• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
Does Tipp's fitness improve along with yours as you play this game? I noticed after my dynamic stretches today that he was all energetic and ready to go. Previously I only remember him being hunched over and panting.

PeteyCoco

May 2, 2018
Good god I did all of world 6 today (I'm off so I had plenty of time) and that mega ab guard on the second to last level almost had me passing out. I'm pretty sure I lost my hearing for a few seconds after it, and the whole room was spinning. I snapped back to my senses after like 10 seconds but that was kinda scary for a minute.

Has anything like that happened to anyone after a huge squat or crazy exercise or something?

Sometimes you can get dizzy when you over exert yourself and you'll just hear the blood flowing in your head. When this happens for me this signals that I should stop, otherwise something bad could happen. Don't overdo it and see a doctor if it concerns you.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked before, but are you able to turn off the ring's voice?
You can turn down voices in the "My menu" (left face button on the Ring-Con).
Mine never came on in the first place :|
Is your console sound set to "Surround" ? I had the same issue, this is one of a few games that uses 5.1 but my TV does not decode it the right way, thus I did not have voices for the first two worlds.

I put it back to "Stereo" and now I have voices, my sound decoder even maps it to Dolby Digital, so voices still go on the center channel.

It's way better with the voice, mostly during stretching or when you can't see the screen, as almost everything is indeed voiced, you don't have to read how to do postures.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I'm like 7 or 8 days in and just absolutely loveeee this game. I was literally cracking up while doing one of the levels for some reason. After every session I just feel really happy which souds weird but is true. I've mostly done DVD's to exercise and after those I feel accomplished but not happy. I'm usually cursing at the instructor part way through. The traversal stuff is my favorite so far and the variety is amazing.

Yes, I'm amazed how well designed and fun the game is. All the attention to details... For example, you can rush/sprint through the levels or you can move slowly and collect eeeevery little hidden coin (there are a lot of hidden single coins). The former player approach trains the legs, the other approach trains the arms.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes you can get dizzy when you over exert yourself and you'll just hear the blood flowing in your head. When this happens for me this signals that I should stop, otherwise something bad could happen. Don't overdo it and see a doctor if it concerns you.

I get light headed and dizzy every now and then after squats, I think part of it is of course the strain of the exercise but part of it is also that I'm pretty tall and when I raise my body up I get a bit of a headrush. I've never before had that happen with hearing loss though. I think the mega ab guard just had me pushing myself really hard while squatting really wide, so that when I lifted myself up (probably way too quickly) it just combined the headrush with the strain of the exercise.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have been having a blast with this game! On world 3 and replaying some levels for EXP to take on Drago. Having fun earning extra points when the switch is off, using the Ring solo feature. Try to save them up and give all points to the wife :)

Seems like we could really get into this. Hoping the adventure is sufficiently long to keep us moving for a few months!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone who has has this:

Does it expect you to use it daily like some other exercise games, or can you just do it whenever you want? I'm interested in just doing it when I feel like it in between the rest of my regime, and I don't want to to nag or penalise me for doing it intermittently.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Calorie counting is not an exact science anyways.
A few years back I used to go to a posh/high tech gym and the first thing my trainer said was "Don't mind the calorie counter on the cardio machines, they just give you an estimate based on your heart rate".
He also told me that sore muscles burn calories slowly over the next few days. So many of the machines you see in gyms will just give you the estimated sum of both calorie counts.

My best guess is that RFA shows you a super conservative estimate of the calories you have burned during the session.
a) that keeps you going
b) that prevents you from thinking "oh I burned 500 cals today, let's get some McDonalds"

Indeed, its better just to not blindly follow in-game calorie counter at all and just use it as an estimate. There are many other factors such as weight and how well you are used to every move (and how many reps/sets you are able to do). Also this is why I never use calorie counting anyway. Just excercising until I sweat and feel really sore/out of breath is a good indicator when it is time to rest.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Does it expect you to use it daily like some other exercise games, or can you just do it whenever you want? I'm interested in just doing it when I feel like it in between the rest of my regime, and I don't want to to nag or penalise me for doing it intermittently.
There are ingame achievements for like playing 10 days in a row. But that has zero impact on the game. Other than that the game actually reminds you to take breaks or stop the training if you run out of energy. It even encourages you to not play at all if you don't feel well. The game asks you sometimes on startup how your sleep was, how you feel, if anything is sore and might recommend you to skip training.

It's basically cheering on you if you exercise but also encourages you to take your time and don't overdo it.

