• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
It's frustrating that after the ceasefire (which got drawn out for seemingly no other reason than to squeeze in more kills) IDF and settler violence like this will go back to being un-/underreported while everyone pats themselves on the back.
Because there is no boogeyman to deflect the blame to.
Barely anyone is gonna report Isreal is to blame for something, if a Hamas member had a loud fart, the US media and politicians will gladly trip over themselves to decry "Isreal has a right to defend itself"

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watching videos on YouTube questioning settlers about 'Palestinian land' is quite funny.

The same answer is given everytime.

"God gave us this land". The best answer they have is the word of the Torah.

The whole state of Israel needs to be describes as what it was and still is. A zionist settler colonial project.

How a people have managed to pull off such a horrific act against an indigenous population for so long and get away with it is quite the feat.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Watching videos on YouTube questioning settlers about 'Palestinian land' is quite funny.

The whole state of Israel needs to be describes as what it was and still is. A zionist settler colonial project.

How a people have managed to pull off such a horrific act against an indigenous population for so long and get away with it is quite the feat.

When Israel does it, its not illegal.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

Madness you see very intelligent academics have no problem with it. If this was anywhere else in the world the same people would be out condemning and saying occupation is wrong.

Same with politicians. But when it is Israel they are treated different. Colonisation is very much alive for the isralie state.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell

I am very familiar with their petty assholery but it never gets any less crazy. They are not even trying to hide it.
It's more or less the same thing that ticked off the latest conflict in Sheikh Jarrah. But Israel has been doing the same thing for the past 50 years.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
It's more or less the same thing that ticked off the latest conflict in Sheikh Jarrah. But Israel has been doing the same thing for the past 50 years.
For sure.

The strategy seems to be doing awful stuff to makee people mad and angry so that they attack. Then they use that as excuse to bomb or kill people and while that's happening they take over more of the country. And the worst part is nobody reports that as much as they do so when another wave of violence starts people would be sympathic to Israel's "defence".

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I would like those who claim Hamas are just terrorists to find me another people who have suffered this kind of oppression at the hand of colonial occupation that did not resist with arms if they had the capabilities to do so?

I fully understand targeting civilians isnt acceptable but any violence only starts due to the actions of the occupiers. The responsibility and blame should lie with Israel if or any civilian deaths come from a Hamas response.

You cannot keep poking the tiger and not expect the tiger start ripping people's to shreds.

I want to know what those who seem to think Hamas or other Palestinian groups should do nothing expect them to do instead?

It's easy to say only attack military targets but the Palestinians don't have bombs they can use to target specific targets.

There is also the question of what constitutes a civilian? Are settlers civilians or are they legit targets? I question whether those who activily take part in ethnic cleansing and population transfers at the expense of the indigenous population can claim to be innocent civilians.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is the guy Biden appeased to during the war that killed hundreds of Palestinians.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Point of Comparison

As an atheist this always seemed extremely stupid to me.
They have religious claim on the land and they want the rest of the world to respect and accept that.
But on that very same basis, Christian's antisemitism should also be respected because the Jews killed Christ.

I mean it's all bullshit if you ask me. But if i were to accept what they are doing now because some "holy" book says so, then i should also stand and watch if another Hitler rises and decides that from a Christian point of view, Jews should be exterminated.

Religion should not be taken into account and accepted on national and political matters at all.
I dont give a fuck what your imaginary friend told you, move the fuck away from my land.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
As an atheist this always seemed extremely stupid to me.
They have religious claim on the land and they want the rest of the world to respect and accept that.
But on that very same basis, Christian's antisemitism should also be respected because the Jews killed Christ.

I mean it's all bullshit if you ask me. But if i were to accept what they are doing now because some "holy" book says so, then i should also stand and watch if another Hitler rises and decides that from a Christian point of view, Jews should be exterminated.

Religion should not be taken into account and accepted on national and political matters at all.
I dont give a fuck what your imaginary friend told you, move the fuck away from my land.
The problem is, as soon as you point that out, they play the anti-Semitic card, and most people just shut up at that point.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
www.theguardian.com

Israel carries out Gaza Strip airstrike after militants release incendiary balloons

Fragile truce under threat after attack on the Palestinian enclave and violence amid Jewish ultranationalists parade through East Jerusalem

The flare-up in violence, a first test for Israel's new government sworn in three days ago, followed a march in East Jerusalem on Tuesday by Jewish nationalists that had drawn threats of action by Hamas, the ruling militant group in Gaza.

Ultranationalist provocation. We've had the G7 - & Biden in particular - shitting themselves about the Good Friday Agreement (no arguments with that) but when it comes to the occupied territories - nothing.

Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Israel carries out Gaza Strip airstrike after militants release incendiary balloons

Fragile truce under threat after attack on the Palestinian enclave and violence amid Jewish ultranationalists parade through East Jerusalem

Ultranationalist provocation. We've had the G7 - & Biden in particular - shitting themselves about the Good Friday Agreement (no arguments with that) but when it comes to the occupied territories - nothing.
Here we go again. They were just waiting for things to die down to try again.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
I know what the PA has the power to do is extremely limited but do they actually say anything about things like this?

Abbas and the PA are just an extension of the Isralie occupied government. He does what they tell him to do and in return they leave him alone.

The PA and there utter weakness ever since the Oslo agreements is why the settlements keep growing and growing. The support for them among Palestinians is so low and Abbas knows he will be kicked out of office if he ever has the guts to call and election.

Skyzar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't hear about this, from an article last month:

The letter was signed by 185 Israelis, including 10 Israel Prize recipients and 35 professors, in addition to senior reserve army officers, authors, intellectuals, left-wing activists and researchers.

"We wish to assert at this early stage our deep suspicion, based on past experience, that the State of Israel, including its investigative and legal institutions, has no intention to seriously investigate complaints of war crimes. Our suspicion is backed by a very large number of documented cases ostensibly involving war crimes committed by Israel in the Occupied Territories in gross violation of international law. Most of these cases have not been investigated at all, and a few have been concluded with acquittal following a superficial and inadequate investigation," the letter asserts.

"Sadly, despite Israel's image as a state that maintains a proper and professional legal system, the reality paints a different picture – harsh, discriminatory, and outrageous. The law imposed on the Occupied Territories and the manner in which it is applied by the Israeli enforcement and security agencies effectively allow ongoing acts of moral injustice and prima facie war crimes."

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the mods consider posting videos from social media as low-effort posting? Care to explain that one because I need to ask what the fuck is wrong with you guys? This entire incident was brought to light by posts like this.
Seconded. ZeroOman's threadban needs to be reversed. What is "low effort posting" when they are simply reporting news of daily warcrimes in Israel? Would you rather we make a separate OT to post Israel's ongoing genocide and daily warcrimes?