• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
Haven't got my copy yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Does choosing between Casual, Moderate, Intense and Extreme decide on the numerical difficulty?
What does the difficulty actually do? Is it just more reps in the battles?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
vgWGpup.jpg
I like it.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I picked this up after work today. Put about 20 minutes in. I feel like the cardio is much more than back in WiiFit U. Loving it. I lost 30 pounds on Wii Fit, lets see if I can get another 30 down.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I only played for 20 mins and now that it's the night, I'm hurting lmao
I'll have to lower the intensity because at this rate I can't do this everyday.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Haven't got my copy yet but I'm really looking forward to the first time I am defeated in battle because my irl HP is too low

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be picking this up after work, preorder from Amazon hasn't shipped yet, and I'd like to start this tonight/tomorrow. It's too late to cancel Amazon preorder, so I'll return it once it gets here.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Super Cardio Odyssey" sounds so much better the more I repeat it to myself.

I forgot this was coming out today. Don't know when I'll get it, but I definitely will. Watching Vinny Vinesauce play a little bit was hysterical.

Feb 15, 2018
Would this be playable for someone who cannot use one of their hands at all? Like no ability to grip etc? I'm thinking are there accessibility options for having to pull the ring outwards?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really cool. Looking forward to seeing more impressions, I may grab this.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Did my first adventure today. Only about 25 minutes, 80 calories. I'm in love with this game so much. Worked up a pretty damn good sweat, too.

Feb 16, 2018
Amazon said it was delivered to my apartment but when I got home there was no package for me. What the hell amazon? I want to be ring fit.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first 3 levels. I really dig this. I can see myself keeping a schedule with it. Especially with the reminders you can set.

The silent mode is great as well as someone who lives in an apartment. Asked the person below me and they said they couldn't hear me playing at all.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know but at the moment I didn't have my phone available next to me and found it weird that it wouldn't ask me of unit system first or set metric default because of console country setting
Strange, that was one of the first questions it gave me.
EDIT: It was actually the very first question it asked me after calibrating the ring-con, before anything else.

Last edited:

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Would this be playable for someone who cannot use one of their hands at all? Like no ability to grip etc? I'm thinking are there accessibility options for having to pull the ring outwards?
you can swap a lot of the exercises for buttons, but I'm not sure which one specifically. i'll get you the answers in the morning if you're still waiting on them? might be useful for the OP anyway.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Day one inventory of Ring Fit Adventure at the GameStop where I pre-ordered w/ full payment: 0

Cool. Guess I'll go to Target

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I finished world 1, 24 mins, Ring Fit said around 70 calories, Fitbit says 243 calories. Heart rate from Joycon and Fitbit matched. From Fitbit, average heartrate of 140, peak of 160.

Edit: 14 difficulty

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Played first two levels at 21 difficulty and it wore me out pretty quickly. Granted I'm doing the quiet mode so LOTS of half squats.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
10 minutes (first three locations)
94.4 cal
Jogged 0.74 miles
Difficulty 12

I'm dying

Y'all...I've made a huge mistake. As an incentive to get to 1k donations for Extra Life this week, I said that if I got to 1k by EOD Monday, that I'd play Ring Fit Adventures, live on my 24 hour stream on November 2nd....FOR THE LAST HOUR OF MY 24 HOURS. I PROCEEDED TO HIT 1k WITHIN AN HOUR OF POSTING THAT. If I hit 50% of my goal ($1250) I said I'd do the entire stream in a Renaissance Costume. Whelp.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I can't do jogging or squats because of fucked knees. Am I correct to assume that I should just avoid this and continue on with Fitness Boxing?

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
10 minutes (first three locations)
94.4 cal
Jogged 0.74 miles
Difficulty 12

I'm dying

Y'all...I've made a huge mistake. As an incentive to get to 1k donations for Extra Life this week, I said that if I got to 1k by EOD Monday, that I'd play Ring Fit Adventures, live on my 24 hour stream on November 2nd....FOR THE LAST HOUR OF MY 24 HOURS. I PROCEEDED TO HIT 1k WITHIN AN HOUR OF POSTING THAT. If I hit 50% of my goal ($1250) I said I'd do the entire stream in a Renaissance Costume. Whelp.

Lmao

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Clearing that first world was intense. The game set me to 24 difficulty so I popped that down to 17 right quick

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
First off the whole presentation of this thing is pretty fantastic.

I go to the gym twice per week and still got a nice little workout from the first few levels.

Good stuff. It's about time Nintendo dropped a weird casual game that works for me.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I did the first two worlds tonight and had fun, but even after a little over an hour and a half of use it only had maybe 40 mins of exercise time in the game. It also said I had only burned about 150 calories (im sure its off)at difficulty level 15. Its fun and I could definitely feel it at points, but I cant say it seems all that efficient with the downtimes. Also I had a good laugh when I saw I was in the top 10 for basically everything globally for people age 33 since I dont consider myself very fit.

The game also scared the hell out of me after I was done and checked my blood glucose and saw 125(high). I'm a diabetic and I use diet and cardio to keep my blood glucose at normal levels without medication I dont know if this just isnt giving me the workout I need compared to my two daily bike rides (i swapped out my evening bike ride for ring fit today), or if its just a fluke (every once in a great while exercising will raise my blood glucose). I really hope its just a fluke because if not it means the game is basically worthless to me since I dont have the time use ring fit if I still have to do my two daily bike rides and ring fit seems like a nice option just to change things up..

Also I have a question about ab guard for anyone who knows, what exactly are we supposed to do? I stood there with knees lowered the way they would be for the chair pose and tried to tighten my abs, but I cant say I ever really felt anything from it. Is is just there to give you a breather like a few of the other exercises seem to be (like the one where you twist from side to side)?

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well that game kicked my ass at difficulty 10. Looking forward to seeing my progress over the next few weeks. Is playing everyday for a bit a bad idea? Do I need cooldown days?

It gave me difficulty 10 because I literally never exercise and wanted a moderate workout.

Rufuscrim

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So I'm told when you first boot up the game you're asked if you're in Canada or... somewhere not Canada? Is this right? If so... why? What changes? I don't want to be a polite and honest Canadian and end up turning on some bizarre Fitness for Canadians mode.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm told when you first boot up the game you're asked if you're in Canada or... somewhere not Canada? Is this right? If so... why? What changes? I don't want to be a polite and honest Canadian and end up turning on some bizarre Fitness for Canadians mode.

the game will just apologize more often