• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just picked up my copy. Are there multiple files so my wife and I can both play?

Never mind. This was answered above. Yes, multiple profiles.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Going to get this I think. Just unsure if I can play due to biking injuries to my arm (grade 2 separation and fractured radial bone at the elbow). Anything I can play on it?

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played it already today and its really fun and you get your exercise.
I praise nintendo again for being so innovative

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Mine's not coming until Tuesday but I'm loving these impressions. It sounds like a real deal workout that's gonna absolutely kick my ass.

Also I still prefer Dark Swoles as the OT title.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
For some reason I foresee someone breaking their ringcon within like 2 hours of getting it lol

efjo

Oct 3, 2018
So how much resistance does the ring have? This was made to last so I hope it's solid.
It's feels pretty solid but time will tell. I was just about able to reach 100% pushing in, and I could only reach about 80% pulling out. It's a decent bit of kit. After a few reps you really start to feel it.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Have to wait till Tuesday cause I guess I didn't pre-order early enough. I am disappoint Amazon

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely out of shape, over weight and haven't really done any kind of exercise in ages. I'm playing on difficulty level 11, and just finished the first world. Phew that was quite the work out but I had fun! Initially I bought it just for my fiance to play, but I figured I'd try it out. My legs are sore I'm out of breath and sweaty. But I'm already looking forward to my next session.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That main character fire hair lady is going to wind up in Smash.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
So how much resistance does the ring have? This was made to last so I hope it's solid.
Feels like a quality Pilates ring. If the electronics hold I have no reason to doubt it'll last for years. (I think they work on the electronics inside work with the joy-con battery instead of having their own internal system).

It's not the toughest or most resistant ring I have used, but gives solid response and works well within the game.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm weak AF.

I've played 26 minutes today at intense setting. I completed 4 levels (the entire first world plus the first level of the second world). I started with a pulse of 155 after the first level and I reached 184 bpm after the last exercise.

In terms of strenght I reach 96 pushing and a mediocre 56 pulling.

After today I was for sure sweaty and my quadriceps are pretty tired.

The quality of the sensors in the Joy Con really stand out in this game. It feels like a really solid experience.

Also the graphics are surprisingly nice I have to say.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
All I can say so far is that I do NOT look forward to doing more overhead presses. Holy shit that movement destroys me at difficulty 23.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How much room would you folks say is needed to properly move around? My house ain't to big and don't want to move furniture around. The garage has the ideal space but with winter coming I don't feel like being in there freezing to death.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Are there substitutes for some of the yoga poses? Also are the size strapping adjustbale? I'm on the large side on the scale.
I feel like the game is pretty lenient on your execution for the poses so you should be fine and there's a wide range of intensity settings.

Strap is adjustable and elastic too, I have pretty thick thighs and I was able to use it without problems.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
How much room would you folks say is needed to properly move around? My house ain't to big and don't want to move furniture around. The garage has the ideal space but with winter coming I don't feel like being in there freezing to death.

I did some quick measurements with the tape and you need at least 170cm to 200cm in front of the TV to be able to comfortably do the leg extension, and like 140cm to 160cm across. Be also aware of nearby or low hanging lamps.

Feb 16, 2018
I'm excited for this but I have one concern in that I live on a second story apartment so I want to be respectful of my down stairs neighbors. I get that there is a quiet mode but I also want a good workout. Anyone playing with a similar situation got any tips?

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
There seem to be out of stock in mediamarkt in spain.
Same happened with Astral Chain, Links Awakening and DQXI the first week.

Could get this for 9€ so I figured, why not.

Wow. It's way more fun than wii fit ever hoped to be
Where?
Or you are talking with some kind of point system at your choice store?

I'm excited for this but I have one concern in that I live on a second story apartment so I want to be respectful of my down stairs neighbors. I get that there is a quote mode but I also want a good workout. Anyone playing with a similar situation got any tips?

Probably getting a sports matress will help.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Probably getting a sports matress will help.

Usually called an exercise mat or a yoga mat in the US. Yes, buying an inexpensive thick foam mat will probably mitigate all issues.

But, TBH, pulsing to move forward will probably be a workout in and of itself. That movement targets the quads and specifically the muscles around the knee.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this but I have one concern in that I live on a second story apartment so I want to be respectful of my down stairs neighbors. I get that there is a quote mode but I also want a good workout. Anyone playing with a similar situation got any tips?

There's a quiet mode that has you doing half-squats instead of jogging to advance exactly for that reason. The rest of excercises I've found so far are extremely low impact on the floor.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Did you get this at Walmart and was it discounted? I checked Brickseek but it doesn't seem like it's in stock at any my local stores sadly and all pickup says is Wednesday...

Yeah I did and it was 69.99...I checked the stock on Walmart website before I went and it said none available store pickup at later date like you said....but I went anyway assuming it was a mistake and sure enough like 5 were sitting in the case...so maybe call your store?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did like 10 minutes to try it out. The game put me at difficulty 22 and I thought it has the potential to be a pretty good cardio workout. Gave me a good sweat at least. Will have to see once I'm more rested but my first impressions are pretty positive.

