• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm pretty sure I hate Core Crushing more than any other mini game in RFA, even more than Dreadmill. It seems impossible to get an S rank in it.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm really enjoying this. I've played every day so far (just hit day 11), sometimes more than once. I'm not sure I'm playing for long enough though. I usually finish with 15-20 minutes of active time. Is that enough to make a real difference to my fitness?

Just now I was running through world 5, and I passed a couple of XP coins I couldn't vacuum up. Is that a failure on my part? Is the vacuum stronger if I pull harder? Was my aim off? Is there an increased range that unlocks later? I hate missing stuff!
After the Leg Gym, there's a level and a treasure chest. I unlocked them after getting a B at the gym. There's also a warp portal that I still can't access. Do I need a better result at the gym?

I kinda hate that Leg Gym. I got a C on my first attempt, because I'd never done Mountain Climbers before and it took a while to get it right. The next time I managed a B, but my squats were all around 80 points. Maybe I need to go lower, but I can't get much lower.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm really enjoying this. I've played every day so far (just hit day 11), sometimes more than once. I'm not sure I'm playing for long enough though. I usually finish with 15-20 minutes of active time. Is that enough to make a real difference to my fitness?

Just now I was running through world 5, and I passed a couple of XP coins I couldn't vacuum up. Is that a failure on my part? Is the vacuum stronger if I pull harder? Was my aim off? Is there an increased range that unlocks later? I hate missing stuff!
After the Leg Gym, there's a level and a treasure chest. I unlocked them after getting a B at the gym. There's also a warp portal that I still can't access. Do I need a better result at the gym?

I kinda hate that Leg Gym. I got a C on my first attempt, because I'd never done Mountain Climbers before and it took a while to get it right. The next time I managed a B, but my squats were all around 80 points. Maybe I need to go lower, but I can't get much lower.

I believe if you pull harder the vacuum is stronger, don't know if it gets a stronger upgrade or not.

Just keep progressing through the level. This is actually the first level that is more than one screen.

Jul 22, 2020
Got this recently and I'm impressed with it. I never had a Wii or a Wii U so this is my first time with a Nintendo fitness game (or any fitness game, period), but it is a very polished product that I imagine has benefited from years of iterative refinement. The motion controls are fantastic -- I have had zero problems with them.

Both my partner and I play this game and enjoy it. We were fitness enthusiasts beforehand, but with the pandemic our preferred forms of exercise are not viable. We weren't sure exactly how to incorporate this game into our routine at first, but now that we've had some time with the game and are confident that it provides a "real" workout, we now play it twice a week as an alternative to our standard indoor cardio circuit. (For reference, our weekly rotation also includes 2x yoga and 2x strength training).

In addition to being a "real" workout, it is also a pretty fun game. Obviously, as an "RPG," it is simplistic, but that seems to be missing the point. The minigames are probably the most fun and video-game-y part.

Anyway, I look forward to playing this game over the next few months and learning some new moves, poses, and stretches from the game. I'm glad people seem to be enjoying this title.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

It depends on your base level of fitness. Are you out of shape and feel wiped out after 15-20 minutes? Then that's a good length of time for you. I've been running 3-4 times a week and lifting for as long as I can remember, so I have to go 45-60 minutes to get a respectable workout.

You're reaping benefits as long as you're exerting good effort and using your entire body. Maybe try challenging yourself to a 30 minute session to see how you feel.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

For squats it might be your difficulty level, I think you have to go lower the higher your level is

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Progressed further though world 5 and unlocked
the parachute challenge! But the perspective messed with my head and I felt like I was gliding forwards instead of falling downwards, which meant I kept trying to use airplane controls (tilt back to go up). I also unlocked the balance bar challenge.

All these mini games, plus the art style, reminds me of Super Monkey Ball. I bet the Ring-Con would be a cool Monkey Ball controller.

Just keep progressing through the level. This is actually the first level that is more than one screen.
I had to play more to find out. So it's a shortcut back to the start of the world! Very useful but kind of a letdown.

It depends on your base level of fitness. Are you out of shape and feel wiped out after 15-20 minutes? Then that's a good length of time for you. I've been running 3-4 times a week and lifting for as long as I can remember, so I have to go 45-60 minutes to get a respectable workout.

