• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Are people playing every day or are you intended to do rest days? My legs feel pretty fucking done today to be honest.

I'm about to do my 7th day in a few moments, lol, so yea I can see myself playing everyday. At least for this first playthrough. Rest days are always a great idea but my body hasn't given me an indication that it needs one but with Call of Duty out this weekend, it's going to force me to take a day off, lol.

I enjoy working out. I don't do anything crazy (I like my cardio) but I like to stay active. Before this, I wasn't really active for about a month but this gave me some motivation. Enough to make me think about it while I'm at work, lol.

I'm a little surprised I don't feel as tired though. I guess I gotta give my 12+ years of DDR a shoutout, haha.

I haven't taken out squats from my set. It might not have a ton of attack power but I've grown use to doing them and it feels good. It's what I use to finish off an enemy.

Planks where you lift your hips will always be a pain for me. That's probably never going in my sets, lol.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Welp! I found what feels like the last copy as of this morning in Seattle.
I gave it a shot... I calibrated and was like, ok I need a breather. LOL!!

I reeally like it. Gonna try and do it daily. My kid digs it too!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we lose health when falling from too high?
I'm sure I had at least two and a half hearts when starting a battle, there was a single enemy but when it attacked me I had only half a heart, thus I failed because I did not see it in time and did not drink a smoothie.
The only thing I did before this battle was falling from a platform because I did not jump on time, and did not try to slow the fall by pushing down.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to play, but certain people don't irl are not allowing me too lol. I feel like I'm never going to get to play this game.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do people keep playing after it asks if you want to stop?
I stopped when it asked me to on the first two days, but I was at the boss of world two and feeling pretty good still, so I powered through an extra session. I think 18 minutes of moving has been my longest recorded time so far.

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB
I used to think I was in at least a little bit of shape, but this game is kicking my ass. On difficulty 15, did 2 days in a row and legs are just like noodles. Squats were never my forte so it's definitely hitting me hard, but having a dandy time. Probably take tomorrow off, but this is pushing me a bit to get me out of my fitness slump!

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
This is soooo good. First day I did half of world 1. 2nd did the rest and some random shit. 3rd kicked my ASS fighting Drageoux. Went back today and worked back to Draguex 2. For someone trying to work back from lyme's this is awesome. I honestly thought I was walking better than 2-3 days ago.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it tonight for the first time and it was great. Really gave me a good work out and I got a good sweat going. I set Alarms for reminders, but not sure how it reminds me on my mobile... Anyone know?

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've really been enjoying this, but I've been slowly succumbing to a respiratory infection since I got it, and I finally felt I couldn't play today. I actually feel guilty about missing it, which is probably a good thing for something that encourages physical activity!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a partner mode if me and my SO want to play/workout together?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Day 2, world two. Stopped right before the dragon. I probably could have gone for it considering I was drinking yesterday when I felt like I was gonna die after going through with beating him in world 1, but I decided to stop right before just in case hahah. This is great. I feel really compelled to continue, which is REALLLLLLLLY unsual with me and exercising

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this game. I beat world 1. I started sweating with the boss fight. Nintendo did a great job marrying working out with rpg. I do squats because I want to defeat the enemy.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, that seems to be how the game is designed. The little level number on the bottom of the circle when you scroll to a stage looks like the level it recommends you be at.
Yeah I saw the recommendation, but I see a number I have to be at least one higher than the recommended number lol. So I just played the second stage again before the boss fight.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I redid the leg gym in world 5 today since it was a request from a townsperson and it wasnt nearly as bad this time. I guess its because I did a bunch of planks in my session last time since it was my attack that required the most physical effort in my moveset so my abs were already tired. Now I have unlocked hell again though with the wide squat attack.
Though for some reason this time during the mountain climbers the game had trouble picking them up even though I did them the same as last time.

Last edited:

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
If you do 30 mins per day, how long will the game last?
Do you mean 30 minute sessions of playing the game? or playing the game til you reach 30 mins of exercise time? because they are two very different numbers.

Difficulty level really determines how quickly your exercise time goes up since it makes you do more reps. If not there can be a big gap in time actually playing and time exercising recorded by the game due to menus/dialogue and fights being shorter.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
I'm really hoping this game gets back in stock on Amazon soon! When it was first announced I didn't really even give it a second glance, but now I'm checking multiple times a day to see if I can buy it and have it here in time for my birthday next week. I'm ready to have this be a part of my daily routine.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
How's cardio stuff in this? Does it let you input information from outside walks and such too or nah?

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
Very very fun game. Kicks some serious ass at the highest difficultly. Outside of some slight calibration issues, it's very addicting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried level 16. I don't think I was pushed hard enough so I'll raise it for tomorrow + I'll see how my body feels. I'm thinking to do at least 30 minutes of in game time workout a day. I'll probably go 5-6 days a week with one or two days off.

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
Just picked this up at my local EB and they were actually sold out! He had to go check daily deliveries.

I'm so excited, at least I can use this unlike Labo

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Loving this. I want to try to play it every day. But if I have a little soreness in my legs the next morning, do I need to take the day off. Sorry, if it's a really dumb question.

Oct 25, 2017
If they just let me run around those environments I would have bought this day one. I'm a little interested, but just not as much after seeing it's completely on rails.

I wanna sprint with the Deer, Nintendo! LET ME.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
4th day of this game and I'm really starting to feel my muscles reacting. I haven't done any kind of workout in over 2 years as I don't like to exercise so I've been doing 16 minutes of exercise time at level 22. Funny all four days I stopped at 16min. I guess I should push to 30 but I don't want to quit this so I'm keeping it short but regular. Will see how it goes.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this since last weekend and this is slowly becoming one of my favourite games on the Switch, even though its kicking my ass.

I've been doing Insanity(Max 30) almost daily for the last year and this is definitely a tougher 30 minute workout IMO.

The game started me off at level 21, which I thought was a bit too easy, so I bumped it up to 23. By the end of the 30 mins I'm totally drenched and dripping with sweat, but I might raise the difficulty again to 24 or 25 to make myself work a bit harder.

One thing I still don't get is how Nintendo was showing people playing this with jeans and dress shirts in the trailer/demo video, you definitely need workout clothes while playing this.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
If they just let me run around those environments I would have bought this day one. I'm a little interested, but just not as much after seeing it's completely on rails.

I wanna sprint with the Deer, Nintendo! LET ME.

Absolutely do not buy this if you're expecting a typical game or RPG. It is very much an exercise routine in the guise of a turn based RPG, so only get it if your main intention is to incorporate it into your exercise routine instead of getting lost in an immersive world.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
If this game gets updates later down the line, the one thing I'd want is for us to customize the number of exercises in a custom set. 8 exercises seems fine. But haven sets of 10 or 15 exercises would be excellent for people who want longer workouts.

And more exercises and minigames would be nice, yes.

Edit: Oh, and add an option to see the distance and weight in metric units please. Imperial units are so impractical...

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this. I want to try to play it every day. But if I have a little soreness in my legs the next morning, do I need to take the day off. Sorry, if it's a really dumb question.
A little soreness is normal. Hard to say when you cross a threshold from sore to potentially hurting yourself without knowing your body well. If you are worried, stretch a bit before and take it easy while playing or just wait a day.

As a runner, I've had some of my best runs when I'm sore to start. Once the body gets warmed up you don't feel it anymore most of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely do not buy this if you're expecting a typical game or RPG. It is very much an exercise routine in the guise of a turn based RPG, so only get it if your main intention is to incorporate it into your exercise routine instead of getting lost in an immersive world.

I mean that was never a question. It was always clear it's entire goal is fitness. I just wish the levels allowed some freedom.

Seriously, a mode that let you jog freely around those beautiful environments would for sure get me active.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Four days and five sessions behind, many more to go! Looking forward to the evening when I can pop back in for at least 30 minutes after school and work. I finally hit a little barrier last night and did not beat the third encounter with Dragaux. I was pretty confident I could do it stamina-wise, but I didn't realize the recommended level for the fight was higher than my character's, whoops. Still almost took it down though and felt good in the end. I just yesterday decided to try out the multi-task mode as well and that's a fun little feature for sure. I did the maximum amount of reps (500) it counts for the day, seems like a good way to get gold coins for the Adventure mode. I wonder if there's some late-game customization options that cost a ton of money? Would be a good incentive to keep going even if the Adventure itself ends. Man, I'm really glad I picked this up, I hope and think I will stick with this for the foreseeable future - it's really fun.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Day 5 and world 4 complete! My total time today was 38 minutes, with a 35 minute break at the 25 minute mark (accidentally exited out and decided to quit then) for food, rehydration and relaxation.

The new ability for world 4 is brutal, so much ab and arm work, I was so tired by the time I got to the boss. Screw you waterfall! This time, the boss was easy, used my smoothies and got through with little issue. Mostly due to my level, I was level 30 when I fought him and am now 31. Those multi-task days really add up. Grinding levels also is very helpful as well. Did all the possible side quests for world 4 and replayed some levels so I only made it to the first level of world 5 tonight.

Speaking of world 5, holy hell at the leg mini-game, it destroyed me, best I could do is get a C-rank and not proceed down the path. It also introduced the mountain climber move, screw that, holy god damn. Planking hip lifts straight into mountain climber, yeah, no. Had to call it quits after failing because I was too tired, difficulty level is still at 20 for me, I'll bump it up probably by the end of the week. Fun world so far, lots of new equipment to purchase with bonus sets finally, so I bought the blue atom set and a piece from the other two sets also. It also looks like the worlds are getting progressively longer, I estimate world 5 to have 13+ levels to it, which is a lot.

The ring jump maneuver continues to screw me on the high ledges above (first level in world 4 for example when you return, and first on world 5), I can never get on the above platforms no matter how close I do the jump mechanic, and sometimes there isn't enough time to get max speed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Been enjoying this game a lot, for '92 I'm rank 12 for thigh presses, it's insane to see the leaderboards and find someone at level 30 difficulty, world 15, level 70 already. That person must be a beast.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lol I set the difficulty to extreme, thought it wouldn't be so bad but your attacks do so little and the exercises are like 32 moves each set, so it takes a while to get through battles. It gave me quite a workout though so I'm pretty impressed.

I may lower the difficulty, I'll have to see. It'll take me quite a while to get through the game like this. Finished World 1; that and a couple set stuff took me around an hour all-in-all. Not going by the game timer.

What do you all have your difficulties set to?

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Planks are destroying me

Same most of the others are fine and I even considered raising difficulty. And then I hit planks and wanna lower difficulty just for that.

I also really dislike that the exercises where you switch sides always starts from the same side. It's gonna lead to an imbalance of over/underworking each side.