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing at level 30 from the start and I'm starting to wonder if that's a bad idea, since I can only go for about 15 minutes of active time, usually. Isn't a sustained 30-60 minutes of activity supposed to be best cardio-wise? Maybe I'll drop down a bit until I can hit that reliably.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
There are ingame achievements for like playing 10 days in a row. But that has zero impact on the game. Other than that the game actually reminds you to take breaks or stop the training if you run out of energy. It even encourages you to not play at all if you don't feel well. The game asks you sometimes on startup how your sleep was, how you feel, if anything is sore and might recommend you to skip training.

It's basically cheering on you if you exercise but also encourages you to take your time and don't overdo it.
Awesome! Sounds like it might work for me then. Thanks a lot.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

sounds like the perfect exercise coach tbh

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like we could really get into this. Hoping the adventure is sufficiently long to keep us moving for a few months!

Since we finally now know the extent of what's in the game, it is long enough to keep you busy for a looong time!

Regarding the comments you get from the game, the comments seem extremely balanced and seem to work great regardless of how you choose to play the game. In our family, we play it very differently, and everything feels right regardless of how we play. In some ways, this game feels the very opposite to the bad and static game design of Wii Fit U.

Last edited:

Aug 1, 2018
There's one minigame that's just absolute bullshit. It's so freaking frustrating! Haha

jpg

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
How do I check how to get 100 percent in a world? I am at 90% in world 3 and don't know what I'm missing. There are no more quest icons.

VKO-GFX

Dec 19, 2017
I finally got a copy of this game only to injure myself before getting a chance to play it. Hopefully I recover fast so I can test this out.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
My aching body right now is endorsement that if you don't give this game due respect it will fuck you up.

It is hella legit

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Can someone advise me on the leg pushes? My back seems to be doing too much work rather than my abs. I'm resting on my hands but finding it difficult to focus the work on my stomach. Anyone with similar issue?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone advise me on the leg pushes? My back seems to be doing too much work rather than my abs. I'm resting on my hands but finding it difficult to focus the work on my stomach. Anyone with similar issue?
I had a bit of the same issue, it did not seem to work that much with my abs, I unlocked another similar one later that make you rest on your elbows and raising legs, it's way much harder on the abs.
So I guess you can try to rest on your elbows instead of your hands, thus your body will be lower and it should work harder on your abs.
That's what I would try if I still used that one.

Also, you can try by keeping your legs straighter by not bending your knee too much (like having lower legs horizontal), that would shift weight more on your legs instead of recenter it on your body, thus abs should work a bit more.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've only seen the Giant Bomb quick look so don't know too much about it but am curious about playing this with a disability. Do they let you tailor the workouts to focus on just upper body stuff if you can't do the leg exercises, or are even wheelchair bound? What about If you don't have much mobility in your shoulder or something, can you choose to ignore the behind the back stuff, for instance?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just have the second to last and last level of world 6 to go. Aaaaaaaggghghh wide squats

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. Just got this game on Friday and ive done 4 days in a row, and as soon as I've gotten out of bed, which is rare for me. I've struggled with my weight for a couple years now so hopefully I can keep it up.

I started by doing one world a day, but world 3 I had to split into 2

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Hey guys. Just got this game on Friday and ive done 4 days in a row, and as soon as I've gotten out of bed, which is rare for me. I've struggled with my weight for a couple years now so hopefully I can keep it up.

Try to work on your diet too!

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
picked it up today. barely got through world 1 and 1 stage for world 2. I am beyond sore. I feel somewhat fulfilled though. I think I will do this as a morning work out before i get the day started daily.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

The worlds get gradually longer and longer. I feel I only do fractions of a world each day now. The good thing with the game is that I don't feel that I don't evolve in the game even though I only progress a few stages. The XP and money increases fast.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sore as hell. 3 of 4 days played. But it's a blast. And nice to have. Winter alternative for exercise. And a regular new thing for exercise in general

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Bought this on a whim a moment ago. Hopefully it helps me over time with my total lack of energy at the end of the workday. Kind of tired of just being dead tired after work and only having enough energy remaining to shower and eat before falling into bed for the evening.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm in world 3 now (I really need to play this more for my own health). I'm glad I'm getting some alternatives because there are some exercises I feel like the game never reads right like squatting. Maybe it's because I'm fat with shit knees but no matter how low I go the game seems to spaz out.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought this. Definitely feel like the leg strap exercises have trouble reading correctly. The leg strap itself also doesnt stay on the thigh very well, keeps slipping. Any tips?

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
If you have joy con drift problems does it affect the game play at all? I don't use my joy cons at all so I've been not motivated to send them in for repair.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Argh, I haven't played in like three weeks! First week I was legit sick so so took five days off, then forgot about it since then. Dragaux won.