• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I swear it was mentioned that there's an option to finish incomplete sets because a fight ended before my set, right? If I didn't imagine that, where can I do that? Because for the life of me, I'm too stupid to find it.

IIRC, in the menu in the overworld (left round button).

Ring_Fit_Adventure_transient_temp_Screenshot_2020-04-01_12-02-03.png

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to reset the Ringcon placement after you start an exercise? I'm struggling enough with the Hinge Pose just on balance issues , but it is made far worse if it starts too early and rather than the Ringcon being stretched out and above my head, it's below or lower, which means it won't start at proper level and I can't physically move it through the floor obviously.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing pretty much daily the last week and am loving it, never liked training but this is really addicting. Going to start running again too!
I'm doing the reverse, I started jogging again and am picking this up to help with my regular exercise. I'm really looking forward to it. Psyched I was finally able to find a copy.

Jan 10, 2018
Made it to world 3 last time I played. Is there some way to turn off all the notifications? I think I understand how to do a "victory pose" after like 15 times now.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Made it to world 3 last time I played. Is there some way to turn off all the notifications? I think I understand how to do a "victory pose" after like 15 times now.
I'm on world 10 and you still get them. I recall someone saying you can't turn them off, but it would be really good.

It generally shows you the first time you do an activity in a session and will have the ab guard tutorial on following any ground exercises to allow you to get up.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered this online today to add a fun supplement my gym workouts.

Question: Is this something couples can play together? Like pass the ring back and forth kind of deal?
Or if I were to play with my wife, would we have to do our own play sessions separately before passing it over?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Question: Is this something couples can play together? Like pass the ring back and forth kind of deal?
Or if I were to play with my wife, would we have to do our own play sessions separately before passing it over?
There's no option for it but it could be possible if you did a course each and maybe pass the ringcon each turn in battle and just do longer sessions so you both get a good amount of exercise, i think that could be quite fun especially if you are tackling a boss together (maybe set the difficulty higher if you are doing this too to make each exercise count more)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ordered this today as well since it was finally in stock for the regular price

Only problem is I still dont have a switch and not sure if I even want one lol

I do really wanna play the game because a gym isn't really an option now and I've been meaning to try ans get toned for years but never got around to it and as lame as it is I do think it being in videogame form would help immensely

Issue is the switch itself is still 300 bucks plus taxes and most of the games are mad expensive and rarely ever get discounted. I've also already played ARMS, Odyssey, MK8 and BOTW and have gotten my fill and have no interest in New Horizon or Smash so idk how much use I'd actually get out of the thing outside of Ring Fit. Then there's also the issue of joy con drifting and the fact that I'd need to buy a pro controller as well as any other accessories the thing requires

Hmmm

Last edited:

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017

You can sort of co-op if one person does the leg stuff while the other person uses the ring.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
There's no option for it but it could be possible if you did a course each and maybe pass the ringcon each turn in battle and just do longer sessions so you both get a good amount of exercise, i think that could be quite fun especially if you are tackling a boss together (maybe set the difficulty higher if you are doing this too to make each exercise count more)
You can sort of co-op if one person does the leg stuff while the other person uses the ring.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm sure we can make it work then.

Jan 10, 2018
Just lost my first boss fight because I didn't have enough smoothies with me. Not sure how I feel about this as it completely interrupts the training session; based not on your performance but by video game shenanigans. They could've at least had the option to craft this stuff during battles because it's almost impossible to know how long a boss fight is going to continue until you're actually in it.

A somewhat related question: does your ab guard have varying degrees of efficiency depending on how much you press the ring?

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
If you're playing multiple levels after the other it won't tell you how to do the victory pose but the first time you've done it in a while it shows the popup. Same with stuff like the air blast, the rock crushing move, the traversal moves, etc.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have tips on sprinting? I'm on level 24 difficulty and no matter how fast I run my character just won't speed up. It's really annoying because I now have a speedrun quest that I cant complete because I don't know how to sprint.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have tips on sprinting? I'm on level 24 difficulty and no matter how fast I run my character just won't speed up. It's really annoying because I now have a speedrun quest that I cant complete because I don't know how to sprint.

Having the same problem. I can sprint, but not consistently. Found it's a lot easier to maintain it using Silent Mode.

Maybe try recalibrating the running motion?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Finally found this in Target today! Really need it too since I've gained 20 pounds in quarantine....

