• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
UK here, just missed the Nintendo Store stock. Any idea of how often new stock comes in? Seeing some of the impressions in this thread makes it seem perfect for how I generally exercise and what my goals are.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
You made that progress op, just by playing Ring Fit? You might have convinced me to buy the game if you truly did that just through the game. I always thought Ringfit was best for overweight people to lose weight but not really for skinny people to build any kind of muscle.

Also I should say well done as well, that is great progress made and you look great.
I can say that I've definitely gained some muscles since I started. It's probably not the ideal way to gain it but ever since I started my legs especially are much stronger (and super hard if I contract them), I have some abs and I always finish my routine with some pure arms exercises. You won't become a body builder that way but strating from zero I'm definitely seeing the improvement.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Ring Fit Adventure in 2019 and didn't really play it much. I was already playing stuff like Just Dance and going out every week to ice skate, so I was pretty physically active. My old job also had me doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Then the pandemic hit and I stuck to workouts on YT and Just Dance. Fell off of it when wfh stress hit me hard, then gained a lot of weight in my belly from soda consumption and stress from the election. In three months I gained way too much weight.

So on January 1st I picked Ring Fit Adventure back up. Had to lower my difficulty from 24 all the way to 8 which sucked since I knew I could do it before.

I also have chronic pain so I have been taking it easy with a 15 min workout every day except Saturday.

I've definitely seen a bit of a difference in my belly now that I am on Day 11 of my routine. Nothing significant but I think the daily workout is getting my metabolism revved up again.

I'm not even looking to lose a ton of weight. I just want to trim down my belly back to my pre-election size and then work from there.

I plan on bumping up the difficulty next week and work on my endurance so I can do longer workouts.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Ring Fit is really great and perfect for lockdown while wfh. I've started using it again on my lunch breaks it's nice just to get more active being stuck at home as not allowed to go out more than once a day over here in U.K. and the weather is awful.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So I have had this almost since it came out, played an hour or so and forgot about it honestly. I have decided to pick it back up and give it a go again. I am surprised how quickly it gets your heart pumping.

My question to others that have been playing is how long do you play for? I have only been playing it for around 15-20 minutes before I get my two young boys in the bath (they like watching/participating) but I feel like I need to do it a little longer or do I need to up the difficulty?

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
UK here, just missed the Nintendo Store stock. Any idea of how often new stock comes in? Seeing some of the impressions in this thread makes it seem perfect for how I generally exercise and what my goals are.
I managed to get one yesterday using Stock Informer, seems like Nintendo are getting it fairly regularly and keep stock in for at least a few hours, compared to Curry's which was my preferred option as it's about £10 cheaper with the FNDDGAME code (plus I'd have knocked another £5 off with my work reward scheme), but their stock seems to go in less than 10 minutes so it's difficult to get them.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Some exercices are so deceiving. You start doing them and they seem pretty easy and useless. You wake up the day after with some random pain asking yourself wth is happening. Then you remember that "harmless" exercise

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I just bought mine this weekend! Having a lot of fun with it so far. I wasn't doing any sort of exercising so I'm hoping this will help me get used to working out again.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
So I have had this almost since it came out, played an hour or so and forgot about it honestly. I have decided to pick it back up and give it a go again. I am surprised how quickly it gets your heart pumping.

My question to others that have been playing is how long do you play for? I have only been playing it for around 15-20 minutes before I get my two young boys in the bath (they like watching/participating) but I feel like I need to do it a little longer or do I need to up the difficulty?
15-20 minutes is fine, for adventure mode that is about 1 level? Yeah I was averaging that in the beginning, as time progresses you will work your way up. I'm at about 30 min average each session. Naturally the levels can be longer as you progress, because there might be more enemies, tougher enemies and so on, so one level could get up to 30 minutes sometimes. The most important thing is to be consistent, and as you progress; try various exercises.

Playing for long, takes a lot of time. 45 minute session in game could take an 1hr 30min to 2hrs for me.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
15-20 minutes is fine, for adventure mode that is about 1 level? Yeah I was averaging that in the beginning, as time progresses you will work your way up. I'm at about 30 min average each session. Naturally the levels can be longer as you progress, because there might be more enemies, tougher enemies and so on, so one level could get up to 30 minutes sometimes. The most important thing is to be consistent, and as you progress; try various exercises.

Playing for long, takes a lot of time. 45 minute session in game could take an 1hr 30min to 2hrs for me.

