• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
0z3PZ8W.jpg

giphy.gif

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is awesome. Have been doing it daily since Covid-19 hit and it's a fun and accessible way to keep getting daily blocks of exercise in. The amount of options on offer was great already and here's more to enjoy - amazing game.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought to myself, "I'll wait to buy this until after I get back from vacation," which was a month after it came out.

Then it was sold out when I got back.

Now I'm stuck inside and, while running is great, I'd love this.

This update looks cool as shit.

Ring Fit looks so fucking GOOD and they're not anywhere for sale at a not-stupid markup price. :(

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
bit disappointed about the song selection, somehow I expected a bigger amount of splatoon remixes and classic nintendo stuff. BOTW is horrible for this and I can't stand jump up superstar anymore so that one Splatoon song's all I got lol.

Playing this works extremely well though!

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Anybody have a recommendation for a third party strap? I'm fine with it, but the default strap does tend to slide which drives my partner crazy. Getting a strap that would stay on her leg might convince her to give it another try.

Saro

Oct 25, 2017
How would I go about getting a notification for this thing when it's back in stock? Been trying to get it forever

NowInStock.net Product Availability Tracker and In Stock Notification System

NowInStock.net is product availability tracker for hot products. We monitor online stores and when a product comes in stock or restocked, we notify you.

Search for ring fit and put an alert up.
I have text notifications on for Bestbuy Target and Walmart

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Swapped joycons and wverything is working properly now. Wish there were more songs from splatoon.

octopusfriend

Apr 20, 2019
The jogging mode looks ace - can't wait to test it later, as well as the Beat Saberesque rhythm mode. This could be a test run by Nintendo to see if people would be interested in a full-fledged rhythm game in the future by Nintendo - the last one was back in the Wii era, right?

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried out the rhythm mode and really enjoyed it. Wish there was more songs though. I'd legit buy DLC with more songs.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that was an awesome surprise and a welcome one, i was expected to be like 10$ but no, it's FREEEE

Just tried out the rhythm mode and really enjoyed it. Wish there was more songs though. I'd legit buy DLC with more songs.

I honestly think this is just to see how people like this little mode, maybe they will do a legit big game out of it

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Jogging mode HYPE !

Gonna try this new music mode. Seems like a very very cool addition too.

Yep, no regret buying this game day one whatsoever.

Johnny Cicala

Dec 8, 2017
Am I the only one not able to hit side "notes" while squatting in Abs & Legs mode? What am I getting wrong in my form?

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
The jogging mode is cool. Nintendo absolutely should, but won't, release this digitally and let the 3rd party ring makers fill in the supply issues.

Also it's annoying that I do 45 minutes on this a day at the moment, then I pass it onto my wife and she does 45 minutes. I'd love a multiplayer mode. I would buy a second ring (AND another set of Joy con) in an instant.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
The update is so good. That jogging mode is exactly what I needed. And the Rhythm game is such a good idea.

I'd bite for a seaon pass of new songs.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
this is the highlight of the entire Direct... Ringfit is what keeps this stay-at-home experience ever so slightly bearable... Thanks Nintendo!

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Haven't had a chance to try this out yet, but when I saw this in the Direct I think I audibly said, "that's genius!"

It's such a clever use of the ring con, and one I don't think many people outside of the creative minds at Nintendo would have really thought of. I had pondered about the idea of a Splatoon rhythm game years ago, based on the in-game mini-game, and this is a smart way of integrating Nintendo's franchises into Ring Fit.

The jogging mode is also incredibly useful during COVID-19. It's a more responsible way of exercising than going outside and risking infecting others ... or getting infected.

With this and Animal Crossing, Nintendo is dominating my gaming time during this outbreak!

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck finding this at a decent price anywhere. That's what I get for the wait and see approach.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I set top 10 scores worldwide yesterday for the super advanced versions of the Splatoon theme and Mario ground theme (5th and 6th, respectively). I need to check and see if they're still there. Had a blast.

Johnny Cicala

Dec 8, 2017
What kind of issue are you facing? When I played yesterday, I found that when I rotated for side notes, the game some registered it as me standing back up.

It's like, how am I supposed to tilt the torso left/right enough to get the game to register? I can do it, but I feel like it's not a natural movement and sometimes it just doesn't work.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I tried three songs today (Jump Up Superstar, the Splatoon Medley, and the Ringfit Mountain Pass music) and really like this rhythm mode! It's like a more fitness-focused Beat Saber almost. I had a blast while playing and then afterward was shocked by how tired out my arms felt!

Gonna be trying the jogging mode in a day or two but I have to say that was the big thing missing for me in Ring Fit till now. Some days I get through a play-session and feel like I wanted just a bit more cardio than the normal game might give you (I'm on Chapter 6 and there's almost no running routes) so this is perfect.

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
Played a few songs this morning and OMG this is incredible. I'd love a game with 100's of songs.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
No God Shattering Star? smh

Pretty awesome new mode, hopefully they add more songs to it in the future.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The jogging mode really bums me out, as someone on day 157 of the Adventure mode. My goal each day is to go until I've ran at least one mile, which usually defaults to me going to the same two levels (ones with .76 mile, and .36 mile totals). I figured the jogging mode would let you set distance, or offer something more length based but it's just the same levels, but empty. This is just a shortcut to what you can already do in the adventure mode, which isn't what I was hoping for.

It's just extremely barebones.

The Wii Fit equivalent wasn't as segmented, and I guess I just want that. Lemme set how many miles I want to run, or give me something where I can go until I hit my goal and bail. Also while we're at it, it would be a blast to be able to run through locations like Hyrule Field or New Donk City.

Hopefully there's more substantial updates on the way for E3. That's weirdly become one of my biggest video game wishes, as I approach the end of the Adventure Mode's final NG+. I want to be able to continue without just starting over from scratch, or replaying the same already completed levels. Just give me infinite NG+'s.

Last edited:

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Oh nice, can we get a restock please? Been wanting to play this game but completely sold out.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I played yesterday, but ended up being too tired after completing a world to try the rhythm mode. Going straight for it today!

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Alright I'm ready to pay full price for a Splatoon spin off of this with the rest of the soundtrack. Spat 2 Medley is the absolute best. HMU asap nintendo.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Scratch that: I'd also be okay with a new Rhythm Heaven ft. optional joy-con controls :D

Double bump for question:

Thought it was super easy, then I unlocked the first difficulty up and I'm getting wrecked lol.

How do you unlock the difficulties past advanced? Do you have to play novice + advanced? I've gotten S ranks on most in advance, but am playing through custom mode. I'm seeing them now, just needed to back out and go into the Main Rhythm Game menu I guess.

Last edited:

Red

Oct 26, 2017
There is a massive jump in difficulty between advanced and super advanced. I'm hitting S rank no problem, decide to try out super advanced and get my ass handed. Barely got D+. Whew.

It feels like there is a difficulty or two missing between those two settings.

I wish there were more squats in these songs. Legs feel neglected. The arm workout is great. I might prefer it to the main game.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to try it out and it's fantastic. The songs are boppin, the visuals are bright, clean and effective. It feels great to play. It had my whole family up and moving, which was great after day whatever of quarantine. It's also the best workout the game has given my arms.

It made me wonder about the suffering of playing Thumper with a Ring con.

Last edited: