• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
It's especially true when you're doing something that requires you to lay down your Ring-con, like one of the first Yellow actions you get.

Also, for anyone who knows, is difficulty just related to the number of reps you do? No other difference?
So far as far as I can say it's just the reps.

Also it would be nice if the game was smart enough to alternate between starting sides for attacks that require you to switch. Like if I finish off an enemy with Warrior Pose before having to switch to my left side, the next time I use it, it should start on my left.
This is literally my only gripe with the game thus far. Everything else is a goddamn charm. Some of the moves you can simply reverse yourself but especially yoga ones are tied to the movement of the ring-con so that you can't.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doing reps: do you guys wait until the game tells you to return to the starting position? Because it feels like you can return a bit earlier and still get your bonus.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Did two sessions this weekend after taking a week off. Crucially, I switched to normal mode from silent mode (figured 5-10 minutes of jogging in place was unlikely to bother the downstairs neighbors but I might switch it back at some point). Parts of me are still sore from each exercise, but I think cutting out the mini-squats and shortening the exercise periods a bit (6 minutes, then 9 minutes) helped a lot with soreness. Now I'm pretty much fine for the most part, and the only thing I've noticed at bedtime is a bit of soreness on my sides (like right around my ribcage). I have no idea what muscles those are, or that I even had muscles there. I do have muscles there, right?

One thing I wish the game would do is give an option for "things seem just right" when judging your last exercise. Like, after the first day I didn't think dropping the exercise was the right move, but I was definitely not ready to move up. Eventually I just answered "I think I want to downgrade" followed by "actually I'll just leave it."

Random question: it turns out I dash instead of jog/slow squat 99% of the time. Is this normal/proper? I don't think my hair lights up if I go slower. Also random question: I got an exercise mat and jogged in place on it for one exercise, but it already seems to be showing wear as a result. Is that just a sign of a cheap exercise mat or should I not jog on an exercise mat generally?

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Were you dead after that? Jeez, I'm wiped after 35 minutes usually; and rank 101? How far are you in Adventure Mode? I'm only rank 56 at World 7 with about 8.5 hours of playtime, average around 27 minutes a day for five days a week. Been on break for the past four days due to illness but now that that is over, I can get back to playing.

I was starting to get some feet pain and couldn't quite keep up with the speed of Knee Lift Combo towards the end. Before Ring Fit I did do a lot of long runs (1-2 hour slow jogs) so I think I'm used to exercising for a long time. But certain exercises I need to stop halfway sometimes and recover a bit. Mostly the yellow core stuff.

I'm a little into World 12 now.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After doing this several days in a row, you really appreciate the gameplay elements. I can actually make myself work out just because I'm curious what's happening next. The game is so good at getting you curious and throwing curveballs.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Also random question: I got an exercise mat and jogged in place on it for one exercise, but it already seems to be showing wear as a result. Is that just a sign of a cheap exercise mat or should I not jog on an exercise mat generally?
I'm guessing you mean a Yoga roll. Generally, those mats aren't meant for stomping up and down on. I don't have the game, but I would just jog on my floor itself and do the exercises on the mat if needed, I have a tile floor though.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Did two sessions this weekend after taking a week off. Crucially, I switched to normal mode from silent mode (figured 5-10 minutes of jogging in place was unlikely to bother the downstairs neighbors but I might switch it back at some point). Parts of me are still sore from each exercise, but I think cutting out the mini-squats and shortening the exercise periods a bit (6 minutes, then 9 minutes) helped a lot with soreness. Now I'm pretty much fine for the most part, and the only thing I've noticed at bedtime is a bit of soreness on my sides (like right around my ribcage). I have no idea what muscles those are, or that I even had muscles there. I do have muscles there, right?

One thing I wish the game would do is give an option for "things seem just right" when judging your last exercise. Like, after the first day I didn't think dropping the exercise was the right move, but I was definitely not ready to move up. Eventually I just answered "I think I want to downgrade" followed by "actually I'll just leave it."

Random question: it turns out I dash instead of jog/slow squat 99% of the time. Is this normal/proper? I don't think my hair lights up if I go slower. Also random question: I got an exercise mat and jogged in place on it for one exercise, but it already seems to be showing wear as a result. Is that just a sign of a cheap exercise mat or should I not jog on an exercise mat generally?

