• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did my longest session yet today, with 30 mins of training time. Just felt so energetic.

I got planks now and oh God it kills me. It seems like I struggle to do it properly though, I never get a perfect when going back down. Any tips?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I did my longest session yet today, with 30 mins of training time. Just felt so energetic.

I got planks now and oh God it kills me. It seems like I struggle to do it properly though, I never get a perfect when going back down. Any tips?

I unlocked planks. I cant do them correctly. Yesterday did 35 min at 15 difficulty. Im getting a bit better.

Pike higher. A high pike also makes the movement easier.

I unlocked planks. I cant do them correctly. Yesterday did 35 min at 15 difficulty. Im getting a bit better.

Played it last night at a high difficulty level. Every part of my body except my abs are sore. I'm already ready to jump back in. If you're into physical activity, it's addicting.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it were better designed for tabletop mode, I don't have any spare space in front of my TV so I propped the Switch up on a desk to play, but I can barely tell what's happening and only half the lines of dialogue are voiced so between activities I have to keep kneeling down in front of the screen. In the jogging between enemies sections I can only barely tell what's going on and just kind of spam the circle blasts around

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Almost to level 40. Today's workout kicked my ass. I usually do a set of focused chest or arms after I quit playing Ring Fit with free weights or a pull up bar, but today I just couldn't. Winded as fuck.

Finishing a protein shake now and feeling great. I'm really thankful for this game honestly.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Had to get mine from Game since it was mainly third party selling on Amazon and at a higher price

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've literally done world 1 but hoping the gamification of exercise will get me back into it.

Seems quite polished and I'm interested to see how the levelling up continues.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Because of social obligations, barely played it since Halloween. Made up for it today with over 2 hours of in-game exercise time. Took about 3.75 hours. But now my rankings are back where they should be. Also hit level 101.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Because of social obligations, barely played it since Halloween. Made up for it today with over 2 hours of in-game exercise time. Took about 3.75 hours. But now my rankings are back where they should be. Also hit level 101.
Were you dead after that? Jeez, I'm wiped after 35 minutes usually; and rank 101? How far are you in Adventure Mode? I'm only rank 56 at World 7 with about 8.5 hours of playtime, average around 27 minutes a day for five days a week. Been on break for the past four days due to illness but now that that is over, I can get back to playing.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do you wear shoes while playing or just barefoot or socks?

My feet sometimes hurt the day after and i'm wondering about everyone's workout gear.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I have a small issue. Maybe someone can help.

In world 3 (the world before Sporta IIRC) I struggled to beat Dragaux because he took too many hearts off my lifebar.
So I re-did some of the World 2 maps to grind for spinach and coins.

Now I have the small issue that I feel a little overpowered and it's cutting my battles very short. When I face 3 enemies, I only get 1.5 excersises in before they all dead. I often pick the wrong coloured excercise on purpose to extend my session.
I turned up the diffculty a little bit (15 now) but this only increases the # of reps, doesn't decrease the damage I'm doing per rep.

Anybody know how to remedy this?

ps. while I'm in here asking questions, how many worlds are there? Is there a NG+ when you're done?

Thanks in advance

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
ps. while I'm in here asking questions, how many worlds are there? Is there a NG+ when you're done?

"More than 20 worlds" according to the OT. No-one has reached the end of the game yet, so we don't know what happens after that.

My feet sometimes hurt the day after and i'm wondering about everyone's workout gear.

I'm using only barefoot or socks, personally. But OTOH, I do lots of my outdoor runs using barefoot shoes and similar stuff, so I don't know if my Ring Fit experience would be comparable at all (long-distance running is my main thing, so Ring Fit is mainly an arm exercises game for me).

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

Im barefoot on a yoga mat. Sometimes I wear indoor training shoes just to change the feeling. I did have the same problem of having my soles being kinda sore but it has gone away basically completely.

I have a small issue. Maybe someone can help.

In world 3 (the world before Sporta IIRC) I struggled to beat Dragaux because he took too many hearts off my lifebar.
So I re-did some of the World 2 maps to grind for spinach and coins.

Now I have the small issue that I feel a little overpowered and it's cutting my battles very short. When I face 3 enemies, I only get 1.5 excersises in before they all dead. I often pick the wrong coloured excercise on purpose to extend my session.
I turned up the diffculty a little bit (15 now) but this only increases the # of reps, doesn't decrease the damage I'm doing per rep.

Anybody know how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance
If you want to intentionally up the challenge just use attacks that target only one enemy. There are situations in the game where you are going to be overpowered especially if you do the requests that open up later in the game. I am on world 9 now and there are basically zero occasions on where I need to fear that I would die in a normal battle. But there are still things that are extremely difficult for me to do properly and there are mini-bosses and boss fights that are a challenge.

Upping the level does only require more reps. But combining it with some of the more challenging moves and you might be in a position where there is at least fitness challenge ;)

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
If you want to intentionally up the challenge just use attacks that target only one enemy. There are situations in the game where you are going to be overpowered especially if you do the requests that open up later in the game. I am on world 9 now and there are basically zero occasions on where I need to fear that I would die in a normal battle. But there are still things that are extremely difficult for me to do properly and there are mini-bosses and boss fights that are a challenge.

Upping the level does only require more reps. But combining it with some of the more challenging moves and you might be in a position where there is at least fitness challenge ;)

Thanks for the advice! I was just a little worried that I did something wrong.
I also kinda tanked on purpose by selecting 1v1 moves lol

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
So, I don't really know anything about this but I have some questions

- Is this actually a decent cardio exercise if you don't enjoy running outside or aren't able to go to the gym?
- Is there a continues mode where you can keep playing and exercise outside a campaign?
- Is there an option for 2 players?
- How much space do you need for this?

