• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
This has probably been mentioned elsewhere in the thread but for this page at least:
UK Era, TheGameCollection's Ebay store has a 20% off code just now, meaning you can preorder this for ~ £52 if you want to save a little over a tenner.

Code is POPULAR20
Ebay Link

I'm getting way too hyped for a goddamn exercise game 😂

All of their remaining copies was sold from the time I clicked on your link until I refreshed the page a couple of minutes ago to make a purchase :P
I guess I'll have to get from elsewhere.. looks to be doing well at least :>

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
It's still not on sale, but just by touching it I feel more fit guys.

SFM4CgI.jpg

efjo

Oct 3, 2018
got the game early
decided to play through the first map out of curiosity
I shouldn't have
now I'm soaked in sweat
and I'll have to take a shower before I head out for dinner
That's promising. I've been doing some Just Dance Now waiting for this to release to get some exercise in when I can't muster the energy to go on a bike ride. I can't wait to get it. I'm more hyped for this than Luigi's Mansion 3 and I can't wait for that either.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so the ring actually has electronics in or on it? when it was revealed I figured it would just rely entirely on the Joy-Con's motion controls but if the thing recognizes squeezes reliably then that can't be the case

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So gamestop actually gave me a bigger refund on Contra than what I bought it for, so I put my money on this one so I'm game!

However gone over the weekend so I wont be able to play until next week

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we gettin an OT for this? Mine should be here Friday. Hoping it'll finally get me to exercise somewhat.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up earlier today. Having a great time with it! I'm not a fan of squats but if it means killing an enemy with it, then you better believe I'll do all the squats, lmao!

I can definitely see this helping people who need motivation to get back into exercise or those who want to start working out for the first time.

It's on rails but throughout your run you can break crates by squeezing the ring or you can collect coins by pulling the ring. You can jump and hover depending on how long you squeeze the ring. Hope your arms and legs are ready! Arms will get much more of a workout for sure.

The game says I've spent about 12 minutes exercising. In those 12 minutes I've done:

57 Ring Presses
46 Squats
36 Overhead Presses
25 Knee-to-chest
12 Chair poses

Also counts how far you've jogged and dashed.

There are A TON of customization options in terms of clothing. Also in game achievements.

Difficulty level is on a scale, with 30 being the highest. I'm currently on 15, which has been fine for me.

You can stretch before and after you play.

In the settings, you can turn on an assist mode for Shoulders, Back, Abs and Knees. From the description, this lets you active partial button controls.

Overall, really fun game that i'll definitely put in at least 30 min - 1 hour a day.

Some screenshots (TV Mode):

iHfTV5.jpg

iHfRWC.jpg

iHfEvz.jpg

iHfkGT.jpg

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up earlier today. Having a great time with it! I'm not a fan of squats but if it means killing an enemy with it, then you better believe I'll do all the squats, lmao!

I can definitely see this helping people who need motivation to get back into exercise or those who want to start working out for the first time.

It's on rails but throughout your run you can break crates by squeezing the ring or you can collect coins by pulling the ring. You can jump and hover depending on how long you squeeze the ring. Hope your arms and legs are ready! Arms will get much more of a workout for sure.

The game says I've spent about 12 minutes exercising. In those 12 minutes I've done:

57 Ring Presses
46 Squats
36 Overhead Presses
25 Knee-to-chest
12 Chair poses

Also counts how far you've jogged and dashed.

There are A TON of customization options in terms of clothing. Also in game achievements.

Difficulty level is on a scale, with 30 being the highest. I'm currently on 15, which has been fine for me.

You can stretch before and after you play.

In the settings, you can turn on an assist mode for Shoulders, Back, Abs and Knees. From the description, this lets you active partial button controls.

Overall, really fun game that i'll definitely put in at least 30 min - 1 hour a day.

Some screenshots (TV Mode):

iHfTV5.jpg

iHfRWC.jpg

iHfEvz.jpg

iHfkGT.jpg

Awesome! Can't wait for Friday.

Does it track any caloric burn per session?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this. I find it nearly impossible to motivate myself to dedicate time to exercise on a regular basis. Wrapping it up in a fully-fledged RPG sounds perfect! I'm glad the impressions seem to be positive so far.

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
Exciting to see Nintendo return to fitness games. I definitely got into Wii Fit much more than I expected to so this is right up my alley.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Almost forgot about this. Looks like local shops got it yesterday. Probably going to pick it up later today.

Working out has always bored me. This will hopefully motivate me a bit. I think my girlfriend will enjoy it as well.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
My copy is waiting for me at the shop, I'll be picking it up after work. Looking forward to getting WRECKED.

When is the embargo lifting by the way?

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
I just did the first world at moderate intensity. I'm sweatin'. Keep in mind I am unfit lol.

It's really engaging though, definitely something I could see myself using pretty often for exercise.

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
I know there shouldn't be any problems with this but anyone know if this works on tabletop mode? Currently don't have a working television so will have to make do with that.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Can't wait for this! I hope I am able to buy it tomorrow? I wonder if anyone will mind if I skip my workout to stay home and play it.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Can't wait for Friday.

Does it track any caloric burn per session?

Yup, it keeps track of that.

When I first started, I was curious as to how to take screenshots while I play since the joycon is on my thigh. They actually thought of this, and mapped the screenshot button to the joycon that's attached to the ring (using the R button). You can also record video. Pretty smart.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
In regular fitness terms, 30 minutes barely get you started. It should be fine and obviously a little of exercise is better than none at all, but I'd say that if you want to get an actual workout out of it you'll have to push it a little bit further.

Wut.

30 minutes of exercise is plenty if you do the right exercises. 30 min of hiit or equivalent a day and you'll see results.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
the verge -
I can't tell you that Ring Fit Fitness is a proper substitute for going to the gym or a way to really get in shape. What I can say is this: it's a polished, fun game that feels like a real workout, and, for me, it became a way I could almost seamlessly fit physical activity into my life. Even as I sit here typing this, I'm feeling a bit off about only having put in 20 minutes today. The good thing is that squeezing in another 20 is pretty simple. I just need to slay some yoga mats.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Andre Like it A lot. He said there might be an option or something to just run through environments without battling, but not sure yet.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Arekkz Gaming (mostly known for his MH videos)

Did a preview featuring his personal trainer and they both were quite positive about it.

Seems a good way to add exercise while having fun, considering how lazy and easily bored I am for physical activity I might buy this.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Soooo... Is anyone making a review thread?

Seems counter-intuitive to keep the reviews in this old preview thread.