• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some exercices are so deceiving. You start doing them and they seem pretty easy and useless. You wake up the day after with some random pain asking yourself wth is happening. Then you remember that "harmless" exercise
This is me right now, I did that standing twist thing like 3 or 4 times yesterday, thinking i'm just twisting, whatever, enemies are weak to it.

My fuckin sides today LOL

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You guys ever do the ab guard and have the ring con slip downwards and, well...

CQzjk2D.gif

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after some good improvement during the summer, I'm now back in the worst shape of my life. I wfh 9-5 so have no chance of going out outside to exercise during the week, and obv gyms/leisure centres are shut. this seems to have staying power that other excercise games have lacked so I'm looking forward to playing this. Only really have done cardio so I'm sure I'll notice even small improvements as a result of this game.

bought this from The Gamery in the uk. never heard of them before but it was through paypal at least so there should be some protection.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I mean, he's blunt, but not wrong. The OP already had very little body fat, and you can't see muscle definition if your muscle is coated with a layer of fat.

That's not to say his definition isn't impressive. I'd kill to have my body look like his. It just isn't representative of the average player who's carrying more weight and hoping this game is the magic ticket to a beach body.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I mean, he's blunt, but not wrong. The OP already had very little body fat, and you can't see muscle definition if your muscle is coated with a layer of fat.

That's not to say his definition isn't impressive. I'd kill to have my body look like his. It just isn't representative of the average player who's carrying more weight and hoping this game is the magic ticket to a beach body.
I doubt anybody here is expecting this game to give them a beach body. it's good to keep you in shape and lose some weight

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

There isn't much for resistance so to build actual muscle will be hard. What it is designed for to me is to improve stamina and get your heart rate up. Which it does.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

CQzjk2D.gif

I don't have a full erection when playing, so no.

Edit: You know what, right after posting this I went to play Ring Fit. I did a Dragaux boss fight and he was one hit away from me beating him. On the final ab guard, the ring-con slipped, hit me down there, and I took full damage from his attack and lost. So... I apologize for my previous comment.

Last edited:

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally on the final world and I still can't get the damn plank to work for me! Every other exercise in the game is flawless but the plank just refuses to register! Such a bummer

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nearing three weeks of daily play. Arm is a bit sore now, which I might attribute to one of the yoga poses. Legs are feeling fine, which is unexpected considering I struggle with the wide squats, which the game wants me to do a lot these days.

One of the most exciting developments was when I unlocked the skill tree, and I'm always intrigued when a new move pops up. This thing is getting me to move in ways I never did before, and I'm having a (relatively) great time doing it because it gives me feedback that I'm doing it correctly through a game interface, which is probably the best motivator I've ever had.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Four stages away on finishing world 23! (which should take me two days - I hardly go over 15 minutes on the ingame timer).
Going to spend some time on custom workouts after that so I can vary more on the skills without worrying about damage and AoE...

CQzjk2D.gif

Never had a slipping problem with ab guard. But on the twisting minigame with the robots with shields? Oh man. I now wrap a towel against the handle that goes against my ab so it doesn't slip like every twist.

RBTeemo

Oct 24, 2020
Partner picked it up a few days ago so I've been doing at least 30 mins of the in game time each day through the adventure mode. Absolutely loving the turn based combat system and how the level system is tricking me into replaying stages to grind xp, not so much loving how unfit it's made me realise I am and how sore I feel the next morning. It's actually got me excited to exercise daily and that's more than can be said for anything else I've tried

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else having issues with the Plank exercise? The game has trouble recognizing my movement.
Usually has to do with the leg strap shifting too far to the side, in my experience. Regardless it can be especially finicky with that exercise and it makes it... particularly hard when you've gotta go through the motions of being like "hi I'm flat like I'm literally collapsed on the floor please do the thing"

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Usually has to do with the leg strap shifting too far to the side, in my experience. Regardless it can be especially finicky with that exercise and it makes it... particularly hard when you've gotta go through the motions of being like "hi I'm flat like I'm literally collapsed on the floor please do the thing"
You mean the joycon on my leg should be facing the ground? I am afraid to damage the joystick. These things are already not well built