You're reaping benefits as long as you're exerting good effort and using your entire body. Maybe try challenging yourself to a 30 minute session to see how you feel.
I'm very out of shape and certain exercises destroy me. But I made it over 30 minutes today, by avoiding planks and mountain climbers. All my challenges were Bs today though. :(

For squats it might be your difficulty level, I think you have to go lower the higher your level is
Maybe yeah. I'm on level 12 which I think is fairly low difficulty? I feel old though. My hips crunch during that very first warmup stretch.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
If you want Fiery Squats, legs have to essentially be parallel to the ground. I find I have to bend my upper body quit a bit forward so as to not tip backwards or have my knees go beyond my toes.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm very out of shape and certain exercises destroy me. But I made it over 30 minutes today, by avoiding planks and mountain climbers. All my challenges were Bs today though. :(

Don't worry about mountain climbers, everyone hates those lol.

Do worry about getting B's, though. You want to get S's every time, which means you're using proper form. Take it from someone who has developed various injuries (Achilles, shoulder, lower back) due to poor running or lifting form. Aim for 100% grades with every rep, even if it means you have to lower the difficulty level. Form, form, form.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Don't worry about mountain climbers, everyone hates those lol.

Do worry about getting B's, though. You want to get S's every time, which means you're using proper form. Take it from someone who has developed various injuries (Achilles, shoulder, lower back) due to poor running or lifting form. Aim for 100% grades with every rep, even if it means you have to lower the difficulty level. Form, form, form.
I just did the mission to get 90 on the Leg Gym. I got 89. Pretty sure that was squats, which sometimes go as low as 60, and never over 80. "Move energetically" (knee lifts?") and errr, thigh squashes (I forget these names) were always 100. Mountain climbers might be good, but I find it hard to check the screen from that position.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
What challenges are we talking about? The only thing I see being ranked is the gyms, and that's as much timing as form

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Hoping my order with gamestop goes through. This thing is sold out everywhere. If this thing helps me lose 10lbs would be amazing. I'm 170lbs now.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, I don't know if my brain can handle more complex rpg mechanics. Halfway through a session my brain is not really at full functional capacity...

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
How long is story mode? Half reason why I ordered it is because its an actually game not just workout videos to workout to.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
I think the main story is 20 worlds, and then there are extra worlds that continue to get added once you've completed the main plot. You also get a skill tree to work on (around level 40 I think).

Cool. Can't wait to try this. Not the most fit person. But hope I can lose a few more pounds. If people want to buy this online. Gamestop.com has them? They list twice on their website. The top one is the main page. Says sold out. If you choose the 2nd one it lists it in stock with no information just a picture. It says preparing to ship for me.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Things like Bank Balance and Aerochute. I agree those ones are more about timing.

I was S ranking everything in world 1-4, but it's all gone to shit.

Well, I think all of them have a timed element, it's not just form. Like Robo smasher, the little kart one, and then you also have to collect coins in some that determine your. So maybe I'm not really understand what you and the other poster are referencing, because your form can be perfect through that but if you don't get enough coins or what have you, you still wouldn't get a S rank.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
Does anyone know the spots in worlds prior to World 9 where you can double jump? I recall seeing a few but I don't want to go through all the levels to find them.

Also, tips for new people: You can set workouts to complete even if a monster is defeated, or you can set only workouts that alternate sides to complete. I set mine to the "alternate sides" because doing the monster arena sidequests can get a bit exhausting if you have the other option on.

What is everyone's current progress? I've been playing for 30+ days, I'm at level 74, World 9, and I have my difficulty level set to 29/30.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Well, I think all of them have a timed element, it's not just form. Like Robo smasher, the little kart one, and then you also have to collect coins in some that determine your. So maybe I'm not really understand what you and the other poster are referencing, because your form can be perfect through that but if you don't get enough coins or what have you, you still wouldn't get a S rank.
For form I was only really talking about the leg gym in world 5, that I suck at, because my squats aren't scoring highly. I also failed to get S ranks in some of the mini games but I know I can improve on those.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
For form I was only really talking about the leg gym in world 5, that I suck at, because my squats aren't scoring highly. I also failed to get S ranks in some of the mini games but I know I can improve on those.

