• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamit I forgot just how much I hate modern Nintendo handhelds and their batteries. They don't last more than a few days on stand by and then you have to charge it FOREVER before you can boot it up.

Gone are the days of OG Phat DS that you could leave for, like, half a year and still return to 50% battery left. -_-

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That title is amazing.

Yeah, so I preordered this when it was announced because I needed to start exercising and was having trouble finding something that worked for me. I've since found something I like, but I never bothered to cancel this, so I guess we'll see how this goes?

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I attended a health & wellbeing course with my work recently with a fairly famous health guru called Dr Briffa. He was quite positive in his assessment that 15 minutes of exercise a day is more beneficial in the long-term than going to the gym once or twice a week. I'm interested in seeing what this does for my personal fitness, as while I'm fairly slim, I'm certainly not fit.

Joei

Feb 3, 2018
I had no interest in this beforehand, but the OP has made me mildly interested. I'm curious to read other people's opinion.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I only did until the first boss fight and I'm already dead, this game make you sweat hard, phew.
You can choose individual profiles when in Adventure Mode. I haven't tried the other modes yet though, so I'm not sure if the same applies.
When you register a score, it asks which profile to attach it to.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Where can I buy a Ring-con/leg-strap?
I want to get the game digitally, no way I'm fiddling with a cart if this is going to be a part of my daily routine

Btw, great title but it should be "out of breath in the wild", doesn't really make sense as is imo

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Quick impressions

Did 45 minutes of ingame clock today, about one hour total with the menus, maps etc.

Intense level 20.

I am 38-year old, tad overweight but in physically good condition.

This is a real deal. I got to the second world and already there doing some of the battles consecutively was pretty good workout. You can absolutely break a sweat on this thing even if you are in a good condition. It's incredibly responsive and even though there are situations where you could cheat the game quite easily... well you can do that alone at the gym too.

Overall. I won't change anything else in my daily life, but will add 30-45 minutes of this and it'll be interesting to see the results for instance by the end of the year.

Nintendo has a knack of moving people. I want more games on this world, more events, sports, things to do. I want compatibility with the Wii Fit Board and everything else.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Decided to pick this up. Had a $20 gift certificate at Best Buy and still have GCU so I got it for less than $50.

I really want to get more into strength fitness, but I have been having trouble doing the most basic of classes and using the lowest amount of weight at the gym. Great at running, but nothing else.

Hoping this can help me get a good base level of strength that I can then transition into regular exercise at the gym.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Completely missed that you can tone down the exercises a bit ... good, otherwise i would've feared not only being Out-Of-Breath-of-the-Wild but also having a Skyward Pulse.

Man the Mrs. will get some prime entertainment during the holidays if my lazy ass really gets this game then.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Where can I buy a Ring-con/leg-strap?
I want to get the game digitally, no way I'm fiddling with a cart if this is going to be a part of my daily routine

Btw, great title but it should be "out of breath in the wild", doesn't really make sense as is imo
Unfortunately only japan got a digital version, not in e-shop, just a retail version with a code instead of cart.

smartazjb0y

Oct 18, 2019
Gonna disagree with the others, "Super Cardio Odyssey" was an amazing title and IMO fits better, since that's kinda exactly what it is!

JustJosh

Dec 11, 2018
Wisconsin, USA 🐮
Ok: I do crossfit 3 or 4 times a week and play a lot of high level DDR and PIU. The fucking first boss battle left me grasping for air. This shit is legit.

btw, the game set difficulty level 23 according to my responses.

Edit: in order to set alarms, the game itself updated the joycons. There's indeed also a menu that lets you substitute movements for button presses but I didn't pay much attention to it.
Excellent to hear! Sounds like it Ring Fit might be CrossFit Open workout 20.3 😉

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Picked up this morning along with a yoga mat that wqs clearanced for $5 at Walmart and did about ten minutes of excersize(first 3 levels) and I'm super impressed and happy with it, it's actually a really solid workout and legitimately fun.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only one hour left at work before I can go pick it up but the team played badminton over lunch and I am absolutely dead. I don't think I'll be able to properly test it tonight lmao.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im seriously impressed. Never believed in Wii fit and such. I hit the gym 3 times a week to stay thin and in shape. I tried 20m this. This advanced pectoral training. I was non stop curious how far it goes for grades. I stopped at around 162 s+ is it going higher ? Could have hit 200-250 maybe but I was getting a bit tired honestly :) in a good way

didn't even touch the story mode. This is genuinely great

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well after reading these impressions I'll bite. I seriously don't work out at all and it looks fun so maybe I'll be more motivated than Wii fit lol

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I work out 3-4 times a week, primarily strength training. I'm definitely interested because my ass hates cardio... Might grab it later today. Just wish there was a digital version, I hate carts.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Played World 1, am very impressed so far. I need to exercise more to help a back injury heal and love JRPGs so this is like insanely specific to my needs.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Played a few mini games and simple exercises to test the setup, and I'm really impressed with how well it works. Hoping that my partner and I both get into this, especially as I had lots of success with Wii Fit Plus in the past. (Hundreds of hours logged)

My only concern is where best to stand in my living room, especially as the only space with Floorspace has no visibility for the TV. Anyone playing this with just the Switch?

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to picking this up - I go to the gym frequently but I really want something engaging at home for days I can't make it to the gym or just want to supplement my work out.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Regarding the cart, gotta agree. Juggling Dragon Quest XI is already a pain.

I wish the ring connector had some sort of dongle to validate a downloaded version of the software, or even a permissive install that requested cart validation once per week.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to work on my stamina when jogging lol. Really fun but I felt it when I got to the last boss.

Do the calorie counters consider personal weight? It seemed very low compared to how I felt after finishing. It wasn't as intense as gym but it was decently close for me.

An excellent game to compliment my workout routine and way more enjoyable than the boxing game.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Does anyone know if Walmart will be taking $10 off the price like they do for many other new releases?

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
lol I think i'm too big of a guy for this, but my wife will enjoy it, I have been eating healthy and going to the gym everyday so hopefully I will be able to try it eventually!

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up this morning along with a yoga mat that wqs clearanced for $5 at Walmart and did about ten minutes of excersize(first 3 levels) and I'm super impressed and happy with it, it's actually a really solid workout and legitimately fun.

Did you get this at Walmart and was it discounted? I checked Brickseek but it doesn't seem like it's in stock at any my local stores sadly and all pickup says is Wednesday...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it took FOREVER to get this at Best Buy, because they didn't put it out anywhere. The poor rep was saying "the system says we have 15 in stock, but I have no idea where they put them"

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Look at it in a more positive way: having to swap the cart in and out isn't inconvenient, it's burning calories.

efjo

Oct 3, 2018
Well this kicked my butt more than I thought it would, I was sweating on the second level. I love it. I can still feel the burn in my quads from the squats.

My Apple Watch said I burned 385 calories in a 45 min session with heart rate peaking at 164 bpm. The heart rate measurements using the joycon IR camera were also on par with the watch.

Last edited:

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Did you get this at Walmart and was it discounted? I checked Brickseek but it doesn't seem like it's in stock at any my local stores sadly and all pickup says is Wednesday...

Does anyone know if Walmart will be taking $10 off the price like they do for many other new releases?

Yes. It was posted on the first page that it's $68.97 in store at Walmart.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
After my Amazon shipment was delayed I canceled and ordered for pickup at my local GameStop. They had to bring the shipping box out from the back as they hadn't put any out yet. Looking forward to giving this a try with my wife and kiddos.