricing, but if you want to be more purchase conscious, your better bet would be to watch videos and gameplay impressions rather than just going off of the aggregate score. Not every game is going to be a 90+ AAA blockbuster. Many niche games score lower simply because of that.
did you see the part where I said "ONE of the metrics"?
of course this is not the only thing I take into consideration, but it's an important one (so important that people open threads to talk about it)

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
did you see the part where I said "ONE of the metrics"?
of course this is not the only thing I take into consideration, but it's an important one (so important that people open threads to talk about it)
Fair enough. It's gotten to the point where I don't even look at review scores anymore, though, and I tend to be more purchase conscious these days. A low score can artificially affect my opinion for a game I might actually enjoy quite a bit.

Even then, high 70's for a fitness game is actually pretty damn good.