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now. I did fine in those except those mountain climber moves or whatever.

RiggyRob

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I just did the mission to get 90 on the Leg Gym. I got 89. Pretty sure that was squats, which sometimes go as low as 60, and never over 80. "Move energetically" (knee lifts?") and errr, thigh squashes (I forget these names) were always 100. Mountain climbers might be good, but I find it hard to check the screen from that position.

I just did this mission today as well - I can get perfect 100s on the Thigh Press, Knee Lift and Squats, but Mountain Climbers SUCK

I feel like the game has trouble recognising the movement of the leg strap without the Ring-Con, and of course you can't see the screen to tell how you're supposed to follow the diagram. I've found that I usually get 100 when moving my right leg back but not when moving my left leg back, based on the sound effects at least.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
I think the mountain climbers and knee lifts are more focused on rhythm than the actual action, but I've definitely had the toughest time with all the leg workouts because I don't think they register as well as the arm workouts.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can do everything fine but mountain climber. One time I was getting a drink of water and a yoga set started with the ringcon not in the right position and I got 1's as a result. I didn't realize they could get that low:lol

Squats should be easy if you have the flaming legs and don't go up too soon, you will get 100's every time. Try adjusting where the leg strap is maybe.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
This game just whooped my ass on difficulty 12. lol. Apparently there is 30 levels of difficulty. Just shows you how out of shape I am. The game said I burned 100 calories and my heart rate was 162BPM.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
As I'm getting more and more addicted to this game, there is one thing that nags the bejesus out of me. When running the courses, does anyone have any tricks for getting the jumps to be recognized with more accuracy? I feel like it's a crapshoot getting the game to jump when I want it to jump. I've tried recentering before a jump comes but if I have to run into a jump, might as well flip a coin weighted towards "not gonna do it" when it comes to jumping. The only way I can consistently get the jumps to work is to slow to a standstill, point the ring down, wait for my character to point her ring down, and then squeeze for the jump. Otherwise, I love the game.

Yeah, I'm a week into playing the game and having a blast, but this is one of the few complaints I have so far. The other one being that the IR pulse measurement is even worse; I just tried to measure and it failed 4x in a row.

I was having issues getting the sprinting to register, but a recalibration of the leg strap fixed it.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm a week into playing the game and having a blast, but this is one of the few complaints I have so far. The other one being that the IR pulse measurement is even worse; I just tried to measure and it failed 4x in a row.

I was having issues getting the sprinting to register, but a recalibration of the leg strap fixed it.

IR pulse rate check is terrible for sure.

But the jumping has actually been perfect for me. Any chance this has to do with the joycon drift? Are you controllers alright otherwise?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
IR pulse rate check is terrible for sure.

But the jumping has actually been perfect for me. Any chance this has to do with the joycon drift? Are you controllers alright otherwise?

These joy-cons don't have any drift. It's weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes jumping works perfectly, other times it just won't and I'll have to stop moving to do it. Might be something to do with the ring calibration and needing to point downward, dunno.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
As I'm getting more and more addicted to this game, there is one thing that nags the bejesus out of me. When running the courses, does anyone have any tricks for getting the jumps to be recognized with more accuracy? I feel like it's a crapshoot getting the game to jump when I want it to jump. I've tried recentering before a jump comes but if I have to run into a jump, might as well flip a coin weighted towards "not gonna do it" when it comes to jumping. The only way I can consistently get the jumps to work is to slow to a standstill, point the ring down, wait for my character to point her ring down, and then squeeze for the jump. Otherwise, I love the game.
These joy-cons don't have any drift. It's weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes jumping works perfectly, other times it just won't and I'll have to stop moving to do it. Might be something to do with the ring calibration and needing to point downward, dunno.

Just checking, when you go to do jumps you're holding the ring horizontally, right? If the ring is flipped upside down so the joycon is closer to the floor than your hips, it won't work.

The game is a bit finicky with recognizing certain movements though, especially on the leg strap.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Just checking, when you go to do jumps you're holding the ring horizontally, right? If the ring is flipped upside down so the joycon is closer to the floor than your hips, it won't work.

The game is a bit finicky with recognizing certain movements though, especially on the leg strap.
Yes. Horizontal. Although I have tried to undercompensate and overcompensate in an attempt to get the jump to be detected. It works slightly better when the joycon is slightly below horizontal.