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to do two levels per night. I just beat the second world so I am still pretty early on I believe. How many worlds are there?

Oct 26, 2017

I saw some on shopto couple of months ago and they weren't really expensive :/ didn't have the money to get one then and now it's back to either out of stock or £100 :c

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I too picked this up because of covid. I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week in non-covid times, but this game's got me sweatin.

May 17, 2020
I'm always excited to see this thread making its way to the front page. Its nice to see new people enjoying it. I hope you all are having tons of fun, this was definitely my favorite game last year.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to do two levels per night. I just beat the second world so I am still pretty early on I believe. How many worlds are there?
I have no idea, I've been playing for 50+ days and I'm on the 9th world. But as you progress there's more levels per world and there's also some side quests if you chose to do them

Last edited:

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Been playing a lot of this! My Apple Watch shows a wildly different amount of calories burnt than the game does. Which one do I believe?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a lot of this! My Apple Watch shows a wildly different amount of calories burnt than the game does. Which one do I believe?
Both are approximate though, but the game only counts burnt calories while doing exercices, even between two moves it stops counting until you move again, so it's way lower in the game.
You can see when it goes up in the game by changing what is shown in the lower-left corner with RZ (time, distance, calories).

My Garmin watch usually shows 3x more calories than the game (and is more accurate as it mesures my heart-rate with a chest strap).

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Started this today in pursuit of ways to freshen up my workout routines without the gym ( Also picking up DDR again for the first time in like 7 years).

Thinking I was the big man, I chose Extreme difficulty and played through the first 3 levels (including the boss fight).

Oh. My. God. Huuuge mistake, this game is NOT a joke!

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can say that I've definitely gained some muscles since I started. It's probably not the ideal way to gain it but ever since I started my legs especially are much stronger (and super hard if I contract them), I have some abs and I always finish my routine with some pure arms exercises. You won't become a body builder that way but strating from zero I'm definitely seeing the improvement.
What do you mean you finish your routine with pure arm exercises? Like ring fit has pure arm exercises, or you mean you finish playing the game and then go lift weights?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean you finish your routine with pure arm exercises? Like ring fit has pure arm exercises, or you mean you finish playing the game and then go lift weights?
No I mean before ending my session in the story mode I do like one last map with only red attacks that make you squeeze the ring con.

CoolRanchLuke

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RFA has saved my Switch's life lol, it was a paper weight but I bought ring fit for my wife since she was getting sick of YouTube at home workout videos. She loves it and gets all competitive and even focuses on the RPG elements which is insane because she is not a gamer by any standard. Interested to see where they take the series, maybe some more equipment to hit different moves. Good game, put Dragaux in smash

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
I've been working on this for a while. Finally hit 3000 overhead squat reps!! So proud of this!!!!! With avg of 4 seconds per squat, that's 3.3 HOURS of squatting 😂😜

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to try this again. I originally bought it for my wife to use, but I tried it and barely broke a sweat. I did silent mode just to save the wear and tear on my knees, but I think I'll turn that off to see if it makes a difference.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm going to try this again. I originally bought it for my wife to use, but I tried it and barely broke a sweat. I did silent mode just to save the wear and tear on my knees, but I think I'll turn that off to see if it makes a difference.
Yeah, usually going for 45 minutes with the full workout works up a good sweat for me.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I dropped off of this at the end of 2020 and beginning of this year. Still doing exercise in other ways, but with other stuff going on in my personal life just wasn't really feeling booting it up and stuff. But I do plan to jump back into probably next week. I checked my timer and I'm well over the 100 hour mark lol.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered my copy and should arrive on Saturday. Looking forward to trying it out and seeing if it can make a long term difference for me.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
my copy came like a day early today.

I did the first two levels on like the lowest difficulty because I'm real overweight and haven't had any decent exercise in a while

pretty good, but my lack of stamina shows real bad

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I've been working on this for a while. Finally hit 3000 overhead squat reps!! So proud of this!!!!! With avg of 4 seconds per squat, that's 3.3 HOURS of squatting 😂😜

Insane. I did my first set of 32 overhead squats and I have to take a break, my legs are killing me. I find it way harder than wide squats.
my copy came like a day early today.

I did the first two levels on like the lowest difficulty because I'm real overweight and haven't had any decent exercise in a while

pretty good, but my lack of stamina shows real bad

The most important thing is to keep going, but also listen to your body, when it wants to rest.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
Finally pulled the trigger on this because the second lockdown has definitively killed the remainder of any fitness I still had :p. Surprised at how beautiful, fun and effective it is. Nintendo has gotten REALLY good at using gyroscopes.

