• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Great idea for Evergreen Play

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
So we just got:

-rhythm mode
-jogging mode
-female Ring voice
- multi language support.
(See thread Here)

What I want to see in a future update (in no particular order):

1. Saved loadouts for battling. Instead of picking Exercise by exercise...being able to pick from my own pre selected loadouts to save time and focus my workout.

2. Option to turn on voice acting to eliminate excessive dialogue boxes which really slow the game down. And for more of the story to be told while you are moving rather than in between the action.

3. More customisation options for custom workouts. Right now you can only choose 3 workouts of approx 10 mins each with 20 reps maximum for each exercise. You can't even string them together and have to skip multiple warm up and cool down sessions to do so.

4. Faster navigation system within worlds. Another major time sink is navigating from one part of the map to the other. If you could select your destination (from those available)and get there immediately rather than moving one place at a time it would save precious exercise time.

5.Option to turn off manual smoothie making and/or shortcuts to make them more quickly. Smoothie making requires a lot of navigation and action. Would be great to have shortcuts to squeeze quickly or to have them crafted with 2 button presses max.

What would you like to see next from a future update?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
2. Nintendo don't do this. All their games are the same. You really notice when you are playing with a kid who can't read yet.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I've missed it I want an auto battle option that picks the most efficient attack from all the moves available to you.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Skipping tutorial for every move at each sessions would be a god send.
It stops me in my tracks and it's so fucking annoying.

YES, I KNOW HOW TO OPEN A CHEST.

I KNOW HOW TO DO THE VICTORY POSE.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
1, 3 and 4 seem like good updates. Don't really care for 2 or 5 honestly - smoothie making especially is meant to be exercise anyway, adding a shortcut kind of defeats the point.

I'd just like more songs for the rhythm game and maybe an extra environment or two for the usual running. Maybe an endless runner mode as well.

Tutorial skipping would be good too.

Jethro

Oct 30, 2017
I just want to have a Breath of the Wild DLC and you are able to run through Hyrule (as Link) and fighting enemies.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Random adventure sessions would be nice. Let me press a button to go on an adventure session with random paths, enemy groups, & elements. It would increase the length of the game to basically forever. They could even add new elements as time goes on (or save it for Ring Fit 2 which I also want!).

Tbh, anything they can add is very much appreciated. I'd buy a season pass with more stuff like the rhythm mode, which is AMAZING. Song DLC?

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My foot's been injured since January and I've been unable to play the adventure mode, since even the silent jogging is too much strain. So in addition to a only jogging mode, I'd appreciate a no-jogging one where you could play the adventure by just fighting the fights.

Oct 27, 2017

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think just an overall ability to just speed up the non exercise parts of the game.

I stopped playing because I would play the game for an hour and at best get about 30mins of actual workout

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I'd like to adjust difficulty for specific exercises, so I can keep a high enough rep count for upper body stuff while not destroying myself every time I do squats.

Great idea for evergreen play
OP
OP
Maverick14

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Random adventure sessions would be nice. Let me press a button to go on an adventure session with random paths, enemy groups, & elements. It would increase the length of the game to basically forever. They could even add new elements as time goes on (or save it for Ring Fit 2 which I also want!).

Tbh, anything they can add is very much appreciated. I'd buy a season pass with more stuff like the rhythm mode, which is AMAZING. Song DLC?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I think you covered most of my most wanted features as well: loadouts, easier crafting, less time wasting in between. I get that it's a game but still...most people are playing this for the exercise. Do some dialogue exposition during the courses as you say. Also the option to speed up the enemies' turn would help, option to turn off the spreadsheet of gained XP after every enemy killed, etc.

When I track my workout I see that I usually spend half of the time doing the exercise and half of the time...not doing the exercise. I think this can be improved a lot or at least make it optional.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
My foot's been injured since January and I've been unable to play the adventure mode, since even the silent jogging is too much strain. So in addition to a only jogging mode, I'd appreciate a no-jogging one where you could play the adventure by just fighting the fights.

There is an option in the game already where the character will auto-run for you.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I would absolutely love the ability to sync Ring Fit to my 3rd party service (Google Fit in my case). Also, the ability to use my old Wii Fit U pedometer and have my daily steps synced to Ring Fit would be great, as it could try to tailor my workout to my daily activity.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Load outs would be key. Not sure if there's more exercises they could patch in but I'd take them too.