My leg strap seems ok as long as overcompensate with extra high knees.

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
Yes. Horizontal. Although I have tried to undercompensate and overcompensate in an attempt to get the jump to be detected. It works slightly better when the joycon is slightly below horizontal.

My leg strap seems ok as long as overcompensate with extra high knees.

That's really weird. I do wish this game had a few more calibration options. I also have to do extra high knees because the game doesn't seem to recognize them. I think it might be a bit based on rhythm, but it's frustrating when I slow to a crawl going up stairs, especially on the level where I have to chase runaway treasure chests up those stairs.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
That's really weird. I do wish this game had a few more calibration options. I also have to do extra high knees because the game doesn't seem to recognize them. I think it might be a bit based on rhythm, but it's frustrating when I slow to a crawl going up stairs, especially on the level where I have to chase runaway treasure chests up those stairs.
You mean it's possible to sprint up stairs!? I just thought slow high knees was status quo?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I've had problems with exercises not responding properly (especially leg exercises) but nothing this bad before. The game straight up will not let me squat. My ass is practically touching the floor and the game is like "nah bro, you ain't squatting, you're just standing there and slightly bending your knees". I've put my leg strap higher and lower and it changes absolutely nothing. I try sitting down to "squat" and still nothing. BUT wide squats work perfectly fine. Only regular squats are giving me this problem.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I've had problems with exercises not responding properly (especially leg exercises) but nothing this bad before. The game straight up will not let me squat. My ass is practically touching the floor and the game is like "nah bro, you ain't squatting, you're just standing there and slightly bending your knees". I've put my leg strap higher and lower and it changes absolutely nothing. I try sitting down to "squat" and still nothing. BUT wide squats work perfectly fine. Only regular squats are giving me this problem.

Is your form correct? You need to make sure you don't bring your knees forward -- stick your butt out as much as possible behind you. If you incorrectly bend at your ankles and move your knees forward, the leg strap may not be moving from vertical to horizontal as the game expects. Doing that also puts undue stress on your Achilles. Just focus on staying as motionless as possible below the knees.

Also, if you're fiddling with the leg strap mid-exercise, press + to re-calibrate.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
How often do you guys play the game? I want to make it part of my daily routine but on top of work and other exercise it starts eating into my other gaming time lmao. Maybe 2-3 times a week is more realistic (weekends are definitely better).

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Question for people who best the single player I just finished the final world of story mode(world 23). Now I see the post game stuff that unlocks and the side missions you couldn't do until after you beat the game.

The world 23 Drageaux battle has a red exclamation point on it like it's the next objective. Does it always stay like that. Or is the exclamation mark there for a reason?

nkarafo

Dec 18, 2019
Hey, please use spoilers. Not a game that relies on story etc but some people would like to finish for themselves and experience the ending. Thank you.

By the way, it has sold almost 4 million units !!! Wow !
nintendoeverything.com

Nintendo million sellers - August 2020 - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Clubhouse Games over 1 million each

Aside from the traditional sales data and information stemming from Nintendo’s financial results, we also have a look at the latest million sellers. The full lineup for Switch as well as 3DS is as follows: Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 26.74 million Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 22.40 million...

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I finally managed to track down a copy after trying since march
I'm currently trying to use it twice a day when I'm working from home for 10-15 minutes a session as I try and undo 4 months of sloth lifestyle.
I haven't been sold on the adventure part yet and seem to have spent more time experimenting with custom playlists so far though

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I received my copy yesterday and got through the first two sections. I am definitely liking the presentation style more than how Wii Fit's was.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
I may be wrong but I think once you start this objective it will introduce you to
the new-game+ worlds

I'm working on that right now.

However, the last level on world 23 has both a "this is your next mission" exclamation point, and a "You've completed this stage" checkmark.

I don't have any more side missions left, so it's not due to that. I got the "World complete" thing on the world map for 23.

Just curious if it always looks like that, or if I'm supposed to beat it a second time(after completing all side quest or something).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How much would I be messing up if I used the silent mode? I wanna use it but if it's much less effective than default I'll keep using default

Fwiw my goal isn't to lose weight, I just wanna do cardio and put on muscle as wel