• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick (stupid?) question: is there any way to level up outside of replaying levels? I'm still pretty early in the game, but I'm pretty close to that point where the level is just to hard for my own character level.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Just a quick (stupid?) question: is there any way to level up outside of replaying levels? I'm still pretty early in the game, but I'm pretty close to that point where the level is just to hard for my own character level.

Multi-task mode! You can do reps outside of the game and then, IIRC, donate them back to your profile in the form of XP

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with rest days. Training is the sum of exercise and rest. The exercise tears the body down, while the rest builds it up. Both are equally important.
But the game is so fun and I want to out-fitness dragaux :D
Can't believe I'm sad to have a rest day. Nintendo, you magnificent bastards!

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Wrapped up day three and I think I might have to skip tomorrow, my muscles are starting to hurt from soreness. It sucks because today I felt like I could go on a bit longer but my muscles just said no so I had to quit.

I've never been to a gym my whole life and sports were never my thing, but it's funny that squats don't really give me much trouble while the other excercises wreck me. I guess maybe it's because I cycle around 1 hour every weekday to and from work so my legs are pretty strong already?

The ir sensor keeps telling me I did a very light exercise though :(. The reading must be off because I am feeling destroyed after 10-15 minutes. Time to dig up my apple watch.
I cycle an hour every day and the squats still kill me, its everything else so far I dont have much trouble with.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Goddamn this is addictive. I run and train on a regular basis and this kicks my ass! World 3 Dragaux really pushed me to my limit lol.

Now I want Ringfit MC + Ring for Smash :)
Him/her vs Trainer on the WiiFit level, a fight for the ages!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I don't know what I'm doing but I'm gonna try.

TFPUas5.jpg

I run and train on a regular basis and this kicks my ass!

Well this sounds ominous, as someone who just sits on my very comfortable plump ass on a forever basis. Argh. What have I done.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

TFPUas5.jpg

Well this sounds ominous, as someone who just sits on my very comfortable plump ass on a forever basis. Argh. What have I done.

Don't worry, we are all on the same journey, but the game allows us to customize how bumpy the road is. You will do great!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear! I was already starting to sweat, but of panic :'D
I'd recommend starting at one difficulty tier lower than what you think you would choose. I chose "intense" at first and that really kicked my ass. Would try to ease in if you can and up the difficulty if you're finding it too easy.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally I would like to do thirty minutes every day, but the running on the spot is unfortunately aggravating my shin splints. So, I may have to switch to the silent mode on every other day.

I just quickly wanted to call out my own hubris. I thought I was going to maintain my same fitness regimen and add Ring Fit Adventure to it for a little something extra. As a result, my legs have been murderized. I am still going at it on a daily basis, but I have not been hitting thirty minutes, that is for sure.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
As someone who still uses Wii Fit U for interactive stretching/yoga on a daily basis, how does this compare? I have routines with 30 minutes worth of activities that I can switch between. Does Ring Fit have something similar?

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Already convinced 3 co-workers to check this game out just by talking about it.
Another co-worker who doesn't even game that much bought a switch and ring fit adventure just for the fun of it this past weekend.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who still uses Wii Fit U for interactive stretching/yoga on a daily basis, how does this compare? I have routines with 30 minutes worth of activities that I can switch between. Does Ring Fit have something similar?

Yes, there's a "set" mode where you can customize a routine, just like in Wii Fit that's outside of the main Adventure mode.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Am I the only one who really jogs intensly, just to notice that my character is moving very slow?
It feels totally off. I also watched some Nintendo trailers and there the characters seem to run alot faster.

I ran the leg calibration a few times but it doen't change anything.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Is there simply a free run mode?

I love running around the beautiful world, and its fun to shoot and vacuum (interact) the area around you. Its just over too quickly (or is interrupted by monster battle.)

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Remember to stay hydrated during your sessions and have some carbs before playing if you're diving in after work, specially if you have a demanding physical job!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Am I the only one who really jogs intensly, just to notice that my character is moving very slow?
It feels totally off. I also watched some Nintendo trailers and there the characters seem to run alot faster.

