• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So went to buy this and it was sold out.

What's a good primer for this until I can find it? I'm talking 'what I wish I knew before I started' etc type stuff.

Keep up with the hard work too it's great to see.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This game is brilliant.

And the multitask mode is even more so. I can see myself easily doing 500 extra squeezes and pulls every day.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Got the Plank attack today...

I love planking. What I hate is the Plank ass lifts, which I didn't realise this is.

I was literally dripping on our floor.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Maybe I'm just bad at squats, but those sets seem 10x worse than the other starter ones. Working on keeping my heels down while I do them.
I don't think I've ever done 20 rep sets of squats. I was yelling at the screen "NO MORE SQUATS" at one point.

Stupid blue enemies.
Yeah squats are the worst, I had to rotate them with the other blu attack today, the "let's jump like a maniac" one, my thighs were still toast from the past days.

Ring Fit Adventure |OT| No Man's Thighs

Between the squats and the chair pose I'm sore today.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Third session today, was really craving some activity after work and was able to push to 20 minutes of exercice compared to the 15 minutes of the 2 previous sessions so that feels good already. And I'm in the top 100 in most categories for '83 peeps, kinda motivated to keep it that way :D

'83 here, no idea where I was falling in the rankings. Should check after I get through today's session after work.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Its definitely strange that squats are a starting attack and do as little dmg as they do. Im at world 5 now and every new more powerful attack I have gotten is significantly easier than the squats. The only one that even come kinda close for me is the planks. I would keep using the squats, but its outclassed dmg wise by everything else now and I also try to have an attack of every color, and one AoE.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Its definitely strange that squats are a starting attack and do as little dmg as they do. Im at world 5 now and every new more powerful attack I have gotten is significantly easier than the squats. The only one that even come kinda close for me is the planks. I would keep using the squats, but its outclassed dmg wise by everything else now and I also try to have an attack of every color, and one AoE.

I've only done one session so far but I didn't even consider looking at the attack rating of any of the exercises. It was more "what exercise can my body handle right now" than anything else.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The squats absolutely wrecked me on my first play. I think I did sets of 30-40. I'm also on silent mode, so doing half squats to move the character around. So in two levels or so that I played, I must've done over a hundred. I'm still feeling it in my quads and hams today and I played on Friday night.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Just got it today and I'm enjoying it immensely. Also Nintendo needs to update Maro Kart 8 to use the ring fit as an oficial controller so you can use it as an additional workout app. Damn a lot of games would be very interesting to play with it.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first level. I am sweating and was spent by the time I beat Dragaux. I didnt even get through the cooldown session. I am going feel this tomorrow.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
4th day down, just did the first two levels of World 4, this game has such great character and art style, Nintendo are so good at this sort of stuff.

I must say I think it sucks that excercises like squats become a bit useless as there dmg output is so weak, so it's turned a really hard to do exercise that will benefit me more to being unused now.

Also I wish the standard non adventure mode recorded activity on your daily, I did the aerobic one on hardcore and it was a very hard work out but its time hasn't tracked.

Last edited:

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
4th day down, just did the first two levels of World 4, this game has such great character and art style, Nintendo are so good at this sort of stuff.

I must say I think it sucks that excercises like squats become a bit useless as there dmg output is so weak, so it's turned a really hard to do exercise that will benefit me more to being unused now.

Also I wish the standard non adventure mode recorded activity on your daily, I did the aerobic one on hardcore and it was a very hard work out but its time hasn't tracked.

Just wait until you unlock the wide squats move.

I also have an inkling you'll able to level up earlier attacks later on to make them relevant again, though that's pure speculation.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
I agree that the new exercises that you unlock don't seem to scale in difficulty, which seems odd. That said, I hust unlocked planks.... holy shit.

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Im on day 3 (was out of town on day 1), but I'm LOVING this game so far. It's ingenious really. I've tried other attempts at fitness-games, but this is on a whole 'nother level of fun. This feels like an actual game where you workout instead of an exercise app with tacked on game features. I dunno how to explain it well, but it's super polished and I want to keep playing. Not only cause it's fun, but because I like the way I feel afterwards, its a good soreness. I made the mistake of putting it on Intense difficulty the first day and I could barely complete the first world, it kicked my ass. I was expecting it to be super easy, hence bumping up the difficulty....I was wrong.

