• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
Interesting metric within the global rankings. Tells you how many other players there are with the same birth year as you. When I played this morning there were 80 people born in 1989 on the rankings. Curious to see how the goes up Over the next couple weeks.

1989 checking in 👌

Got it today, Im out of shape and technically on the obese scale,

This thing is way more intense than i thought! first session and im dripping in sweat!! this is a legit using level 17 right now, first boss was really intense.

Here are my first session stats

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I'd done Best Buy in store pickup for this. The wait for delivery is agonizing. I have the day off and I'd love to be digging in right now. :/

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb trivia, when using the "offline" option to keep squeezing the ring when doing other stuff there's a small speaker there somewhere giving small audible feedback

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
The push pull test surprised me. I'm curious what numbers other people got. Push was an easy 100 for me, but I could only get about 85-90 on the pull, and it would cause my muscle to hurt by the end of it.

I generally consider my upper body strength to be pretty poor, though I can do pushups okay but am terrible at pullups.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Interesting metric within the global rankings. Tells you how many other players there are with the same birth year as you. When I played this morning there were 80 people born in 1989 on the rankings. Curious to see how the goes up Over the next couple weeks.
I wouldn't be able to play it at the moment but hopefully mid-next year I'll be popping another 1989 on those charts.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Just got it! Very excited to try it out. :D

The only disappointment so far is the actual boxart. The box for the whole package is really cool, so why is the game box so lame? :P

*throws box aside and plugs it in* Problem solved! Time to have some fun. ^_^

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
This is getting positive scores so far. The fact is a RPG makes it even better.

Might get it and use it as a cardio alternative for my free days.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Played through the first level and was surprised and impressed by how much of a real workout it was. Definitely going to try to find a time for regular play.

I just hope I can fit the leg strap on my thigh...
I have enormous thighs and it has lots of stretch. You'll be okay! You'll want the leg strap to be tight to avoid it sliding down while running.

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
Man I just finished the first fight with drago and man, it's definitely a good workout! The overhead presses were the hardest exercise for me. Looking forward to playing more of it tomorrow!

Jun 17, 2018
Had a coupon from MM and got it for 50 EUR, thought sure why not. I go to the gym and also use Fitness Boxing but my so does not really like the latter, maybe we can have a fun way to watch each other exercise. Pick up should be ready today, time to get swole! Also kudos for the OT title, Dark Swoles is cool too but this one fits the vibe of the world much better imo.
Hey yo my man Phife diggy he got something to say

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hope people see a lot of success with this.

Couldn't have been less interested in Wii Fit but this looks a lot more enticing.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Squats are love. Squats are life.

I didn't have a yoga mat or proper space today to do floor exercises so I doubled up on squats and full disclosure I am a morbidly obese women who has never been to the gym in her life.

I'm looking forward to continuing! But also, my thighs are straight up quivering lol

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Just picked it up today, but have work right now, will try when I'm home. I enjoyed Wii Fit U, used it for a month and a half straight and it was great, mainly for yoga and it did help, but the issue was space so I'm hoping not needing an exercise board will eliminate the problem of needing more room to play. We'll see. I'm also hoping that it has more of a hook to stick to it, Wii Fit got boring because you could only play the mini-games so much before getting bored.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first level and was surprised and impressed by how much of a real workout it was. Definitely going to try to find a time for regular play.

I have enormous thighs and it has lots of stretch. You'll be okay! You'll want the leg strap to be tight to avoid it sliding down while running.

Just in case, would the game work fine strapped to a calf instead of a thigh?

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't have a yoga mat or proper space today to do floor exercises so I doubled up on squats and full disclosure I am a morbidly obese women who has never been to the gym in her life.

I'm looking forward to continuing! But also, my thighs are straight up quivering lol

Just take it easy and don't let the soreness prevent you from keep playing. Exercising a little bit more (within your limits, you don't want to get injured), even if at a slightly lower intensity, will actually help with the soreness. Also look for some quads stretching exercises that you can do in order to help a bit.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Just take it easy and don't let the soreness prevent you from keep playing. Exercising a little bit more (within your limits, you don't want to get injured), even if at a slightly lower intensity, will actually help with the soreness. Also look for some quad stretching exercises that you can do in order to help a bit.

Thanks! I'll do that. Of all weeks for this to launch my family is visiting starting today so it's a good time to finally start an exercise routine to work off some of the calories.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
This game is legit. I played through the first world earlier and I was knackered after that, it felt like a good workout. Its all the extra things about the game which make it great though, features they didn't have to put in but they did. Like all the in depth stat tracking, warmup and cooldown exercises, alarms and offline workouts. So good, wasn't expecting this game to go all out like this.