Adding additional voiced lines was probably outside their budget so I doubt we'll get that. As solid as this game is, it's pretty clear they were constrained (which is part of why the game works so well... There's like no bloat)

Was coming in here to post basically the same thing. An infinite mode would be great or barring that a mode where you just fight enemies for as long as y

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want a "download the game to internal memory/SD card" option so that I don't have to switch out my current game just to exercise.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I'd kill the see them update their stock in stores

I've been trying to buy this game for about a month now. It is sold out everywhere. I don't want to pay $300 USD on amazon for an $80 game.

they could at least put it for sale on their digital store and allow me to buy a third party ring and leg strap.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want them to make it possible to use the ring-con to play Mario Kart

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Assuming that they're limited to Nintendo EPD franchises, can we please get some ARMS & Donkey Kong Country music?

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I've stopped playing the story mode because I just don't have the time to deal with all the RPG bullshit, as much as I think it's well-made. I just wish I could automate a bunch of it, and pick from my full slate of exercise routines in a fight simply because I want to try different things.

During quarantine, I've switched to individual "sets" in the non-story mode, and it kinda stinks the game doesn't track those? It's like it doesn't happen?

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I want an actual jogging mode, not just the same limited levels from Adventure Mode but empty. Was so bummed out by that in this update.

Give me an infinite course even if it's just a simple running track, and let me choose how long I want to go for rather than repeating the same .76 mile course multiple times. Wii Fit had it, and I'd like for Ring Fit to add one too.

Also I'd like an infinite new game plus option. I'm on the final NG+ they offer (NG++), and once it's done I don't know what I'm going to do. The progression is such a major aspect of the game for me. When you complete the skill tree early on in the first new game plus, it was pretty disappointing. The thought of my only option being to restart from scratch, even at a higher difficulty sounds counter intuitive to what I'm looking for.

I've stopped playing the story mode because I just don't have the time to deal with all the RPG bullshit, as much as I think it's well-made. I just wish I could automate a bunch of it, and pick from my full slate of exercise routines in a fight simply because I want to try different things.

During quarantine, I've switched to individual "sets" in the non-story mode, and it kinda stinks the game doesn't track those? It's like it doesn't happen?
Yeah it feels really odd that it doesn't track, given that it asks which profile you're using for leaderboard purposes. I also wish you could customize the adventure mode tracks with more tailored exercises rather than the sterile implementation of the Custom workouts we have now.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I go to custom workout every other day, because I simply haven't unlocked all the abs moves I want to do. Custom workouts don't count towards XP, so I'm even slower unlocking those workouts...

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
In the game, do you ever unlock the ability to upgrade the damage of your old skills? It would be nice if you could spend a skill point on it or something. I enjoy some of the early exercises but eventually they get totally outclassed in damage so there isn't a good reason to use them anymore.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
In the game, do you ever unlock the ability to upgrade the damage of your old skills? It would be nice if you could spend a skill point on it or something. I enjoy some of the early exercises but eventually they get totally outclassed in damage so there isn't a good reason to use them anymore.
You unlock newer versions of each skill that do that, until they're maxed out.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to be able to grind for exp (or even just have it data tracking) for when I do exercise sets or the new rhythm game or jogging. Some days I want an arm set and the RPG side of it isn't super conducive to a pure single-muscle workout (which is fine) but I'd love if some part of that was tracked or fed back into the story. Hell, as someone who wants more jogging in the game, I'm so excited to have the jogging mode, but imagine if it was an option in the story to go for a run through old areas and still get stuff from that :/

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I'd love to be able to grind for exp (or even just have it data tracking) for when I do exercise sets or the new rhythm game or jogging. Some days I want an arm set and the RPG side of it isn't super conducive to a pure single-muscle workout (which is fine) but I'd love if some part of that was tracked or fed back into the story. Hell, as someone who wants more jogging in the game, I'm so excited to have the jogging mode, but imagine if it was an option in the story to go for a run through old areas and still get stuff from that :/

Yeah, this is a huge part of the problem for me. I want my non-story workouts to feed some kind of progression *into* the story mode so I don't have to ever think about grinding.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
You unlock newer versions of each skill that do that, until they're maxed out.

As much as dislike scaling things in general, I feel like having an option or mode where the skills scale to your level instead of having fixed power levels would've alleviated this issue.

On the other hand I probably would not have used mountain climber again after the first time if it wasn't one of the higher powered skills for a little while.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
As much as dislike scaling things in general, I feel like having an option or mode where the skills scale to your level instead of having fixed power levels would've alleviated this issue.

On the other hand I probably would not have used mountain climber again after the first time if it wasn't one of the higher powered skills for a little while.
Hm, yeah that's a good call.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1 major change, please Nintendo let me finish my excerise even if the enemy is defeated. I feel so unfulfilled