I ran the leg calibration a few times but it doen't change anything.
I had the same issue, but once I relocated the leg strap towards my upper-middle thigh and recalibrated, that is, when it said jog normally I went as light as it would let me, same for fast jog, it helped a lot. First time I calibrated I went all out and had difficulty running. There is an item to help make jogging easier if you're worried over the long haul.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Wrapped up day three and I think I might have to skip tomorrow, my muscles are starting to hurt from soreness. It sucks because today I felt like I could go on a bit longer but my muscles just said no so I had to quit.

I've never been to a gym my whole life and sports were never my thing, but it's funny that squats don't really give me much trouble while the other excercises wreck me. I guess maybe it's because I cycle around 1 hour every weekday to and from work so my legs are pretty strong already?

The ir sensor keeps telling me I did a very light exercise though :(. The reading must be off because I am feeling destroyed after 10-15 minutes. Time to dig up my apple watch.
Resting is good for you. That's why you should always listen to your body.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Resting is good for you. That's why you should always listen to your body.

I tested the IR sensor with two different oximeters (finger clamp one and medical-grade machine) and it was within the marginal 10-15 bpm difference. It is surprisingly accurate.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to finally start this today. Lost about 20lbs over the last few months just though diet/calorie restriction. Looking forward to add some fun exercise to the mix to help the process along.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
I had the same issue, but once I relocated the leg strap towards my upper-middle thigh and recalibrated, that is, when it said jog normally I went as light as it would let me, same for fast jog, it helped a lot. First time I calibrated I went all out and had difficulty running. There is an item to help make jogging easier if you're worried over the long haul.

Thanks, will try it out tomorrow!

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017

TFPUas5.jpg

Oh! im sorry! Its important to mention that my difficulty is set very high, the game is very adjustable :) I didn't want to scare you off!

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed something "strange": I'm starting to sweat A LOT more (seriously I'm starting to get totally soaked), but my pulse is not getting up as much as it did on the first days. It went from 185 max to 155 max.

I also feel a lot less sore on my muscles.
What difficulty are you playing? try upping it.

Tarinus

May 19, 2018
I started yesterday, 40 years old and the game is kicking my butt. 23 active minutes today, almost to the 2nd boss and had to quit. I haven't been to the gym for a month, but even when I was going I swear I am sweating away more with this...

I walk everywhere FAST, so cardio is no issue I think it's just the total lack of all over body condition. I'm also hoping these deltoid workouts will help my neck and shoulder issues.

My only issue is the leg strap always seems to drop down my leg when running, even when tightened securely. Going to try different joggers. I feel like the strap should have a slight rubberised texture to stop it drifting. First Joycon drift, now strap-on drift. :D

So far it's a hit for me as I loved Wii fit and really miss it. I used to love randomly running on the spot around the island.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. It often asks right before the boss, and I'm gonna just go beat the boss if that's the case.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
How many "levels" are in the game? I've bought it already but I wanna know how much juice I'm going to be able to get out of it considering the steep price.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I usually do, but I like to see the set up for the next level/world even if I don't play it.

The mini games are a great little add-on if you want to do a little more but aren't up to another stage.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody else find themselves accidentally making videos when they're taking their pulse?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Are people playing every day or are you intended to do rest days? My legs feel pretty fucking done today to be honest.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
We don't know yet. Noone has finished the game.

I was thinking about this yesterday. This is one of the few games where you likely won't see people rushing through it because of it's nature.

It feels like for a lot of other SP games, you have people talking about the ending/finishing it within a week or two of release. I'm not sure we'll see much of that here unless you are a fitness god (or set everything to easy, lol)

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about this yesterday. This is one of the few games where you likely won't see people rushing through it because of it's nature.

It feels like for a lot of other SP games, you have people talking about the ending/finishing it within a week or two of release. I'm not sure we'll see much of that here unless you are a fitness god (or set everything to easy, lol)

Another thing about the nature of this particular game, is that I really physically "feel" that I battle a boss. It's very different than other RPGs, in a good way.