• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

A conservative Denver talk show radio host's show was canceled Wednesday after he wished "for a nice school shooting" while speaking on air — a comment that brought a quick backlash from families of Colorado shooting victims.

"All right, Chuck Bonniwell, Julie Hayden here, a little after 1:30, talking about the never-ending impeachment of Donald Trump," host Chuck Bonniwell said on his show Tuesday, chuckling. "You know you wish for a nice school shooting" to interrupt the impeachment news, he said, as his co-host jumped in, decrying the statement.

"Don't even — don't even say that. No, don't even say that," Hayden said. "Don't call us. Chuck didn't say that." As he laughed, Bonniwell continued, "– which no one would be hurt."

On Wednesday evening, 710 KNUS posted on Twitter that Bonniwell's program was canceled: "Given the history of school violence that has plagued our community, 710 KNUS confirms that an inappropriate comment was made on the Chuck & Julie show by co-host Chuck Bonniwell. A programming decision was made to end the program immediately."

Don't worry though, it was just a joke, bro.

The Chuck and Julie twitter account issued an apology shortly after 7 p.m. saying the comment was originally meant as a joke: "Chuck Bonniwell has this comment."I made an inappropriate comment meant as a joke. I'm sorry it was not received that way."'

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
... You have to be an absolute idiot to say that IN THE STATE, NAY THE METRO AREA, WHERE COLUMBINE AND THE AURORA THEATER SHOOTINGS HAPPENED.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can tell for a fact this guy is joking about it because he thinks the school shootings are hoaxes anyways. "which no one would be hurt."

He thinks Dems use fake school shootings to distract from real issues, and his joke is "what if Republicans could do the same thing!"

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
You would think that people would notice that it's always conservatives who make the same statements only to pass it as a "jokes"

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
710KNUS is the local radio station from Salem Media gifting Colorado with alt-right content like this asshead.

Someone there was in talks with the Proud Boys before a local news outlet outed them and got the station to pull the offer:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...ssure/73-36048f96-ccd2-47a3-ab4f-59da031089f7

Honestly I can't believe this shithead. My kids went to Columbine, you should see the supportive community the (recently retired) principal from the time of the shooting on created there with the students. All the shit my state has been through...

The station pulled the show of these jerks, again after public pressure, but they still need called out for their overall lack of judgement on the management side.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
We all know it was a joke, and we don't really give a shit because maybe that's not a funny joke and that's the risk you take when you want to be a shitty edgelord.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"im sorry you didn't like my joke about school shootings"

"jeez, you can't joke about ANYTHING these days"

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
– which no one would be hurt."

did this subhuman piece of garbage seriously just make a school shooting joke and gargled the balls of those conspiracy theories at the same time?

id say some shit but I've been banned for wishing violence before

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
No one was dumb enough to think it was a threat, guy, but you can still be fired for jokes in poor taste and lacking the mental faculties to avoid making them.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
The Chuck and Julie twitter account issued an apology shortly after 7 p.m. saying the comment was originally meant as a joke: "I made an inappropriate comment meant as a joke. I'm sorry it was not received that way."'

That "joke" has contributed to the shootings of children in their own damn classrooms.

Your comment was shit, your joke was shit, and you are fucking shit. I mean that not as a joke, and I hope you received it that way.

Oct 25, 2017
Geez, can't even joke about wanting school children to be murdered so that a fat orange reality TV show host with a 4th grade reading level can continue to ruin the country from the White House without losing your job anymore. Everybody's so sensitive.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
"Sorry! It was meant to be a joke because kids getting shot up in a place that should be a safe haven for kids is funny."

Fuck this guy and his show.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, to joke about kids getting shot!? Fuck him and his entire life ahead of him. Nah, that evil comment had purpose and your consequences are fully deserved. You have a responsibility and chose to make those choices with that type of platform.
Never ever wish that shit on kids man. Disgusting.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I don't see how it being a joke is relevant. Like be an adult not a 4chan edge lord.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
No one was dumb enough to think it was a threat, guy, but you can still be fired for jokes in poor taste and lacking the mental faculties to avoid making them.
NO, there are dumb enough people to follow such jokes. Recent Texas shooting and others are exactly that, they are dumb enough to believe the mexicans are a threat and so they shoot.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
did this subhuman piece of garbage seriously just make a school shooting joke and gargled the balls of those conspiracy theories at the same time?

id say some shit but I've been banned for wishing violence before
i think it was more him trying to course correct, but honestly who can really say

anyway fuck this guy. all of these conservative dipshits think they can act like trump and just say what they want without consequence. fuck 'em all

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't give this POS any attention. Just report it to authorities if you feel inclined and move on. This is what garbage heaps like him want.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Great idea, wishing for a school shooting in the fucking area that Columbine happened.

While what happened didn't take place at a school, Aurora is also next door to Denver as well.

I dunno whether to be stupefied or amazed they thought they could get away joking about wanting any shooting period when both towns are 30 minutes away.

Life comes at you fast.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
What kind of fuckwit apology is that, they're sorry it wasn't taken differently - not sorry at all about what they said.

Someone hire me to do some training on how to give an apology, I'll charge half what your lost revenue from losing your career is.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Sorry it wasn't received that way."
Another way of saying "I'm not sorry about what I said, you guys are the ones overreacting."

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
EMHs_YiU8AAo1gK

KNUS is covering its ass as the show has been canceled in response to outrcry.
But the station management will run and hide, and just continue with similar shit, some choice quotes from the article I posted earlier:

The Proud Boys have been classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center and by the local Anti-Defamation League.

On Dec. 12, 9NEWS reported co-host Liberty Logan announced a move of the Major League Liberty podcast to KNUS, saying on Facebook, "Major League Liberty is going to its own website, we will be on the radio, not too long, on KNUS so be ready for that."

Soon after the podcast announcement, a KNUS employee by the Twitter handle "The Mom Who's Had It" wrote to Huey saying, "You were offered a meeting, three in fact, that you cancelled, to talk to me about paying to have your podcast hosted at Salem. The meeting has not and will not happen."

710KNUS host Peter Boyles has a history of featuring guests from VDARE, another organization classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

More Fun:

710KNUS won't comment on alleged neo-Nazi and Proud Boy connections

Denver radio station denies firing host for criticizing President Trump on air

It's a big split out here in Colorado, folks. Lots of Trump-lovers, got some in my own family. I have to have a lot of forgiveness in my heart for people I care for who have fallen for a politician's, and partisan news network's, lies. EDIT: Russian dictator's lies, president not smart enough to develop the lies.

But we have, real actual hate out here too. And it must be confronted.

I'm following the 9News reporter who's all over this on twitter now, https://twitter.com/jeremyjojola
He came to my attention with a recent investigative piece:

White supremacy groups and other hate organizations are getting more active in Colorado

Last edited:

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
710KNUS is the local radio station from Salem Media gifting Colorado with alt-right content like this asshead.

Someone there was in talks with the Proud Boys before a local news outlet outed them and got the station to pull the offer:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...ssure/73-36048f96-ccd2-47a3-ab4f-59da031089f7

Honestly I can't believe this shithead. My kids went to Columbine, you should see the supportive community the (recently retired) principal from the time of the shooting on created there with the students. All the shit my state has been through...

The station pulled the show of these jerks, again after public pressure, but they still need called out for their overall lack of judgement on the management side.

Fellow Coloradan checking in. It's easy when you're in the Boulder bubble to forget how viciously shitheaded some of the rest of our state can be. Thanks for running point on this 710KNUS grift. Shit needs to blowback hard.

While we're on the subject, one of their producers sure seems like a legit actual bonafide for real NAZI.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Fellow Coloradan checking in. It's easy when you're in the Boulder bubble to forget how viciously shitheaded some of the rest of our state can be. Thanks for running point on this 710KNUS grift. Shit needs to blowback hard.

While we're on the subject, one of their producers sure seems like a legit actual bonafide for real NAZI.

Hopefully other local media like Westword and some of the other news stations will stay on top of them. It was the Colorado Times Recorder that broke the story. Some dutiful souls are monitoring what these jerks are trying to get away with (taps quietly playing).

We might want a thread title change, really, the thread falls for the bait of blaming the actions on this guy. It's a pattern for the station, obviously.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Impeachment is eating them alive, from Trump all the way down.

Republicans are reaching heretofore unfathomable levels of Not Mad.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
It's really remarkable how the one key characteristic that seems to be holding the right wing together is a shared total lack of empathy. It's like there's a part of the basic human condition that is simply missing from these creatures.