• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
does any one know how many calories would you burn doing the "quickplay > series>relaxed settings" excercises?

that is what i do daily, but i have no idea how many calories are

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
does any one know how many calories would you burn doing the "quickplay > series>relaxed settings" excercises?

that is what i do daily, but i have no idea how many calories are
Quick play stuff doesn't track time or calories burned for some reason, although maybe it does if you save the records to your account? Idk

You could always just make a custom fit set and go through those using the exercises and reps you use in quick play. Custom tracks stuff like adventure mode does.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Quick play stuff doesn't track time or calories burned for some reason, although maybe it does if you save the records to your account? Idk

You could always just make a custom fit set and go through those using the exercises and reps you use in quick play. Custom tracks stuff like adventure mode does.

thanks for letting me know!

im replicating the sets right now

the only trouble seems to be that they are the twice the repetitions, so i dont know im ready for that >_>

lets ese how it goes once i finish recreating them

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible progress, OP!!! (I know this is two months late, but still.)

I really want Ring Fit if it ever becomes available but I'm wondering if I have the room for it... How much space do you typically need back/front, side-to-side? What would probably be the minimum?

I know I could google this but I thought hearing from people's personal experience would be more helpful.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018

I really want Ring Fit if it ever becomes available but I'm wondering if I have the room for it... How much space do you typically need back/front, side-to-side? What would probably be the minimum?

I know I could google this but I thought hearing from people's personal experience would be more helpful.
I can do 90% of everything while standing on a yoga mat. So it's not a lot of space.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I can do 90% of everything while standing on a yoga mat. So it's not a lot of space.
Yep. Just enough space to lie down flat for planks etc. and stretch your legs out to the side for yoga etc. That's it. Much less than VR.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Y'all are making me feel bad for not playing my copy. I am on World 7 last I played it. I'll see about hoping back into it tomorrow, COVID has made me especially lazy over the months.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The Switch Joy-cons are probably the worst controllers I've used in a long time.

Their signal strength is hot crap. And the R one is worse than the L. Guess which one is used on the ring for the more important movement?
I'm guessing that's behind the gyro drifting, because even if it drops for a microsecond, it's going to be off.

As soon as there are newly revised controllers that don't drop a signal if I hold it too tight with my hand, I'm getting them.

I have two pairs of JoyCons and had to mix them to get a better signal. The Switch is actually behind me and the right JC was disconnecting every other second before I mixed it up. It has cool features, but the core connectivity is just terrible!

That said, I bought the game on a whim - found it rather cheap on frensh Amazon for 55 Euro and just had time for the start so far. Very charming presentation and it seems to give a good mix of activities. Hopefully it keeps me motivated for a while. Normally I'd be watching a show or something else while doing sports at home. But tracking what I do is also fun.

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

About to beat the first new game plus mode, went way quicker than the main game. Probably because there's no sidequests.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Two months after picking up Ring Fit and I've officially lost 10lbs! I'm 6'1" and have cut from 224 to 214, so I've definitely got extra weight to lose and don't plan on stopping. I'm on day 25 or 26 of playing, I rotate to do arm/leg/back/core exercises regularly in Adventure Mode, choose the randomize excises option every battle, and I'm at difficulty level 20, I believe. I don't really have requirements for each time I play -- no time minimum or calorie minimum. I just go until I'm having a hard time with sets and my body's telling me I've had it. I've cut some snacks out of my diet but still cheat pretty often, plus I do drink some protein from time to time. So I'm going slow, but am still really happy with my progress.

I've absolutely noticed improved strength across my body, particularly in my legs (so many squats), back, and shoulders. A lot of the exercises are much, much easier, but I've still got a few where even doing a set can be difficult -- Flutter Kick, Leg Scissors, Leg Raise, Plank. One of the biggest things I've noticed is actually in the stretching parts of the game, where I'm just able to hold my balance better and feel comfortable actually doing all of the stretches. Small things.

Really thankful for this thread encouraging me to start Ring Fit. And I really hope others feel encouraged, too! It's such an impressive game. I sucked at pretty much every exercise when I started. All that mattered was that I do my best (cheating through exercises as necessary) and that I keep coming back every day or few.