I guess I'll have to see how it holds up in the long run, but I think it'll be great for at the very least a few weeks, enough to get my regular workout routine kickstarted again anyway.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
No, it's actually a speaker. It plays a short jingle when you turn it on/off and gives different tones of "squeak" depending if you squeeze or pull.
The HD Rumble actuator is basically a speaker as it is. It's been known to play short jingles like coin pickup sounds already. So I doubt they wasted money on adding an actual speaker in there.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Just got my copy and I'm excited to try it out later tonight. My workouts are just riding a stationary bike twice a day (usually 11 miles in the morning then the same in the evening), so im interested to see if this can offer me a similar level of workout. I'm a diabetic that does not require any medication because with my diet and two daily workouts I'm able to keep my blood glucose levels at those of a normal person. This will be a welcome addition to swap out for a bike ride on some days just to switch things up, or just to give other muscles some use.

All I have done so far is just open the box and update the game; I did try out the ring and it offered more resistance than I would have expected from it.

Also did anyone else start doing any exercised they dont normally do a few days ago in preparation for this? I havent really done squats in years but about a week ago I started to do them every day to minimize whatever soreness I would initially get from this.

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Just in case, would the game work fine strapped to a calf instead of a thigh?
Probably not. I think it figures out squats by the joycon going horizontal so it needs to be above the knee.

You could technically strap the joycon to something else that would stay on your thigh if for some reason the included strap doesn't work for you.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I just fired it up again to try something not in adventure mode, I did the aerobic set on hardcore and it killed me, anyways it doesn't seem to add that time and calories burned to by daily tracker? That sort of sucks...

Is your workout time only tracked in adventure mode?

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Got my copy today and finished the first world. I was really feeling the pain during the boss battle. I was definitely sweating after my session. I had the difficulty set to 21, which honestly, was a bit too much. Looking forward to a new session tomorrow!

My girlfriend also really liked her time with it. :)

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
I've got the game and updated the app. Firmware and controllers are on the newest update as well. After first start up, the game asks me to put the Ringcon on a plane surface for calibration, and then nothing happens. Nothing.
Anyone else with the same problem? I don't have issues with my right joycon at all, could it be a defect ringcon (is there any tech in the ringcon itself)??
I had the same problem. Then I tried to calibrate the right joycon in the system settings (never did that before) and got an error message. But on the fourth try it worked and then it also worked in the game.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
vgWGpup.jpg

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
Just had another quick blast to end the day, really cool stat to see your global rankings for your age group, number 6 at squats for 1989 out of 101 haha!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We got the game in today in the store, but unfortunately can't really put it in the store for people to try out, so I don't know myself. Maybe some day with a sale.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Does the game have multiple save files so more than one person can track individual progress? The lack of this is what sucks so much about the boxing game.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I'll do that. Of all weeks for this to launch my family is visiting starting today so it's a good time to finally start an exercise routine to work off some of the calories.
I hope this doesn't take things too far off topic, but just to be clear - for you or anyone else - exercise is good for your health. Diet is what's most important in controlling your weight.
Of course exercise can be a contributing factor in weight loss, but diet is far more important. Calories-in/Calories-out is an extremely basic and really a wrong way of looking at it. One of the best things you can do to help lose body fat is cutting out sugar, because blood glucose levels are a significant factor in controlling what your body does with its caloric intake. Things like reducing carbs and increasing the amount of protein in your diet can be a good way to help prevent cravings.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I hope this doesn't take things too far off topic, but just to be clear - for you or anyone else - exercise is good for your health. Diet is what's most important in controlling your weight.
Of course exercise can be a contributing factor in weight loss, but diet is far more important. Calories-in/Calories-out is an extremely basic and really a wrong way of looking at it. One of the best things you can do to help lose body fat is cutting out sugar, because blood glucose levels are a significant factor in controlling what your body does with its caloric intake. Things like reducing carbs and increasing the amount of protein in your diet can be a good way to help prevent cravings.
True. I lost the most weight when I was super conscious about what I was eating. No sugar and significantly less carbs worked for me. However working out can help a lot if it's intense and regular. Just don't expect to lose weight if you do an hour of exercise and then eat burgers thinking that you have burnt the calories.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
12 mins and I'm out of breath, put the difficulty on intense and I couldn't go beyond the first 2 levels, this is really difficult, is 2 levels per day enough though? Should I do the 3rd?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Minor issue, the game asked my weight, I put 85 and it told me that it's out of range. I meant kilos, guess it wanted libre but how should I know how much this is.