Had to up the intensity a tad but since then it's been killing me xD. Had to disable the voices though, both English and Dutch were a tad too annoying to my ears.

(Great that the option to disable voices is there at all though!)

qssm

Oct 26, 2017

What kind of black magic is this? I have been playing this for little over 100 days and I still can do only one set of squats and I'm dead.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
You were very skinny so any muscle gains are very noticeable, I have more fat so even If i gain muscle with the game it's hard to notice.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
Insane. I did my first set of 32 overhead squats and I have to take a break, my legs are killing me. I find it way harder than wide squats.

Sheer iron will. Seemed to be the most physically difficult exercise after already hitting 2k standard squats. Plus we bought a 3 story house so I figured leg strength would be good for all those stairs.

Seriously I'm so much more proud of this crazy title than Platinuming a game.

Usually manage around 96 squats per workout on difficulty 28.

Anyone else want to share their hard-earned titles???

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I sold this a while back, but this thread makes me want to dust off my Cobalt Flux DDR pad to see how terrible I am after not really playing for 15+ years. LOL

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up from Best Buy today. Only did level 1, but I could feel my legs getting sore after the squats. I will say the ab defender (defence move vs. an attack) did absolutely nothing for me.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Sheer iron will. Seemed to be the most physically difficult exercise after already hitting 2k standard squats. Plus we bought a 3 story house so I figured leg strength would be good for all those stairs.

Seriously I'm so much more proud of this crazy title than Platinuming a game.

Usually manage around 96 squats per workout on difficulty 28.

Anyone else want to share their hard-earned titles???
96 squats per workout?! Your knees are made of steel. At most I'm doing 64, but I usually just do 32. Same difficulty level. I'll try to see what titles I have tomorrow, but at most I'm probably just going to come up with 1,000 planks lol

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have this now, plan on cleaning my room and starting on this over my weekend which is Sunday, wish me luck

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I've been getting back into this as well. I've actually moved over to custom workouts instead of adventure. I have a little routine of 4 sets that I rotate through (just 1 set of 10 diff exercises a day). It makes it easy to do since I don't have to set up my skills/smoothies or anything, just start immediately, and the sets are pretty varied so I don't have to be swapping skills out all the time. It even includes the warm-up and the contextual cool down.

And if you end with a jog as your last excercise of the set, you still get the "charge your squat power --> VICTORY!" which is of course extremely important, lol.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
96 squats per workout?! Your knees are made of steel. At most I'm doing 64, but I usually just do 32. Same difficulty level. I'll try to see what titles I have tomorrow, but at most I'm probably just going to come up with 1,000 planks lol

It did take me quite a while to work up to that amount, but I found that I had less knee discomfort if I focused on staying more on my heels than bearing weight on my toes (lean back more). Hey 1000 planks is fantastic! I've just started getting into those. Way to go and keep it up! We all win when we encourage each other!

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The ring is surprisingly made well. This will show just how out of shape you are, they did a good job with it.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just did my first day today, lvl 19 difficulty and cleared the first boss before finishing. I'm dead, like I would probably struggle to get up out of my computer chair now if I tried. I knew I was unfit due to lack of exercise but damn I didn't know it was this bad. The game really pushes you a lot more than I thought it would, the amount of squats it asked me to do was insane but I somehow did it. Even just the jogging part was difficult :/

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Got the game tuesday and this game is not joke its a good workout and fun my wife and i were sweating great game

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Just did my first day today, lvl 19 difficulty and cleared the first boss before finishing. I'm dead, like I would probably struggle to get up out of my computer chair now if I tried. I knew I was unfit due to lack of exercise but damn I didn't know it was this bad. The game really pushes you a lot more than I thought it would, the amount of squats it asked me to do was insane but I somehow did it. Even just the jogging part was difficult :/
Don't worry about it, should improve over time if you stick with it (something I didn't do) at most I can go 15-20mins myself.
Tempted to pick it back up but yeah...I don't know.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Managed to do a 30 minute session just now. Phew the last few minutes really had me wanting to stop early.

Last little bit of the last enemies health I scrolled a few times trying to decide what punishment to inflict on myself.

Probably going to stick at 30 minutes for a week or so then up it to 45.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
ahh, i'm super psyched t get home in 9 days and try my copy out! looking forward to working it after work, most days!