Last edited:

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
I lucked out with a spontaneous Best Buy run yesterday and picked up the only copy they had. I'm so excited! I already do at least a little bit of cardio every day, but with our gym closed and winter coming, no worries. ^-^

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Two months after picking up Ring Fit and I've officially lost 10lbs! I'm 6'1" and have cut from 224 to 214, so I've definitely got extra weight to lose and don't plan on stopping. I'm on day 25 or 26 of playing, I rotate to do arm/leg/back/core exercises regularly, choose the randomize excises option every battle, and I'm at difficulty level 20, I believe. I don't really have requirements for each time I play -- no time minimum or calorie minimum. I just go until I'm having a hard time with sets and my body's telling me I've had it. I've cut some snacks out of my diet but still cheat pretty often, plus I do drink some protein from time to time. So I'm going slow, but am still really happy with my progress.

I've absolutely noticed improved strength across my body, particularly in my legs (so many squats), back, and shoulders. A lot of the exercises are much, much easier, but I've still got a few where even doing a set can be difficult -- Flutter Kick, Leg Scissors, Leg Raise, Plank. One of the biggest things I've noticed is actually in the stretching parts of the game, where I'm just able to hold my balance better and feel comfortable actually doing all of the stretches. Small things.

Really thankful for this thread encouraging me to start Ring Fit. And I really hope others feel encouraged, too! It's such an impressive game. I sucked at pretty much every exercise when I started. All that mattered was that I do my best (cheating through exercises as necessary) and that I keep coming back every day or few.

Congratulations - sounds like you're making really good progress!

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I lucked out with a spontaneous Best Buy run yesterday and picked up the only copy they had. I'm so excited! I already do at least a little bit of cardio every day, but with our gym closed and winter coming, no worries. ^-^
I saw it pop up online yesterday at Target in the DFW area and I put in an order for store pickup. Looks like it's still in stock too so maybe either a much larger shipment than usual or I guess not as much demand. I see my local Best Buy has 2 left lol.

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
I saw it pop up online yesterday at Target in the DFW area and I put in an order for store pickup. Looks like it's still in stock too so maybe either a much larger shipment than usual or I guess not as much demand. I see my local Best Buy has 2 left lol.
I've been wanting it since it came out; didn't think I'd need to get it day 1 though. I actually went in to get a dashboard mount for car, and decided to browse the games cuz "why not". I'm just happy to have something to get through winter without having to shell out scalper prices.

All anecdotal of course, but hopefully Nintendo is trying to meet COVID-demand.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

i did this, and whyyyyy the fuck is so much time wasted on menus?!! holy shitt

total time was like 1 hour 20 minutes, and real exercise time was like 36 minutes only.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I budged and ordered the other day. But it sucks hard that this isn't available digitally. I had to buy a physical game like it was the 90s. They should have just sold the accessory separately.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I've been wanting it since it came out; didn't think I'd need to get it day 1 though. I actually went in to get a dashboard mount for car, and decided to browse the games cuz "why not". I'm just happy to have something to get through winter without having to shell out scalper prices.

All anecdotal of course, but hopefully Nintendo is trying to meet COVID-demand.

Nintendo can never keep with demand on anything they do... I never have figured that out but COVID or not they don't manage their logistical pipelines well.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Picked this up today. Can't use it until I move but excited to give this a proper go

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Omg I just ordered ring fit adventure on amazon for $79.99 sold by amazon. When did it get back in stock? I've been trying to buy it for MSRP basically since feb.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
On day 200-and-something and RFA has become a part of my daily routine (working from home helps). It hasn't helped me lose any weight, but I have to assume my 15 minutes a day is doing *something* good for me.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
I had forgotten about the game. How necessary/forgiving are the leg exercises? I had a knee surgery back in June, but due to excess scarring it's going to take up to a year before I can do anything more than very slow, very shallow squats without feeling wild pain.

I do need to reintroduce some exercising and push past the pain to help the scar tissue mellow out though. This might be a fun way to do it depending on the requirements!

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
On day 200-and-something and RFA has become a part of my daily routine (working from home helps). It hasn't helped me lose any weight, but I have to assume my 15 minutes a day is doing *something* good for me.