I don't think I've ever had close to this amount of fun while exercising though. I'm a sucker for RPGs though, so this is super up my alley.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
So happy the game has been well-received here, reading some of your comments is always fun. I don't have a TV so it would be a hard to play, but I'm considering getting one close to Christmas with Ring Fit.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I'm on world 3 and I've noticed some level repetition. Have I really seen all the environments on day 4?

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
The OT mentions file size - does this mean the game is available to download rather than a cartridge? I would actually much prefer that, rather than having to swap it in/out every time I want to exercise.
Has anyone finished the game? Is there much post game content to keep you exercising?

The concept looks great and also I'm bit horny for that spandex wearing devil, lol

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Phew. Ranked #5 on squats for people born in 1986. My difficulty level has me doing 28 at a time!

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
The OT mentions file size - does this mean the game is available to download rather than a cartridge? I would actually much prefer that, rather than having to swap it in/out every time I want to exercise.
Has anyone finished the game? Is there much post game content to keep you exercising?

The concept looks great and also I'm bit horny for that spandex wearing devil, lol

In the NoA FAQ, they state that there are no plans to release a version of the game with the download code in the box at this time. I think the Nintendo website just has the download sizes for every game.

I don't believe anyone has finished the game yet, but there are already situations that have popped up where one will need to unlock certain abilities before 100% completing a certain world in the Adventure Mode. The game also has a mode where you can just do a set of workouts if you want.

Last edited:

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I unlocked Planking today and uh... Ouch. Those were the first exercise to really kick my ass. I think I'm gonna need to get a yoga mat since I definitely see myself sticking with this. Really, really enjoying it so far.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Day 6. 50 min. Workouts are getting longer each day!

Today was definitely an unexpected leg day, lol. Came across a gym that made you do a set of leg workouts. This was my first introduction to mountain climbers in game. Get ready ;)

Such a wonderful game. I find myself at work, looking forward to coming home and hopping on. Using a yoga mat sounds like a good idea for some of these ground exercises.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

Today was definitely an unexpected leg day, lol. Came across a gym that made you do a set of leg workouts. This was my first introduction to mountain climbers in game. Get ready ;)

Such a wonderful game. I find myself at work, looking forward to coming home and hopping on. Using a yoga mat sounds like a good idea for some of these ground exercises.

Get a cheap one, too. You're hardly in the ground for more than a few moments.

It would have been a good branding opportunity for Nintendo to sell a foam one on Amazon, but they've been marketing casual games differently this year. Much more conservatively than even with Labo.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
My biggest deterrent is squats. I've always had issues with them at the gym and it would cause me to lose sensation in my hands for an hour, today I ended up doing the first world and my hands are numb at the moment. I love Ring Fit Adventure though!

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Do worlds continue getting exponentially longer? I've been enjoying the pace of doing a world a night, and would like to keep doing that, but just figured I'd ask.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Fourth day, it still hurt a bit after a while (sore) but a lot less than first day, slowly getting accustomed to exercise, I did not exercise at all before.
I love the Adventure mode, I spent at least 15 mins per day there and adjusting the intensity so it's not easy or killing me in 5 mins.
I f*cking love Dragaux's battle music. This game music style remind me of Miitopia a lot.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Do worlds continue getting exponentially longer? I've been enjoying the pace of doing a world a night, and would like to keep doing that, but just figured I'd ask.

They generally do, at least up to the point I'm at. It's extremely unlikely you'll be able to maintain the pace of 1 day per world soon, and even less if you're 100%'ing each one

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
just did my first day today. I'm not in in the best shape ever compared to others but I am skinny and dont have too much fat (I am below 15% body fat). And jesus on the second to highest difficulty as someone who never did HITS I am reminded why I always took my sweet time. I've never been good at doing shit fast and I got light headed. Taking my time next time. Best advice I can give is don't be afraid to to sit down and breath. Jesus. Well better get used to HITS or take it WAY more slowly.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I played through all of world 2 at difficulty 21. Was mostly fine but had to take a minute during the Dragaux fight to catch my breath. You get a lot of mileage out of that ring con. What a good concept this all is.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019

That leg gym is the real boss of world 5. The high knees are no problem I can do those all day, squats I was getting tired half way through, then like you said came the mountain climbers for the first time and its worse because they come immediately after the squats with no rest. I got a 99 score on that gym but thats been the toughest level in the game so far for me.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
So i did level 1 today at 5 pm and it is now 9 and I want to go through level one again.