Thanks!

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
So, I don't really know anything about this but I have some questions

- Is this actually a decent cardio exercise if you don't enjoy running outside or aren't able to go to the gym?
- Is there a continues mode where you can keep playing and exercise outside a campaign?
- Is there an option for 2 players?
- How much space do you need for this?

Thanks!
There are cardio exercises and you jog in place (or do mini squazs) but it is more leaning towards the high intensity side. It is a great work out tool though imo.
You can do pre-determined work-outs or make your own outside the game, focusing on what you like best.
No real 2 player mode afaik. But your SO could get a Pilates ring and just mimic the exercises I guess.
You need to be able to spread your arms standing and lay on the ground.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
There are cardio exercises and you jog in place (or do mini squazs) but it is more leaning towards the high intensity side. It is a great work out tool though imo.
You can do pre-determined work-outs or make your own outside the game, focusing on what you like best.
No real 2 player mode afaik. But your SO could get a Pilates ring and just mimic the exercises I guess.
You need to be able to spread your arms standing and lay on the ground.
Thank you!

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I bought this a couple of weeks ago but due to holidays and a few issues with my back I still haven't jumped in, I really am dying to do though as the impressions sound good!

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got this in the post today. Haven't done anything proper but did the push/pull challenges quickly and... I wasn't expecting it to be that resistive, I'm pleasantly surprised by how quickly it got me a little tired. Very interested to see what it can do with a proper game session with the leg strap and all.

Would be interested if they sold additional Ring-Cons separately, could potentially leave one at work for the odd breather to play around with the standard exercises. But then I guess I could just get a pilates ring for that, right?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this question has been answered 100 times already so I apologize but I couldn't find it. Do you have to jog in place in this game or is there any way to bypass that part or do a different activity in place of it?
I live in an apartment so I can't stomp on the floor or else my neighbours complain.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure this question has been answered 100 times already so I apologize but I couldn't find it. Do you have to jog in place in this game or is there any way to bypass that part or do a different activity in place of it?
I live in an apartment so I can't stomp on the floor or else my neighbours complain.

Yeah, it's in the OP.

There's a Silent Mode where you'll pulse-squat to move.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

There is silent mode with light squats.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
One thing that's starting to annoy me is having to see the tutorial for ab guard every battle, sometimes multiple times a battle. I wish the game just trusted I knew how to do it since it's so basic and you do it all the time.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
One thing that's starting to annoy me is having to see the tutorial for ab guard every battle, sometimes multiple times a battle. I wish the game just trusted I knew how to do it since it's so basic and you do it all the time.
The game needs to give you time to actually set it up and calibrate it, especially if you have to take a small break after doing an exercise.

Kanito8a

Apr 18, 2018

My guess is that the tutorial is the game giving you some time to get on position and ready.

smartazjb0y

Oct 18, 2019
My guess is that the tutorial is the game giving you some time to get on position and ready.

It's especially true when you're doing something that requires you to lay down your Ring-con, like one of the first Yellow actions you get.

Also, for anyone who knows, is difficulty just related to the number of reps you do? No other difference?

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Just got it. Do exercises get stale or anything (use same one too often, becomes less effective in terms of attack)? Some of them are much easier than others even though they have same attack power, so it seems like staleness would be a good feature to incentivize you to vary which ones you do more.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest issue with Adventure mode at the moment is that it forces you to use very specific exercise attacks if you want to be optimal. I can't be like "today I want to focus on arms" because the levels I'm doing next might be more focused on abs (or just have a larger mix). Plus the newer attacks you get in each category are so much better than the first ones you get that it doesn't make sense to use the older attacks even if they give you advantage because even newer mismatched attacks would be stronger.

Also it would be nice if the game was smart enough to alternate between starting sides for attacks that require you to switch. Like if I finish off an enemy with Warrior Pose before having to switch to my left side, the next time I use it, it should start on my left.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I think my biggest issue with Adventure mode at the moment is that it forces you to use very specific exercise attacks if you want to be optimal. I can't be like "today I want to focus on arms" because the levels I'm doing next might be more focused on abs (or just have a larger mix). Plus the newer attacks you get in each category are so much better than the first ones you get that it doesn't make sense to use the older attacks even if they give you advantage because even newer mismatched attacks would be stronger.

Also it would be nice if the game was smart enough to alternate between starting sides for attacks that require you to switch. Like if I finish off an enemy with Warrior Pose before having to switch to my left side, the next time I use it, it should start on my left.

As it stands, I tend to meet the game halfway. I've left squats on my list of exercises for now because squats are great, even though they've been one-upped in attack power already (I'm only at like day 8). You could focus on arms even if it's off colour, but you might need a few HP smoothies to stay alive. I guess you could say the colours help you vary things, and if you do want a specific workout there are some other modes to accommodate that.

I really wish I could kick this cold already and get back to the game.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Just got it. Do exercises get stale or anything (use same one too often, becomes less effective in terms of attack)? Some of them are much easier than others even though they have same attack power, so it seems like staleness would be a good feature to incentivize you to vary which ones you do more.

The exercises are to change a lot during the course of the adventure. For example, you'll not likely use the starting exercises for a very long time in the game.

It'll probably be better to use the separate programs for that specific kind of focus.

Yeah, I agree that would be really nice. IIIRC, always starting with the same side was the way Wii Fit U worked as well.