• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LuckyLactose

Mar 28, 2018
I'd love to get better at push-ups, but not my making me do 10-20 of them at once which added a difficulty way out of alignment with everything else.
(I haven't unlocked the pushups yet, so I can't verify if this will work or not, but might be worth a shot for you.)
Depending on how the pushup rep is tracked, it might give you a pass if you do it on an incline, e.g. if you place your hands on a table or other elevated surface. If that does work, then you can either gradually decrease the incline, and/or increase the amount of pushups in this setup.

Personally I struggle a bit with some of the overhead stuff due to a slightly wonky shoulder that hasn't fully recovered. While I can cruise through some of the other exercises, I would definitely also like to be able to set difficulty a bit more individually per exercise. As it stands, I'm at difficulty 23, which is super-easy for some of the exercises, but increasing it will leave me unable to do some of the more shoulder intensive things. Customization would allow me to push myself a bit more on certain exercises while not being reckless with my shoulder.

Also, damn, the mountain climber things and squats are exhausting. Not really surprising, but still... Looking forward to improving in that area =)

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
My goal wasn't only to "complete" the game (hell, I still haven't.) But part of the goal is to have fun, and frustrating the user is counterproductive to the entire point of the game. I literally could not complete the challenge without actually "cheating" as the game provides no way of quitting an attack once you've started. And since I didn't want to "cheat," I had to ignore the impossible ask the game was making of me by neglecting the move entirely.

And this is a clear failing of the game, in that it could do a better job of customizing the experience on a per-player basis. It goes to great lengths to ensure you're performing the exercise correctly, but it offers zero assistance beyond that. I'd love to get better at push-ups, but not my making me do 10-20 of them at once which added a difficulty way out of alignment with everything else.

I've had personal trainers before and if they saw me struggling with something to that extent, the answer wasn't to force me through the entire exercise without modification.

The game is lenient enough where you can alter how you're doing certain things and still get through the exercise, like a normal group pilates class. It would still be tough but it's not impossible.

If you literally cannot physically do the exercise you have options to you as well:

- replace it with another exercise (and ideally train in the one you're bad at in the non adventure mode)
- if there's more than a handful you need to do the above for, drop the overall difficulty
- replay past levels to level up

I just feel letting people set the difficulty is a poison pill and a waste of time, it would trick people into thinking they're doing better than they are.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
If you literally cannot physically do the exercise you have options to you as well:

- replace it with another exercise (and ideally train in the one you're bad at in the non adventure mode)
- if there's more than a handful you need to do the above for, drop the overall difficulty
- replay past levels to level up

I just feel letting people set the difficulty is a poison pill and a waste of time, it would trick people into thinking they're doing better than they are.

You're telling me things I already know. I feel like saying people can set the difficulty is a baseless argument provided you can already do exactly that. All I'm advocating for is more granular control than the "all or nothing" approach it has--and possibly only when the game detects you're having trouble with a particular exercise

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
(I haven't unlocked the pushups yet, so I can't verify if this will work or not, but might be worth a shot for you.)
Depending on how the pushup rep is tracked, it might give you a pass if you do it on an incline, e.g. if you place your hands on a table or other elevated surface. If that does work, then you can either gradually decrease the incline, and/or increase the amount of pushups in this setup.

Personally I struggle a bit with some of the overhead stuff due to a slightly wonky shoulder that hasn't fully recovered. While I can cruise through some of the other exercises, I would definitely also like to be able to set difficulty a bit more individually per exercise. As it stands, I'm at difficulty 23, which is super-easy for some of the exercises, but increasing it will leave me unable to do some of the more shoulder intensive things. Customization would allow me to push myself a bit more on certain exercises while not being reckless with my shoulder.

Also, damn, the mountain climber things and squats are exhausting. Not really surprising, but still... Looking forward to improving in that area =)
Push-ups aren't in the game, unfortunately.

LuckyLactose

Mar 28, 2018
I've been having a lot of trouble with Hinge Pose. I can't seem to get the tracking/detection for it to work sensibly at all. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I perhaps just doing it fundamentally wrong?

