• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
interested to hear more about this.

I used a lot of wii fit for its free running and free step minigames as they were way more exhausting than any of the other "over in a few minute" experiences. I'm curious to see how (at least the unlockable minigame approach) this stacks up compared to wii fit and even games like fitness boxing and to an extent, just dance

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
a 2 min video?really IGN?
there is nothing in it .

The Cnet video is a bit more interesting.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea behind it, but it all looks so boring and casual from the actual RPG-gameplay and design behind it.
But I guess a more serious and complex RPG with these kinds of controls would not cater to the target audience.
That said, why not make a new Mario RPG with these controls? Could be a great fit. Maybe if this one is a success we get more games.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh, so there's a male version of the Ring Fit Adventurer as well. I guess there are gonna be both form & skin tone options in the game.

Still, it's clear that they made the female adventurer first, considering that the flaming hair doesn't really fit the male variant's hair style.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
I'm in for sure. Kinda disappointed the lizard people in human skin from the intro video aren't in these follow up vids

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Skill Tree, awesome.

zrlFDJk.png

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This really does look awesome. I wish it was available digitally with the ring being a standalone purchase since I still have a couple vouchers to spare.

I like the idea behind it, but it all looks so boring and casual from the actual RPG-gameplay and design behind it.
But I guess a more serious and complex RPG with these kinds of controls would not cater to the target audience.
That said, why not make a new Mario RPG with these controls? Could be a great fit. Maybe if this one is a success we get more games.

They get flak for not making new IPs and they get flak for not shoehorning old IPs into new types of games. They just can't win.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're consolidating into one thread I'm going to re-post because I feel like it's a mistake especially today to not have different body types for the avatar character...

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
The poor Cnet reporter getting decimated by core exercises on the floor. Those are going to be really nasty for the non initiated.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Since we're consolidating into one thread I'm going to re-post because I feel like it's a mistake especially today to not have different body types for the avatar character...
They need a clear presentation of the move i guess. That also seem to be why these model have a long limb.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There will probably be an "Accurate Movements" category. No way they won't have this at a GDQ at some point.

Some reports from Nintendo basically said there would be ~30 hours of content in the story. I think they said if you play an hour a day it'll take you about 3 months to beat it.

That would be incredibly difficult to speedrun with accurate movements.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, there's a mode where you can take the ringcon with you away from the Switch and just do squeezes throughout the day, and it will measure/count the squeezes and report back with how much you did and give you points once you restart the game.

That's really cool. I could see myself doing that at the office when I'm bored and want to start fiddling with my hands.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the game comes with a cartridge or download code? I'm really interested in this, but if it's something that I'm playing daily or every other day, I could see it becoming a big pain to constantly switch out cartridges; would much rather have it digital (but obviously still need the hardware).

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Oh wow, there's a mode where you can take the ringcon with you away from the Switch and just do squeezes throughout the day, and it will measure/count the squeezes and report back with how much you did and give you points once you restart the game.

That's really cool. I could see myself doing that at the office when I'm bored and want to start fiddling with my hands.
That sounds pretty amazing as I'm always stressed.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
It appears there is a "Multitasking Mode" which allows you to keep using the controller while the device is off. From the sounds of it, it appears like it will function kinda similar to how the pedometer functioned in wii fit u. So nothing more than just "counting" while in that mode. You can use that to earn experience points in the game too

It seems like theres at least 4 minigames too. Shooting Crates, Pottery, Wall Climbing and Whack a Mole

Additionally you can create a set of up to 3 different exercises and mix options with that. I'm guessing something like "squat/jog/squat" and you can add a timelimit to it?

related to this, this preview mentions you can change eye color, skin tone and body type (alongside new clothing):

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if 30 minutes is enough for everyday routine Or 1 hour max

In regular fitness terms, 30 minutes barely get you started. It should be fine and obviously a little of exercise is better than none at all, but I'd say that if you want to get an actual workout out of it you'll have to push it a little bit further.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In regular fitness terms, 30 minutes barely get you started. It should be fine and obviously a little of exercise is better than none at all, but I'd say that if you want to get an actual workout out of it you'll have to push it a little bit further.

A peloton can absolutely kick your ass in 30 minutes. So that's not true at all.