• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Finished world 1. I chose moderate difficulty cause I figured I'm out of shape and shouldn't push myself too hard. I didn't see the difficulty level everybody seems to be mentioning. I'll check tomorrow. Got an A on the first few mini games on hardest difficulty, but then a B on the damn pottery game. I'll definitely check out my global rankings tomorrow. It's pretty great but boy am I shit at cardio. Oof. I can do the exercises no problem but the running kills me.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy those overhead presses and leg stretches fucking HURT.

I sure sweated during that world 1 boss. I think I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of this.

Oct 25, 2017
I want this, but I live on the top floor of an apartment complex. Would I be a shithead of a neighbor if I played this? If so, I can wait, obviously.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I live in an upstairs apartment. I won't be able to do the running in place. I wonder if the game throws more squats in to compensate

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to playing this. I preordered it but was busy today and couldn't go to pick it up. I will grab it tomorrow and also buy a yoga mat. :D

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I chose Intense difficulty and almost threw up after the first world. And I'm in decent shape!

I think I went too fast, I didn't realize that the game doesn't expect you to finish quickly. Those squats and knee to chest exercises kicked my ass. I loved it though.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, so I guess saying I do some exercise and choosing intense and 100 push and about 85-90 pull the game put me at 20 difficulty. I do struggle to do the battles but at the same time my BPM only got up to like 135 at most.

I feel like I need a mat for the floor exercises though. It was more about my butt hurting.

Realistically I probably burn quite a bit more calories going for a run but at least this is working out my upper body a little more.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So this might sound a touch silly to ask here, but I can't really think of any other places at the moment that do have a "Ring Fit" community of sorts...

I'm running into a slight complication with Squats. Bear in mind my knees aren't really that good, but I'm doing my best to not set up the "Knee Assist" since I don't really know how much that would change up the reps. Anyway though, I don't really know if it is really registering for me or not due to how it seems like I have to be bending well past a sitting stance to have the squat count. I see my character light up a bit before getting a "Good." and not "Great!" out of it.

I know it says to have the knee strap just over the knee, but I don't know if it needs to be higher or not to work.

Probably going to take a break tonight since apparently I have put in a lovely 45 minutes into the game. Can't wait to try and do Ring fit with Fitness boxing and see how much I can kick my own ass. ^__^

tokkan

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone with the Japanese version know if there's English language included? It's not on the e-shop to check :(

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Maybe intense was too hard for me to start lol those first two monsters were rough on my weak body...

My God is this what it feels like to be level 1?

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017

kaden

Dec 23, 2017
日本
I have the Japanese version, it booted in English fine as most Nintendo made games do.
It did ask if I was in or outside of Canada. I had to change my consoles region from Japan to NZ to get full metric,

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Played through the first world in about 17 minutes, difficulty was at level 20. I was breathing heavy by the end, those squats were murder on my knees, haha. I can see myself using this daily to get in a regular regimen before adding other exercise outside the game itself. I don't do much exercise, and I haven't done yoga in over a year-and-a-half so it took some getting use to the exercises.

Game is a lot of fun, only issue is needing the ring-con and leg strap on before being able to go through the menus, made doing the multi-task mode a chore since I needed to put the leg strap on every time I wanted to check where I was at out of 500 total. Another problem is with the multi-task mode, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it feels like it's undercounting the amount of presses I do, I'm doing them slow and deliberate, not super fast, and when I counted to 20, it only counted 13. I eventually quit after 221/500 because it was taking way too long. Spent the better part of 45 minutes and only got that much. Other than that it's a lot of fun. The age-ranking is a nice touch. Hope they update the game to allow joy-con menu navigation without the need for the ring-con/leg strap.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i LOVE this game so far. i really want to shed some kilos but my anxiety was stopping me going to the gym consistently. this is great for me to do 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day. really worked up a sweat after finishing the first world!

only criticism i have is that it can be a little jarring going from running to a menu change (e.g, running into a monster or cutscene).

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I beat the first world today on intense. I'm digging it so far. I hope it does well enough that we get more games for the Ring-Con and leg strap.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Same here, only tried it this morning. Gonna try again tomorrow. Probably not activated yet.
Yep, it says you can't get it at the moment.

Just tried and it still doesn't work. I don't know if I should contact Nintendo or what?

Has theen been similar cases before that people can't claim their mynintendo points? I think there might have been a similar case with Labo VR or some other game for some? Remember reading it somewhere. I got the gold points from it normally myself though.

Last edited:

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I want this, but I live on the top floor of an apartment complex. Would I be a shithead of a neighbor if I played this? If so, I can wait, obviously.
I live in an upstairs apartment. I won't be able to do the running in place. I wonder if the game throws more squats in to compensate
I remember from a trailer that there's a solution to your problem, Nintendo thought of you people, but I don't remember what it was exactly...
Edit: Found it.The reveal trailer mentioned a silent mode, where you don't have to run.

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I definitely worked up a sweat playing the first 4 levels. It set my fitness level to 21 and I selected the second to hardest difficulty (intense I think?). I'm guessing selecting a lower difficulty reduces the number of reps?
Anyway, I was drenched after those 25 min and like I said earlier in the thread, I consistently workout and stay active.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely worked up a sweat playing the first 4 levels. It set my fitness level to 21 and I selected the second to hardest difficulty (intense I think?). I'm guessing selecting a lower difficulty reduces the number of reps?
Anyway, I was drenched after those 25 min and like I said earlier in the thread, I consistently workout and stay active.

I guess the difficulty also increases the strength required when squeezing the ring. I was set at 23 after the questionnaire, tried to cheese some overhead press reps by not going all the way through because I was having a really hard time and the rep meter would fill up super slowly or even not fill at all if I did it gently.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
While the longevity of the game will be questionable - and if people get bored and stop playing, that's certainly not the game's fault - but this has made exercise more interesting to me than anything I've tried in the past. In general it's a completely new experience and something Nintendo should be lauded for - the only other game that has motivated me to actually get up and do something was Pokemon Go.

I am going to try my best to keep playing every day - I like how the game prompts you to set alarms as reminders.

efjo

Oct 3, 2018
83uviwcvadt31.png

This was posted on the Ring Fit subreddit and I love it. Credit: TekNicale

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I lost my first battle against Drako in World 2 but, even if I was pretty tired, I replayed it because I really wanted to win! This game can be pretty motivating.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I guess the difficulty also increases the strength required when squeezing the ring. I was set at 23 after the questionnaire, tried to cheese some overhead press reps by not going all the way through because I was having a really hard time and the rep meter would fill up super slowly or even not fill at all if I did it gently.

ok so my guess is the intensity level controls how many reps and fitness level how long you hold a squat or how hard you have to press the ring. All I know is it was tough and I do a lot of power and Olympic lifting

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I did my first proper session today, two courses for about 20min of exercise total and yeah, this is legit. Maybe the difficulty is set too high for me at 22 so I'm gonna have to check out what lowering it does tomorrow but if I manage to stay motivated, this will be a nice complimentary routine.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
This is what I'm most curious about. Does it feel like the game will be engaging over a long period of time, enough to work as a long-term exercising tool?

For me personally, I imagine once you get through the main quest you'll have less drive to play, though there are options to just do the exercises and tailor a training routine to your specifications.

That said, It's the sort of thing where the game can only offer so much - the motivation has to come from you. It would be quite easy to say, 'Nah, I can't be bothered today', but that's the case for any form of exercise.

What I would say is that people go to the gym on a regular basis and that isn't an experience that varies much from visit to visit, so I don't think Ring Fit will be any more repetitive than any other form of exercise. The fact that you can scale the intensity means it's something you could theoretically play for a year and still get something out of.

Considering I don't do -any- exercise at the moment, every little helps!

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
I chose Intense difficulty and almost threw up after the first world. And I'm in decent shape!

I think I went too fast, I didn't realize that the game doesn't expect you to finish quickly. Those squats and knee to chest exercises kicked my ass. I loved it though.

Had the same experience yesterday.
Maybe we're used to games being fast-paced and this feels totally off.

Going to excercise later today but will take it down a few levels and take my time.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
For me personally, I imagine once you get through the main quest you'll have less drive to play, though there are options to just do the exercises and tailor a training routine to your specifications.

That said, It's the sort of thing where the game can only offer so much - the motivation has to come from you. It would be quite easy to say, 'Nah, I can't be bothered today', but that's the case for any form of exercise.

What I would say is that people go to the gym on a regular basis and that isn't an experience that varies much from visit to visit, so I don't think Ring Fit will be any more repetitive than any other form of exercise. The fact that you can scale the intensity means it's something you could theoretically play for a year and still get something out of.

Considering I don't do -any- exercise at the moment, every little helps!

I'm just wondering if the game design lends itself well to keeping playing for long stretches of time. Things like procedural generation of content, which can go a long way towards making it evergreen. I'm mostly wondering how much of a worthwhile investment this may be in the long run, since I'm strapped for cash at the moment and I already regularly exercise (swimming).

And now I want a roguelite mode for it, hahah. Perhaps as free DLC down the line.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
I walk at least half an hour during lunch at work every day and at the weekend I'm pottering around doing jobs etc, so I'm fairly active and I got an excellent report from my health check at work 18 months ago. The only thing is I'm a touch overweight, maybe 4 or 5 lbs.

The game put me at level 14 after the questions and I feel I'm particularly weak on the pulling at 76%. It feels like a real struggle to keep the ring pulled.

I did the first level yesterday in 3m 30s and decided to quit there. Then today I did the next level and the first boss battle and the total movement time as about 10m 30s and I was finished, absolutely destroyed.

I can only put it down to doing exercises I never do.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another advice for people that are using this game as their first contact with strength training, especially those that are used to cardio programs or playing DDR/PIU until falling exhausted in the ground (guilty as charged): don't look at the scale. If you do, don't mind finding out that you gained weight. You're building muscle mass and within limits that can account for a small increase in weight or an apparent stalling, and it's the increased muscle mass what eventually, in the longer run, is going to help you lose body fat if you mind your diet a little bit since higher muscle mass = higher maintenance caloric needs.