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Does the IR pulse reader actually work? The last couple of times, I've been absolutely drained and pouring sweat with the reader saying that I'm only doing light exercise according to my pulse. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Adventure mode started to taper off for me after I started unlocking a bunch more powerful exercises that I felt were less effective than squats (which eventually suck power-wise), but I just started doing Quickplay sets and they are so great. Now I can just pop on and do legs + upper arms plus a yoga or jogging and be done in 20 minutes. Lotta fun.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
You mean the joycon on my leg should be facing the ground? I am afraid to damage the joystick. These things are already not well built
Yes for plank exercise it should be facing the ground. I used to have issues at first, but haven't had issues with that exercise in a very long time. Almost at 2k planks. Either the joy-con or posture that's the problem

The pulse reader is garbage, just skip it

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does the IR pulse reader actually work? The last couple of times, I've been absolutely drained and pouring sweat with the reader saying that I'm only doing light exercise according to my pulse. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

It and my Apple Watch always say the same thing, so it's either very accurate, or it and my Apple Watch are both inaccurate.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else having issues with the Plank exercise? The game has trouble recognizing my movement.
Yeah, I find it's the game's least accurately tracked excercise and it's frustrating because the net effect is that it usually wants me to keep planking lower and lower until I just hit the floor.

The best fix I've found for it is to move pretty slow when changing from the arched pose to the planked pose. It seemed like moving quickly between those two was what was messing it up and slowly shifting the center downward.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

I came to post this. I just unlocked it last night for the first time (on world 3) and damnit it only registered the movement half the time. I was kinda dying for a bit. I have a tough time doing those hip raising planks without shoes on as well and I have been playing the game without shoes for a while now.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm so apparently the plank implementation in ring fit is one of the worst skills in the game according to a personal fitness trainer due to the sensors, it's high skill level to perform correctly and there's other skills that work those set of muscles better. I personally haven't had too many issues with the skill, but it's good to know going forward. Some people do push-ups instead of planks. I'm going to try doing commando planks going forward

I'm surprised knee raises didn't make the list lol.

Last edited:

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Hmm so apparently the plank implementation in ring fit is one of the worst skills in the game according to a personal fitness trainer due to the sensors, it's high skill level to perform correctly and there's other skills that work those set of muscles better. I personally haven't had too many issues with the skill, but it's good to know going forward. Some people do push-ups instead of planks. I'm going to try doing commando planks going forward

Doing push-ups is a good idea instead of the plank. Is there a push-up skill as well? I am not that far yet.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

I like that he takes into account the gaming part of the exercises (damage)

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

I watched this and I have most of these on my fit skill bar oh fuck lol

Yeldres

Nov 6, 2017
Santiago, Chile

LOL, I use 4/5.
Overhead arm twist it has to be the cheapest skill of the game. I use this skill to rest while doing the most damage to a single enemy.
Mountain climber I agree, is a hard skill to do correctly. I haven't used it in awhile though.
I love boat pose. Whenever I have the chance, I use this skill.
Overhead arm spin is another (somewhat) cheap skill. But it does great damage to 5 enemies at once.
The plank is hard, but for me at least, I never had problems with the sensor to register the move. I agree about being a skill to hard to perform for people starting doing a fitness routine.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Started working through world 5 today. Between the mountain climbers in the early game gym level and that I just unlocked wide squats, plus that this world is huge, it feels like the real Fit Souls starts now.

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
The plank is hard, but for me at least, I never had problems with the sensor to register the move.
The hardest part with plank is having a good starting posture: if your legs are too low when the game decide your lower position, you may need to touch the floor before the game recognize a full move 🙁 I made this mistake the first couple of times I did plank (between heavy swearing on my part, because planks are hard to do... But the first time I was able to do them all in one go, without spending time laying on the floor between two planks, I was very satisfied and proud 😄).
Between the mountain climbers in the early game gym level
I don't know what they are thinking with those gym levels and their insane number of mountain climbers rounds: I tried to do them all the first time, but after that, I just took the joy-con outside of the leg strap and faked its movement (🤫).

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
I've never had a problem with the plank personally, but I've never had mountain climbers register correctly, which is particularly irritating considering it's one of the more intense exercises.