You do have muscles on your sides. Noticing them is a good sign for the game and you :)

Normal yoga mats are not meant for jogging or doing other activities with impact on them. It isn't a sign of a bad yoga mat or a cheap one, but you can get durable ones that can take it as well. It'll absolutely have wear and tear quite quickly if you do for example side steps or simply dashes and jogging on it. I have a friend that gave one solution, which is the gym socks that are used in trampoline parks and kids playgrounds. They have rubber stoppers in the soles and he said they work pretty well with the game, especially for things where you need balancing.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you mean a Yoga roll. Generally, those mats aren't meant for stomping up and down on. I don't have the game, but I would just jog on my floor itself and do the exercises on the mat if needed, I have a tile floor though.
You do have muscles on your sides. Noticing them is a good sign for the game and you :)

Normal yoga mats are not meant for jogging or doing other activities with impact on them. It isn't a sign of a bad yoga mat or a cheap one, but you can get durable ones that can take it as well. It'll absolutely have wear and tear quite quickly if you do for example side steps or simply dashes and jogging on it. I have a friend that gave one solution, which is the gym socks that are used in trampoline parks and kids playgrounds. They have rubber stoppers in the soles and he said they work pretty well with the game, especially for things where you need balancing.

Thanks all. Yup, just talking about a yoga roll. I got it because of the floor exercises--the Ring specifically mentioned not doing it on a hard floor, which made me think "oh I guess I should get a mat." I've already stopped using it for anything besides those floor exercises (I don't actually mind jogging in place on my floor), I just wanted to know if it was a build quality issue or if the mats just weren't meant for that kind of use.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back into this. Had too much of a lull last week but managed to get two days in. Was playing Dragon Quest 11 last night and noticed a friend was playing Ring Fit Adventure....and it's my boss. Not sure how much I'm looking forward to comparing stats.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I bought this a couple of weeks ago but due to holidays and a few issues with my back I still haven't jumped in, I really am dying to do though as the impressions sound good!

I stayed at home for the past 4 weeks due to back issues (lower back pain). Over the last 2 weeks I've been using Ring Fit and it really, really, really helps.
There are some really cool excercises (planks, knee lifts, yoga moves) that work your lower back. After 10 workout days with Ring Fit, my back issues are basically gone.
Of course, my workouts did go hand in hand with physical therapy. But any good doctor will literally tell you to do yoga and/or pilates to help with your back pain.
Take it from someone who used to go to yoga courses in a 130€ per month gym, Ring Fit is legit.

I think my biggest issue with Adventure mode at the moment is that it forces you to use very specific exercise attacks if you want to be optimal. I can't be like "today I want to focus on arms" because the levels I'm doing next might be more focused on abs (or just have a larger mix). Plus the newer attacks you get in each category are so much better than the first ones you get that it doesn't make sense to use the older attacks even if they give you advantage because even newer mismatched attacks would be stronger.

Am in World 5 now and without spoiling everything, I can assure you that you'll be fine.
You will be so overpowered at some point that you can literally toy with the enemies and pick whatever excercise you want.
And trust me, the game will focus on certain areas soon enough. They will also give you modified versions of basic, low level excercises.

After doing this several days in a row, you really appreciate the gameplay elements. I can actually make myself work out just because I'm curious what's happening next. The game is so good at getting you curious and throwing curveballs.

It's honestly my GOTY.
Ring Fit actually makes me look forward to working out, sth I never experienced IRL.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to put out any other games that use the Ring Con. Hopefully so if it's successful, but I can't imagine what they'd do (which is exciting in itself).

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
Realy love the game so far. Couldn't play for the last week because i was sick but Tomorrow I will start to do it daily again.

Saw a Lets Play on youtube by someone who is in World 21 now. It seems the game has 23 worlds in total.

And he says he is already further in the game and is in the Post Game Content, where you get Post Game Worlds that resemble the first worlds in the Game. So it seems like there could be a post Game Version of every World in the Game. Which would make the play time even longer than I thought.

Even though that part is just what he says so take it with a grain of salt. But it at least sounds promising. He was at least right with the 23 worlds long before his videos where at that part, where he could say if it was the case.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Realy love the game so far. Couldn't play for the last week because i was sick but Tomorrow I will start to do it daily again.

Saw a Lets Play on youtube by someone who is in World 21 now. It seems the game has 23 worlds in total.

And he says he is already further in the game and is in the Post Game Content, where you get Post Game Worlds that resemble the first worlds in the Game. So it seems like there could be a post Game Version of every World in the Game. Which would make the play time even longer than I thought.

Even though that part is just what he says so take it with a grain of salt. But it at least sounds promising. He was at least right with the 23 worlds long before his videos where at that part, where he could say if it was the case.

If that is true, that you get to do World 1 in NG+ mode.... the game should last me for ages.
Especially when you consider how little the level layouts even matter, they all look the same to me tbh.
Some are just jogging levels, other so far were more difficult (rocks, enemies, crates, bugs, jumping pads).

If they just let me do World 1 with tougher enemies, I'll be happy.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reached World 4 boss today before taking a break. Really getting into the groove now. Might be ready to increase difficulty soon, am at level 13 currently.

Planks though. Managed to finish a rep for the first time today, 11 in a row. Fell into the ground when finishing the last one and had to take a small break.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Are perfect scores possible in all of the minigames? I've tried Crate Breaker for hours at this point and it's killed my arms.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo arranged a speed run attempt of world 1 level 30 among professional athletes.
Nice idea but I doubt they would so something like that, too much liability risk. Imagine the negative publicity if someone got a heart attack during such a speed run, or even "just" sprained something... Things can happen, even with professional athletes.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I started this on release day but we left for vacation the following day. I got back into it yesterday and I just really like it. I'm wondering if the charm will fade and how long that will take.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So last night both my joycons where being really weird. The right wasn't measuring the heart rate and the left kept complaining my leg wasn't in the right position to start the attack. Afterwards I left them charging over night but they had like 3/4 charge according to the switch. Anyone else have any thing like this happen?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to bump up my level to 20 on my 10th day today, in world 5. That leg gym is insane. I thought I was good at mountain climbers (I did tons of them when I did Insanity) but nope.

Is there any trick to getting the game to recognize them well?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Hit level 40 this morning, which actually unlocked a new currency and progression mechanic that I guess I won't spoil for those who care about that.

The world 5 boss stage and fight were absolutely exhausting.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How will this work if my fiance wants to do this with me? Can she create her own profile in the game, or does she have to create a profile on my switch (she doesn't really game).

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Level 55 or so, 13th or 14th day, I'm currently in world 6 or 7, but sometimes I feel OP.
I did not redo levels and did not fulfill every quests yet, and I don't do too much offline mode presses but I feel like I'm gaining XP too fast.

99% of my exercices moves are "Super", difficulty 17, I up it a bit from time to time but in some low-level battles I don't even have to do a full move set to kill an enemy. Boss battles are very long though.

I love the game but some battles feel not well balanced, so I use low power attacks.
Currently chasing consecutive days titles, I'm on day 8 of the 10 consecutive days, doing 1h a day (25-35 minutes activity ingame) and more on weekends, really love it!

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Level 55 or so, 13th or 14th day, I'm currently in world 6 or 7, but sometimes I feel OP.
I did not redo levels and did not fulfill every quests yet, and I don't do too much offline mode presses but I feel like I'm gaining XP too fast.

99% of my exercices moves are "Super", difficulty 17, I up it a bit from time to time but in some low-level battles I don't even have to do a full move set to kill an enemy. Boss battles are very long though.

I love the game but some battles feel not well balanced, so I use low power attacks.
Currently chasing consecutive days titles, I'm on day 8 of the 10 consecutive days, doing 1h a day (25-35 minutes activity ingame) and more on weekends, really love it!

You are (very) overpowered! The recommended character level for those stages is lv 42-44.

Revel in it! I would crank up the difficulty manually for the running stages and lower it for the boss fights.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are (very) overpowered! The recommended character level for those stages is lv 42-44.

Revel in it! I would crank up the difficulty manually for the running stages and lower it for the boss fights.
I might do that, but it would be nice to have a difficulty level only affectif ennemies' health and not reps, in some exercices I have a hard time finishing reps after 20 minutes.
I'll remove some of the attack buffs I have, I mostly equip defense ones but I may still have some attack.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
How will this work if my fiance wants to do this with me? Can she create her own profile in the game, or does she have to create a profile on my switch (she doesn't really game).

The game uses the available Switch profiles. I don't think there is a way to create profiles in the game, but for some strange reason this is about the only Nintendo game for Switch where you select the profile inside the game.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
The game uses the available Switch profiles. I don't think there is a way to create profiles in the game, but for some strange reason this is about the only Nintendo game for Switch where you select the profile inside the game.
I noticed it's the same way with Luigi's Mansion 3. I think that one might be because the title screen changes once you get through the intro.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna ask again, does anyone have any tips for Mountain Climbers? I've done them before and thought I was fairly good at them, but the game was barely even registering that I was doing them.

Any tips on how to get it to register better?

GSG

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking of which, I wish Nintendo created a proper 2 player mode game where you can use a second set of joycons and ring con/leg strap. It would be so much better if my wife could play/work out alongside me.

I'm gonna ask again, does anyone have any tips for Mountain Climbers? I've done them before and thought I was fairly good at them, but the game was barely even registering that I was doing them.

Any tips on how to get it to register better?

Where is your leg strap located? I found that a lot of reviewers were wearing their leg straps way too high on their leg in their video reviews. If you put it on where the game recommends(around mid thigh, maybe a bit closer to the knee), the game registers your leg position a lot better, though the leg tracking does leave a lot to be desired in general.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Just to check that I got the smoothie economy correct: is it always cheaper to buy the ingredients and make the smoothie myself than to buy read-made smoothies? Or are there any exceptions?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Where is your leg strap located? I found that a lot of reviewers were wearing their leg straps way too high on their leg in their video reviews. If you put it on where the game recommends(around mid thigh, maybe a bit closer to the knee), the game registers your leg position a lot better, though the leg tracking does leave a lot to be desired in general.

Ah, that could make sense. I usually have mine on the upper thigh because otherwise it slips down extremely easily. I'll try and lower it for that exercise. Thanks!

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Reached World 4 boss today before taking a break. Really getting into the groove now. Might be ready to increase difficulty soon, am at level 13 currently.

Planks though. Managed to finish a rep for the first time today, 11 in a row. Fell into the ground when finishing the last one and had to take a small break.
Always take breaks, especially if you get dizzy!

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I didn't think I would do it, but I decided to get this game. I recently learned that I suffered from a mild case of hypertension, which unfortunately runs in my family who has a history of strokes, and exercise helps keeps my blood pressure down with no changed in my diet necessary. That and I don't want to go on blood pressure pills if I can help it. That and I am horribly overweight, which causes me to have a faster pulse than normal people, which isn't good for anyone's learn tear health.

So this game along with my increase activities will hopefully help me keep my blood pressure under control and lose some much needed weight. Plus, I am a hardcore RPG fan, so this is right up my alley. Although, I would be a liar if I didn't say that reading this thread along with the glorying reviews pushed me over the edge. Even invested in a Yogo mat while I ordered the game. Should be in Thursday or Friday.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I'm at world 4, difficulty 15. Already on my 5th day. Got rid of planks. It was wrecking me. But I'm getting better, I think I'll change difficulty a bit.
And going to buy a semitick yoga mat (15mm) for the floor.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Into world 6!

Pushed difficulty up to 27 but I think I fucked up my ankles so I'm putting myself on hold until my compression sleeves come in. Once I'm back in the swing I think I could go up to maximum difficulty. Wide squats DESTROY me though, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I would do it, but I decided to get this game. I recently learned that I suffered from a mild case of hypertension, which unfortunately runs in my family who has a history of strokes, and exercise helps keeps my blood pressure down with no changed in my diet necessary. That and I don't want to go on blood pressure pills if I can help it. That and I am horribly overweight, which causes me to have a faster pulse than normal people, which isn't good for anyone's learn tear health.

So this game along with my increase activities will hopefully help me keep my blood pressure under control and lose some much needed weight. Plus, I am a hardcore RPG fan, so this is right up my alley. Although, I would be a liar if I didn't say that reading this thread along with the glorying reviews pushed me over the edge. Even invested in a Yogo mat while I ordered the game. Should be in Thursday or Friday.
Stories like this are awesome to read. I think its great that the game is pushing people to get more healthy. I do want to note that you mention you are 'overweight' and you are hoping to 'lose some much needed weight'. Just be aware that weight comes off via diet mainly. If you know you are eating over maintenance (normal daily calories) working out will help close those gaps but you have to be sure to eat below your daily calorie burn to actually lose weight. (beyond just standard water weight)

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Stories like this are awesome to read. I think its great that the game is pushing people to get more healthy. I do want to note that you mention you are 'overweight' and you are hoping to 'lose some much needed weight'. Just be aware that weight comes off via diet mainly. If you know you are eating over maintenance (normal daily calories) working out will help close those gaps but you have to be sure to eat below your daily calorie burn to actually lose weight. (beyond just standard water weight)

Funny thing is, I actually don't eat that much throughout the day. Admittedly, I eat the 'wrong' types of foods, but I am trying to cut down on those.