Keeps you in a lot better physical shape than if you didn't do RFA, for sure, there's a lot more to it than the weight. Losing weight is mostly about diet anyway.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
I had forgotten about the game. How necessary/forgiving are the leg exercises? I had a knee surgery back in June, but due to excess scarring it's going to take up to a year before I can do anything more than very slow, very shallow squats without feeling wild pain.

I do need to reintroduce some exercising and push past the pain to help the scar tissue mellow out though. This might be a fun way to do it depending on the requirements!
I know theres an assist mode option that makes the exercises have a different range of motion, the leg exercise assist one does make the jogging segments only move at one speed no matter how fast you go tho.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Gives you energy if anything! It's part of my "wake up in the morning " routine.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Keeps you in a lot better physical shape than if you didn't do RFA, for sure, there's a lot more to it than the weight. Losing weight is mostly about diet anyway.

The main thing I've noticed, mostly from doing Warrior Poses and a few other exercises, is a more toned stomach. If I stand straight and tense my stomach I almost have the outline of a six pack...almost.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
RFA came to an end for me in March, lockdown meant looking after my kids pretty much fulltime. I could have squeezed it in at different times of the day, but you know what it's like when your daily routine gets wrecked, everything just goes down the pan completely. They are in theory back at school in two weeks time, looking forward to getting back to it... and hopefully start sheding the 10lbs I've put on since then :(

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Wish it was easier to actually buy it :(

update: actually, right after I posted this I was able to order it from EB Games in Canada :)

Last edited:

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Hey OP great progress man, you look fantastic

i just got the game and it's surprisingly difficult. I do a bit of long distance running, about 5k at a time 3/4 days a week, so I have stamina and pretty decent legs, but the strength exercises are killing me. I'm on my second day and faced the first boss on 28 intensity. It was so difficult that I have to go back down to either 24 or 26. It was more difficult than taebo

i think everyday I'll do 1-2 levels and then do 3 or 4 sets on casual. Hopefully it's good enough to make some progress

This he is very good though, only on my second day but I highly recommend it

Last edited:

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Did day one. When people say 15 min a day is that active timer? What about cool down and down time I. Between levels? 15-20 is what I want to invest but curious after my first day. I did 4 levels and realize a lot of tutorials and 18 min on the active timer.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
RFA came to an end for me in March, lockdown meant looking after my kids pretty much fulltime. I could have squeezed it in at different times of the day, but you know what it's like when your daily routine gets wrecked, everything just goes down the pan completely. They are in theory back at school in two weeks time, looking forward to getting back to it... and hopefully start sheding the 10lbs I've put on since then :(

How old are the kids? Mine are really into it. I go first and then we take turns at the mini games/ quick runs

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Two months after picking up Ring Fit and I've officially lost 10lbs! I'm 6'1" and have cut from 224 to 214, so I've definitely got extra weight to lose and don't plan on stopping. I'm on day 25 or 26 of playing, I rotate to do arm/leg/back/core exercises regularly in Adventure Mode, choose the randomize excises option every battle, and I'm at difficulty level 20, I believe. I don't really have requirements for each time I play -- no time minimum or calorie minimum. I just go until I'm having a hard time with sets and my body's telling me I've had it. I've cut some snacks out of my diet but still cheat pretty often, plus I do drink some protein from time to time. So I'm going slow, but am still really happy with my progress.

Yay!

Send me your exercise set ups for adventure mode.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats, that's awesome!

a yoga mat would suffice i think
I just bought a yoga mat for RFA! It's great.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a thread where people reccomend custom workout routines? I personally prefer the sets over adventure mode

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats, that's awesome!

I just bought a yoga mat for RFA! It's great.

i bought one immedietaly when I kept slipping doing planks lol

Is there a thread where people reccomend custom workout routines? I personally prefer the sets over adventure mode

i just copied the quickplay series sets.

but the time you waste on menus is bonkers,

so i just returned to doing the quickplay series sets, without any tracking

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
Really considering this. How does it compare to wii fit? Do I have to just play an adventure mode or can I pick and choose what I want to do?