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have tips for getting the jump to work more consistently? That move is a crapshoot for me and it annoys me to miss the gold coin thingies.

codemnk

Oct 30, 2017
IIRC, in the menu in the overworld (left round button).

Ring_Fit_Adventure_transient_temp_Screenshot_2020-04-01_12-02-03.png
Thanks, but I'm still too stupid. I get to that menu, but what then? I don't see an option to finish incomplete sets, and it doesn't seem like I can pick those exercises because no button works except to go back again. So I can look at what I did on that day, but that's it.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's incredibly frustrating that the game feels the need to remind me how to do a victory pose every day, but at the same time expects me to remember the controls for every single mini-game.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Finally got this and will dive into it soon... dealing with an injury right now so can't really do much.

I was thinking about using a knee brace to hold the leg joycon cause the strap just does not sit on me without sliding. Anyone else try something like that?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get "here's how to do this game" reminders all the time. Too often for my tastes.
Do you really?

Like the mini-game for rock-wall climbing. They told me to bend my knees a bit, bring the ring to my waist, and then the game started and I was just kind of hanging on the wall while the timer ticked and I couldn't remember how they told me how I was supposed to climb from last week.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Do you really?

Like the mini-game for rock-wall climbing. They told me to bend my knees a bit, bring the ring to my waist, and then the game started and I was just kind of hanging on the wall while the timer ticked and I couldn't remember how they told me how I was supposed to climb from last week.

I think there's a bug with that particular one. I did it earlier today and I didn't get the reminder as well.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Do you really?

I don't think they do for gyms, at least anytime I've gone back to the gym they don't do a reminder

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really?

Yup. Just got told how to do Robo-Wrecker yet again. I've played every day since I got the game, and that's like the fifth time now, move on already.

Make the instructions a chooseable option in an update, please Nintendo.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yup. Just got told how to do Robo-Wrecker yet again. I've played every day since I got the game, and that's like the fifth time now, move on already.

Make the instructions a chooseable option in an update, please Nintendo.

That's odd, I don't think I've ever had a gym repeat itself for me. I wonder if it's randomized or based on something the player is or isn't doing?

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird that you're experiencing the exact opposite of my issue.

What's your difficulty level?

Max difficulty.

That's odd, I don't think I've ever had a gym repeat itself for me. I wonder if it's randomized or based on something the player is or isn't doing?

IDK. I also notice that even if I tell the game to stop asking me about lowering my difficulty level, it's doing it again after like three days.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Just lost my first boss fight because I didn't have enough smoothies with me. Not sure how I feel about this as it completely interrupts the training session; based not on your performance but by video game shenanigans. They could've at least had the option to craft this stuff during battles because it's almost impossible to know how long a boss fight is going to continue until you're actually in it.

A somewhat related question: does your ab guard have varying degrees of efficiency depending on how much you press the ring?

later on you can unlock exercises to restore hearts. I tend to do that over buying them now as the coins are better used elsewhere.

just to add to the general conversation, Ring Fit has been a literal lifesaver during lockdown. I do it every weekday and have definitely noticed an improvement in my general fitness and weight loss.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Since June, I've been eating better and Ring Fit Adventure has been my main method of exercise. I'm 5'10" and started at 218.4 lbs and today my weigh in was 189.6 (loss of 28.8 pounds)

I love the way the game both game-ifys the workouts and gives a tangible reward beyond the long term goals of being in better shape. Really enjoying the worlds, characters, and even Ring has grown on me (the feminine voice is less irritating in my estimation).

But man, whoever put in the challenge for the perfect Thigh Rider run in the fog was evil.

Lovely game, and its already made a big difference in my life.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to keep harping on this but the running is just not working for me. I've tried reconfiguring 6 times and my character never jogs in adventure mode. I've even set the diffiulty to 15 and switched to silent. Nothing. It got to the point where I just held the joy con and shook it as quickly as possible. Still nothing.

Running works fine in jogging mode so I have no idea whats going on. Is there something I'm missing in adventure?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
OP all your images/tweets are broken

Also what else do I need accessory wise for the switch besides a tempered glass case and a pro controller?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nothing. I wouldn't even say you need a pro controller unless you find the joy-cons uncomfortable; I've never had one.
I hate the joy con controller thing lol and using them separately is awkward for me too. I'm only getting ring fit and AC: NH so I'll probably hold off on the controller anyway.