• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what's up with this game? I've been checking a few stores online like Best Buy and Amazon and apparently it's sold out? Is there a shortage or something, because it's been like this for a couple weeks now.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
There are some things I absolutely can't stand about this game.

The trainer's voice, which I disabled.
Instructions on how to perform a workout every single time you have to do it.
AB GUARD
VICTORY POSE

Other than that, and perhaps some things I'm forgetting, it has definitely got me to work out a lot more than other methods.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Any advice on how to keep the leg strap from sliding? I have it as tight as I can and it still frequently slides during jogging.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
So what's up with this game? I've been checking a few stores online like Best Buy and Amazon and apparently it's sold out? Is there a shortage or something, because it's been like this for a couple weeks now.
It's a great game and availability seems to have been very limited since before Christmas. The good reception seems to have led to demand outweighing demand.

I bought it for a bit of fun and now use it as an exercise tool when I can't get to the gym

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
There are somethings I absolutely can't stand about this game.

AB GUARD
VICTORY POSE

Other than that, and perhaps some things I'm forgetting, it has definitely got me to work out a lot more than other methods.

Victory Pose and Instructions annoy me, the other stuff not so much. Especially the trainers voice, quite motivational to me.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know how I know this game works for me more than any other workout method, I had to miss my workout yesterday just because of life stuff and normally I get upset because I ruined my routine and that's what makes me quit, losing the workout in my own time. This time I'm more upset because I wanted to play the game, so I'm more looking forward to playing again rather then thinking about missing part of the schedule.

Mentally this means for idiot me I can handle life making me miss more meaning it's easier to stick to it.

You'll unlock more slots soon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are somethings I absolutely can't stand about this game.

AB GUARD
VICTORY POSE

Having the instructions every single time you perform a workout is extremely annoying. Biggest frustration with the game for me.

Any other developer would at least give you the option to turn it off. But not Nintendo.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone do the pre-sets in the extras? Curious as to how many one should do if you're doing the hardcore setting.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
keep it on your actual leg.
?? I could have sworn when I tried this it was so much worse.
I've been putting it over the top of my clothes to get it to stay up.
Maybe it wasn't tight enough....

Either way, I'm around 30 days in, been going low carb breakfast and lunch and then dinner is anything goes (within reason) and doing ring fit Monday, Wednesday Friday.
I'm about 2.5kgs down so far, so not super fast, but steady :D And I'm enjoying the game a lot so definitely going to keep with it and see if I can hit my goal of losing 20kgs this year.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm on the last world and if there's one thing I wish I could change it'd be to disable instructions for stuff like the victory pose. I still don't understand what the trigger is for that as I can go days without it popping up.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm on the last world and if there's one thing I wish I could change it'd be to disable instructions for stuff like the victory pose. I still don't understand what the trigger is for that as I can go days without it popping up.
Those pop up when the joycons need to re-calibrate. I agree it's a touch annoying, but I guess I prefer that to it saying "RECALIBRATING" all the time.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Those pop up when the joycons need to re-calibrate. I agree it's a touch annoying, but I guess I prefer that to it saying "RECALIBRATING" all the time.

I thought they recalibrated before every real exercise? What is the victory pose doing that standing still to establish a starting position isn't?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
?? I could have sworn when I tried this it was so much worse.
I've been putting it over the top of my clothes to get it to stay up.
Maybe it wasn't tight enough....

It will depend on the material your clothes are made of. A lot of shorts, especially gym shorts, will be slippery for the strap to stay on properly

I play RFA with a pair of pajama bottoms on, so the material is a rougher flannel material, and the strap stays on fine

As Buttonbasher said, I think it's related to calibrations. If you have done a squat at some point in the workout, I don't think you'll see the victory pose set-up come on, or at least it will be less likely

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't suppose there's even the remote possibility of an estimated timeframe when new copies will circulate again? I imagine that's impossible to determine given the current troubles, but I wanted to check anyway.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose there's even the remote possibility of an estimated timeframe when new copies will circulate again? I imagine that's impossible to determine given the current troubles, but I wanted to check anyway.

What region are you in? There is apparently some stock in parts of Europe at the moment.

They're producing new stock constantly, it's just really in demand everywhere at the moment. And I guess the ring itself (and coronavirus affecting factories) is limiting the amount they can produce quickly.

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
Speaking of the leg strap... Where should the controller be facing? To the side or more Up front?

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Cross-posting from the OT, but I thought folks might find the data interesting:

I finished up the first NG+ last night!

My stats:
Days Played: 128
Time spent actively exercising: 55:34:49
Calories Burned: 21990.27
Distance ran: 161.60 miles
Total Ring Presses: 34069

Still a really huge fan. My arms are considerably more toned than they were when I started, specifically on my biceps. I had little to no definition before, whereas now I have distinct visible change there, and on my shoulder and neck muscles. I've mentioned before that I was never a runner in life, and had pretty severe anxiety about doing it after some tumultuous PE class trauma as a kid. That's all to say that I was able to run three miles around the outdoor track near my home, without stopping, this past week. The whole thing has been genuinely life changing, and I'm so appreciative for how this game eases you into the world of exercise. It's supportive all the way.

Was kind of disappointed to see them say that the second NG+ is the last one. I'm hoping there's some kind of indefinite adventure mode at the end, or planned as DLC. I'd also love if they added additional skill tree stuff to work toward, since that maxes out early into the first NG+

I hope the impressive sales figures will lead to DLC, and/or a sequel.

I'm thankful that this game exists.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a copy of Ring Fit Adventure at Target last night. Almost nabbed it, but I've got so much else to play at the moment.

It's not really a game that takes up time from others though. You spend maybe 45 minutes doing a few stages and then call it a day. I've been going for about 80 days and I'm just getting to the last world of the "maingame."

It's super nice to have something to get me off my ass when I've just been playing an RPG for hours for instance.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, what is the average length of everyone's workouts? Usually I'll call it quits after about 15 minutes of actual exercise (which is more like 30-45 minutes of game time, since it only tracks the time you're actually moving) but I feel like I should be doing more.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's not really a game that takes up time from others though. You spend maybe 45 minutes doing a few stages and then call it a day. I've been going for about 80 days and I'm just getting to the last world of the "maingame."

It's super nice to have something to get me off my ass when I've just been playing an RPG for hours for instance.

Ah well, it's probably long gone by now anyway.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I'm curious, what is the average length of everyone's workouts? Usually I'll call it quits after about 15 minutes of actual exercise (which is more like 30-45 minutes of game time, since it only tracks the time you're actually moving) but I feel like I should be doing more.
I average around 15-30 minutes of actual exercise (30-60 minutes realtime). Pretty early on, I shifted my goals toward set things like making sure I jog at least one mile, burn at least 200 calories, and complete the 500 bonus reps you can earn while the console is in rest mode. It made things more attainable, rather than just focusing on my total time spent.

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
I'm loving this game. I've been playing it for a month and I want to play more as time goes by. Didn't expect it to be as good as it is.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Does the downtime between exercises get better after the 1st World?

I think I was playing for around 40 minutes and only got about 12 minutes of actual exercise.

If not I doubt I'll continue using it and just go back to normal routines outside of the game. Just doesn't feel like an efficient use of time.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Does the downtime between exercises get better after the 1st World?

I think I was playing for around 40 minutes and only got about 12 minutes of actual exercise.

If not I doubt I'll continue using it and just go back to normal routines outside of the game. Just doesn't feel like an efficient use of time.
Totally. The bigger story stuff is pretty frontloaded. It also quickly starts adding new exercise moves, rather than just limiting you to mostly squats.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Hmmm, I've been meaning to introduce my GF to gaming and she always wants to do some workout but the cold weather is brutal here. Might pitch this a fun way to do both.

I assume that in typical Nintendo fashion it's very casual friendly and accessible?

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Cross-posting from the OT, but I thought folks might find the data interesting:

I finished up the first NG+ last night!

My stats:
Days Played: 128
Time spent actively exercising: 55:34:49
Calories Burned: 21990.27
Distance ran: 161.60 miles
Total Ring Presses: 34069

Still a really huge fan. My arms are considerably more toned than they were when I started, specifically on my biceps. I had little to no definition before, whereas now I have distinct visible change there, and on my shoulder and neck muscles. I've mentioned before that I was never a runner in life, and had pretty severe anxiety about doing it after some tumultuous PE class trauma as a kid. That's all to say that I was able to run three miles around the outdoor track near my home, without stopping, this past week. The whole thing has been genuinely life changing, and I'm so appreciative for how this game eases you into the world of exercise. It's supportive all the way.

Was kind of disappointed to see them say that the second NG+ is the last one. I'm hoping there's some kind of indefinite adventure mode at the end, or planned as DLC. I'd also love if they added additional skill tree stuff to work toward, since that maxes out early into the first NG+

I hope the impressive sales figures will lead to DLC, and/or a sequel.

I'm thankful that this game exists.
That's awesome! Glad to hear it's been such a positive thing for you. I'm only playing once a week currently, but would love to play more. I really enjoy it too.

Do I get to add an extra exercise slot at some point as I would like to have more variety in the moveset?

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! Glad to hear it's been such a positive thing for you. I'm only playing once a week currently, but would love to play more. I really enjoy it too.

Do I get to add an extra exercise slot at some point as I would like to have more variety in the moveset?

Yeah you get to expand it several times, I think to a max of 10.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Speaking of the leg strap... Where should the controller be facing? To the side or more Up front?

It HAS to be Up front or some of the exercises will get thrown off and be less effective. It took me a while to realize this one

Saw a copy of Ring Fit Adventure at Target last night. Almost nabbed it, but I've got so much else to play at the moment.

Seconding that this is a game that is tailor made for short sessions. I also thought getting it would affect my backlog but it wasn't the case for me. Unless you are a gymrat already, you will probably be playing the game anywhere between 15-60min a session. The game often reminds you its time to cooldown and not to overexert yourself.

For me, its been a nice change of pace to have in a gaming "backlog"

edit: lol lttp to all those responses but /shrug

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Would love to get this but living on the second floor of a cheaply made apartment isn't conducive to running inside.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Would love to get this but living on the second floor of a cheaply made apartment isn't conducive to running inside.
You can do the "silent" jogging which is just kind of bouncing up and down. That's what we do on our second floor apartment. Probably no where near as good as actually jogging in place, but it's something.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
You can do the "silent" jogging which is just kind of bouncing up and down. That's what we do on our second floor apartment. Probably no where near as good as actually jogging in place, but it's something.

Yeah I thought about that, but you vastly underestimate how thin the walls/floors are in some of these Japanese apartments can possibly be haha. Even I'm surprised at how much I can hear when people are me are just talking in a normal indoor voice!