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
Just picked up a box myself. Haven't started the game yet, but the ring seems very durable! Looking forward to ruining my arms!

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did my first workout. Impressions:

- Controls really well. I like that the running part of the game has actual gameplay elements to distract you.
- Battles are tough... On the body. Two of the base four workouts including squatting in some way killed me, lol.
- The balance between running / battles / cooldown is really solid.
- This is the first workout session I've had where the actual workout is fun. I can see this becoming a daily routine, which was my hope when purchasing this.
- For people like me struggling with working out, this definitely is a proper one. Might not replace a gym but if you aren't going to a gym you have to start somewhere, right? Finding something to do rather than not doing anything is better.

Super pleased so far.

my ringcon has been buzzing at me for my 6:30 workout but i just ate but i feel bad 😞

This is why I have no plans to use the feature. I'll play when it fits my day.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit under the weather today, but spent 40 minutes or so with it and this seems great.
There's about 10 minutes of set-up to start with, and it only recorded "8 minutes" of exercising even though the session on my watch (started when the exercises began) was 30 minutes.
I guess because it's only counting actual "exercise" time, even though your heart rate is likely to stay somewhat elevated even in-between all that, depending on your fitness level.

I'm pretty bad for focusing on strength training and only doing low-intensity cardio (exercise bike while watching a movie or gaming) so I was 100/100 on the push/pull strength, and it's the jogging which pushes my heart rate up. The battle sequences felt like a "cool-down" time compared to getting there - you can see that with what I assume is the Dragaux fight toward the end. But I did also have the difficulty set low because I'm not in the best shape and wanted to be sure that this wouldn't aggravate some injuries.

Heart rate was within 5 bpm of an Apple Watch S4, but caloric estimates in the game seem low; again, probably because it's only an estimate for the "8 minutes" of exercise and not the 30 minutes of movement/elevated heart rate.
ringfit-totals-jtkds.png
heart-rate-x4jik.png

I really don't like the voice acting. It seems like only the ring actually has any, and you can turn it off after a couple of levels, but they should have options to switch the language for it. Breath of the Wild was a lot more tolerable after switching it from English to Japanese.
I would have preferred options to set a male/female instructor (Tipp), and set a player name rather than it defaulting to the profile name; but these are minor complaints.

I think my fears of it being too short were unfounded after hearing that the adventure mode is supposed to last 90 days at ~30 minutes a day.
Some previews had said 90 days of content at one hour a day of play, but I think 30 minutes/day is more realistic unless you already do a lot of these sort of exercises.
Looking forward to unlocking more challenging exercises as things progress.

Just bought it on my lunch break. Does it have dedicated stat tracking? Like to compare between profiles?
Yes, it keeps track of daily and cumulative totals for exercises:
todays-progress-pcjl7.png

Yes, you can also compare to friends and there's even worldwide leaderboards that compares you to other users in you age and ability range.
I have to admit that I was shocked to find that you need an online subscription just to use the leaderboards in the game.
I wanted to set my profile to private anyway, but doing that brought up the NSO sign-up process.

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
I've got the game and updated the app. Firmware and controllers are on the newest update as well. After first start up, the game asks me to put the Ringcon on a plane surface for calibration, and then nothing happens. Nothing.
Anyone else with the same problem? I don't have issues with my right joycon at all, could it be a defect ringcon (is there any tech in the ringcon itself)??

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I've got the game and updated the app. Firmware and controllers are on the newest update as well. After first start up, the game asks me to put the Ringcon on a plane surface for calibration, and then nothing happens. Nothing.
Anyone else with the same problem? I don't have issues with my right joycon at all, could it be a defect ringcon (is there any tech in the ringcon itself)??

It took a while for mine to kick in and calibrate.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Interesting metric within the global rankings. Tells you how many other players there are with the same birth year as you. When I played this morning there were 80 people born in 1989 on the rankings. Curious to see how the goes up Over the next couple weeks.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Seems like the only reason you couldn't do the game as is in a wheelchair is just the controller on the leg. Maybe someone could try strapping that controller to an arm or even to the ring itself and just doing the bits like the 'jogging in place' and squats motions exercises (which both seem to detect just rotation) using a different upper body motion instead.

Eg for squats maybe with the controller on the wrist you can do over the head triceps with a dumbell, running do a cycle motion with the arms with a lighter dumbell.

I don't have it though so I can't try that myself. Stuff that combines leg/ring might get a little weird ...
The gamexplain review mentions accessibility options such as auto-run and button presses to skip exercises you might be unable to do.
I'm sure one of the reviews mentioned a menu where you can substitute certain action for a button press to make things more accessible, but I don't have the game yet so I can't check.
Thanks, all. I'll look into it further then.