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
this game really has been a godsend during the pandemic

I mostly switched to quick play and custom routines because honestly the time wasted in menus and stuff for the adventure mode kind of sucked. it's so easy to just get in, focus on a muscle group for a little bit, do a couple jogs, and be out.
Yep. Adventure mode is nice at first but don't think I'll stick with it.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
How much leg movement is required to enjoy the game? I'm thinking of getting it for my GF but I live on the second floor and don't have a carpet so wouldn't want to cause a noise racket and shake the building with constant leg hops

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I've been having a lot of trouble with Hinge Pose. I can't seem to get the tracking/detection for it to work sensibly at all. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I perhaps just doing it fundamentally wrong?

Are you standing in the correct position at the start? If not then it won't work properly

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Adventure mode is nice at first but don't think I'll stick with it.

Adventure mode is fun, but I agree with you guys that for efficient training the custom mode and quick play is way better. Gives you more control and takes less time to get a good workout.

For me I'll be varying how I use the game. Every day I'll do a quick morning custom workout, and then later in the day I'll either do more custom workout or play adventure mode. Both provide good workouts, but when I play custom mode it's more about the training, and when I'm playing adventure mode it's more about the fun.

Oct 27, 2017
if it wasn't covid and i wasn't working from home, i'd probably be playing a lot more custom mode than adventure mode. since i have the time now due to not commuting and the like, adventure mode is kind of a nice experience, even if it's only 20-25 minutes of exercise in 45 or so minutes.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Woo! Finally found a Ring Fit. Been wanting to get 1 for awhile now for myself and the kids but not wanting to pay scalper prices.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Mine got delivered today. Did first world on intense and I'm absolutely fucked. Was great fun. Can tell it Def works just from first session lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 69771

You're telling me things I already know. I feel like saying people can set the difficulty is a baseless argument provided you can already do exactly that. All I'm advocating for is more granular control than the "all or nothing" approach it has--and possibly only when the game detects you're having trouble with a particular exercise
What I do is just put the game on the home menu when an exercise is too hard and wait a couple of minutes

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much leg movement is required to enjoy the game? I'm thinking of getting it for my GF but I live on the second floor and don't have a carpet so wouldn't want to cause a noise racket and shake the building with constant leg hops
I'm interested in this too, I ordered the game and some 1" thick interlocking foam tiles, I'm hoping that in top or under my rug will do the trick.
I've had to deal with this. Very sensitive neighbor downstairs and wide hard floor in a big room.

You can turn on "silent mode" which basically just replaces running on the spot with rapid small squats. It's pretty good and does the trick.

However some exercises definitely need some foot strikes on the floor and aren't that unavoidable. Like high knees alternating quicksteps, and mountain climbers (bane of my fucking life). These only ever happen for 30-60 seconds at a time, and can be avoided, but you'll have to do them at some point at least and it tends to make the whole room shake :/

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Worlds 4 to 6 are just Squats: The Game
I dont mind its just funny that you have to do Squats for nearly all the actions in the game outside of combat

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Worlds 4 to 6 are just Squats: The Game
I dont mind its just funny that you have to do Squats for nearly all the actions in the game outside of combat

I wish squats did more damage. I want to focus on legs primarily these days as I do my own workouts for things like chest and back, but they're just so weak despite being more challenging than most other options :(

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend got one from her sister who didn't even open the packaging. I've done it for the last 2 days and its great.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I wish squats did more damage. I want to focus on legs primarily these days as I do my own workouts for things like chest and back, but they're just so weak despite being more challenging than most other options :(
Yeah i agree, it often doesn't feel as worth it as some other skills. Just not as satisfying.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I still opt to do it with the intention of doing 100+ each session, but it always feels like I'm deliberately hamstringing game progress :/
I'm doing the same with the front press skill, I feel like it is working really well on my chest more than any other arm exercise, but I'm at the point where all my other skills are at like 130+ power and I'm still using this one that is 25 power, I really don't want to replace it so I'm throwing it in as a way of finishing enemies off sometimes or when I'm not in danger

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my single biggest complaint with the game.

Squats are BRUTAL. And I'm someone who lifts weights squatting fairly often. You unlock the "harder" wide squats version later which does more damage but they're actually easier because they don't isolate your quads so much?

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017

Squats do 560 or 600 damage when upgraded. They're my go-to exercises when I'm tired.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 120 now and still can't get the plank to work properly. Every other exercise is fine.

I've had problems with it, but I've consistently gotten it to work now by positioning my lower body quite low in the neutral position when it calibrates. If I position too high then it doesn't give me good results or barely works at all.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've had problems with it, but I've consistently gotten it to work now by positioning my lower body quite low in the neutral position when it calibrates. If I position too high then it doesn't give me good results or barely works at all.

I'll have to keep messing around with it - the only time I've gotten it to work was when lying flat on the ground and doing a regular plank as the movement, but that started destroying my back pretty quickly

Oct 25, 2017
Just found this at a target nearby and wife is on the way back with it. Trying for months to get it, off and on. Now that we are in this 100+ heatwave in TX, outside activities are just precluded and the gyms are obviously no-gos still. Can't wait to mix things up a bit with it.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
You can upgrade moves? I'm only on world 4 - this is a game changer.

Yeah, I'd like this clarified. I've hated having to remove certain exercises because they're not viable in battle, although I feel like I get a good workout from them. Upgrading exercises like squats would be great, I love doing them.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd like this clarified. I've hated having to remove certain exercises because they're not viable in battle, although I feel like I get a good workout from them. Upgrading exercises like squats would be great, I love doing them.
I'm in world like 6 or 7 and I just realized that there's a skill tree. Game doesn't do a great job of explaining that stuff.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Later on you'll just start getting higher level versions of skills you already have, in the same ways that you're currently finding new skills -- from leveling up, from chests, on the skill tree, etc

Skill tree unlocks at level 40, then you unlock more of it at 65, and then I think it gets bigger again some time later

Level 2 squats specifically are on the lv65 skill tree

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Later on you'll just start getting higher level versions of skills you already have, in the same ways that you're currently finding new skills -- from leveling up, from chests, on the skill tree, etc

Skill tree unlocks at level 40, then you unlock more of it at 65, and then I think it gets bigger again some time later

Level 2 squats specifically are on the lv65 skill tree
Thank you very much! I'm level 25, so I have still a ways to go.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Drageaux killed me when he had like a sliver of HP(like 1 or 2 reps of an exercise left) left and I burned all of my smoothies. I was covered in sweat and I raged. So much fun though lol. It was my 5th workout and I was trying to close out world 3

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
Got to leave something for the sequel (I wonder how that would work)
This is what I would want from a sequel - a difficulty that gives you harder exercises, rather than just increasing the reps.

I guess the more strenuous the exercises are the more likely it is that people will hurt themselves though...

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
This is what I would want from a sequel - a difficulty that gives you harder exercises, rather than just increasing the reps.

I guess the more strenuous the exercises are the more likely it is that people will hurt themselves though...

I'm pretty sure it does this.You don't have to go as low for a squat at difficulty level 10 compared to 30. Maybe I'm wrong but it felt that way to me.

Main thing I want for a sequel would be the ability to adjust difficulty on each exercise rather than just one overall difficulty setting.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017

Other than the difficulty of it, I think pushups just wouldn't really work with the leg strap. There wouldn't be much of a change of angle for it to detect, and you'd also risk putting weight on the joycon, especially if doing knee pushups

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Other than the difficulty of it, I think pushups just wouldn't really work with the leg strap. There wouldn't be much of a change of angle for it to detect, and you'd also risk putting weight on the joycon, especially if doing knee pushups
Maybe it could have you move the leg strap to your bicep? that would make switching between workouts more of a hassle tho

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mine got delivered today. Did first world on intense and I'm absolutely fucked. Was great fun. Can tell it Def works just from first session lol
That's impressive as hell that you made it through the first world day 1 on intense.

I hardly made it through the first level and was dead by the end of it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

That was actually me yesterday lol. Wasn't quite absolutely fucked, but did get a good sweat going, and had to sit for a bit before I went to lifting weights. I did most of world 2 today, but stopped at the boss because I was sore and tired lol. It's definitely more than I expected tbh.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200713182909500_COVER.jpg

Stay safe working out! Keep those muscles working!