Oct 28, 2017
These gym challenges like doing a perfect dread mill without ever standing still or doing a perfect robot discs hitting are insanely hard. I just skipped all of these in the end.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Hah, I use both those arm moves regularly. But after watching this video and the one he did about the best exercises, I now use the arm moves as "resting" moves between harder/more effective moves like wide squats and the one where you kind of lunge, hold up the Ring-Con, and turn to the side (blanking on the name). Have to say, I felt the difference when I emphasized the "better" moves.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
So after one week, I've reached world 5 and level 39. Wasn't feeling the game at first but I stuck with it and I'm really enjoying it now! I've been a bit worried that 30 minutes a day may not be enough, but right now it's all I can handle (though i can push further some days).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So after one week, I've reached world 5 and level 39. Wasn't feeling the game at first but I stuck with it and I'm really enjoying it now! I've been a bit worried that 30 minutes a day may not be enough, but right now it's all I can handle (though i can push further some days).
Don't be afraid to give yourself a shorter workout as break days if you're set on doing RFA daily.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
just started the game like 3 days ago... should i activate the option to finish the exercise even when the ennemy is dead? Not sure if it's good to stop only after a few rep...

also the detection is really bad sometime, i'm not sure this takes height into account, like for the squat, i'm the lowest possible and it still doesn't do a "great" hit, while other time it works perfectly, it's a bit annoying

also what does difficulty change? ennemy HP or something? I wish the game would support you a bit more, i have no idea if i should keep that difficulty, or stop for the day when they ask, or raising the difficulty and so on... like depending on the levels some exercise i will do way less and in the end you don't really have a routine, it's all random

i like the game but i'm not sure what i should do and it's only been 3 days

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
just started the game like 3 days ago... should i activate the option to finish the exercise even when the ennemy is dead? Not sure if it's good to stop only after a few rep...
(I'm only a normal guy playing the game, I have no special knowledge about sports)
I use this option only with left/right exercises, because I think it's better to work both sides of my body. But for other exercises, I don't use it and I don't feel bad when I kill a monster after three planks. 😁
also the detection is really bad sometime, i'm not sure this takes height into account, like for the squat, i'm the lowest possible and it still doesn't do a 'great' hit, while other time it works perfectly, it's a bit annoying
You could try to change the position of the leg strap: I read it could cause those kinds of problems.
also what does difficulty change?
Each exercise will be harder: more rounds to do, a longer time to keep a position, etc. I don't remember if it changes monsters' HP or Power.
I wish the game would support you a bit more, i have no idea if i should keep that difficulty, or stop for the day when they ask, or raising the difficulty and so on... like depending on the levels some exercise i will do way less and in the end you don't really have a routine, it's all random
The first couples of weeks, I played till the game asked me if I wanted to continue. I may have changed the difficulty once or two, but after those couple of weeks, my goal was to be able, first, to play each day and second, to play longer each day, ultimately till the game said I had 30 minutes of activity (it took a couple of weeks to be able to achieve both goals). Only then did I begin to change the difficulty, and I changed it only after I was able to do the most difficult exercise in one go, without lying on the ground, sweating and cursing the dev team... 🤓

I think the best tip to follow is 'follow your body, don't try to overachieve anything'. It's a long and enjoyable adventure and the game will never judge you: Ring is always positive, will always encourage you, even if you are taking your time to rest between each round of an exercise you find hard to do, even if you are playing at the lowest difficulty level.

The way the game add exercises, sometimes you will have easy exercises doing a lot more damages than harder exercises, but, it will rarely last longer than a couple of levels and I think the game does a good job making us try new exercises. Don't feel bad if you don't like some of them: I have an intense dislike for a couple of them and I was able to beat the big bad dragon without most of them (I grew fond of one or two of those disliked exercises, but they were not mandatory).

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm always affraid to chose poorly in term of exercises... i wish the game was selecting them for you, or that it would let more exercise in your list for the level...

your first instinct is to focus on damage, but you end up doing the same exercise most of the time... i thought the game would help you more in that departement, i have no idea how much i should do an exercise, what to avoid, what to do more, and so on... I'm bad at making decisions

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh dear. I wish I'd maintained the physio excercises for my knee over the last year at least, this game is making me ache everywhere. First played it on Friday, felt good afterwards but didn't do much of a cooldown and then was sore for most of saturday and of all Sunday, likely exacerbated by my 2nd attempt at dragaux today. despite the aches I already felt a bit better doing the stretches, but need to get less gassed and aim for half an hour.

No matter what I do the game will not recognise me doing the chair pose, unless I actually sit down lol. I'm almost relieved, it's bloody hard to do.

Last edited: