• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
iu

www.timesofisrael.com

15% of settlers are American, new research claims

Approximately 60,000 US Jews, out of the 170,000 in Israel, live in West Bank, study shows
There are slightly different numbers. But it's around that ballpark. There's also a wine named after Pompeo, just to give you some idea of what kind of people move there.
www.timesofisrael.com

For maker of West Bank ‘Pompeo’ wine, emphasizing product’s legitimacy is key

Psagot owner named blend for US secretary of state in salute to Trump administration's attitude to settlements, says labeling bottle '#madeinlegality' is a 'statement on morality'
No wonder some of the settlements look like american suburb. I guess it's a good place for Americans who wants quality education, suburban lifestyle and racial segregation.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how much the West really supports Israel, a country that is openly doing genocide and the majority of its population is supporting it. Chomsky explains it well.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I still can't get over how much the West really supports Israel, a country that is openly doing genocide and the majority of its population is supporting it. Chomsky explains it well.

Most of the West (note I'm not saying only the West) love shit like this. Look how much support and love Obama gets, even though he droned the shit out of the ME. France, on the other hand, fucked up its colonies while it had them, and after it left them (see Algeria in the 60s, iirc). The UK (the people as well as the government) fucking loves it's cunt of an empire. These behaviours have been hard coded into their cultures for centuries. Just look at the number of countries America has destabilised since WW2, and the number of direct wars and proxy wars it's fought. The West is not the collection of good guys it portrays itself (at this point of time I don't think there are any good guys, in terms of nations at least).

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Last time Bibi went to Southern Lebanon the IDF got their nose bloodied. I seriously doubt he wants to fight there again

While I doubt they want the situation to escalate with Lebanon right now, Israel is still at the Southern Lebanon border, continiously disregarding UN resolutions and treating the Lebanese border itself like it only exists for Lebanon themselves.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
I have just seen Biden say that Israel response is adequate WTF, how does this PoS improve in any way the previous PoS inhabitating the white house? Holy shit.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
There is no both sides here. West Bank and Jerusalem shows us that not retaliating will get the Palestinians absolutely nothing.

Talking about Hamas and the radical right Israel factions here, i'm not sure what the actual palestinian people and the actual Israeli population would say if you polled them about what THEY thought might be a way forward? The idea was to leave aside the radical factions and see what the actual populations would want. If you are suggesting they can no longer be separated from the radical elements, then yes, there truly is no hope and no end to the conflict indeed.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Talking about Hamas and the radical right Israel factions here, i'm not sure what the actual palestinian people and the actual Israeli population would say if you polled them about what THEY thought might be a way forward? The idea was to leave aside the radical factions and see what the actual populations would want. If you are suggesting they can no longer be separated from the radical elements, then yes, there truly is no hope and no end to the conflict indeed.

Israel is ostensibly a functioning democracy that reflects the general will of the people. How long has Netanyahu been in power?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
I can't even imagine what it would be like being a diplomat, trying desperately to find a way of negotiating well...ANYTHING at this point to find some kind of solution to a situation that is already messed up in so many ways, only to then see every little inch of tiny progress utterly demolished over and over again by the radical elements on both sides who are just doing their best to further poison any glimmer of hope there might ever be to find an acceptable outcome for both sides at this point.
What is this both sides nonsense?

Isreal holds all the cards, Isreal controls the land sea and air, Isreal, Isreal controls the food supply, the water supply and all utilities, Isreal controls all movement of Palestinians, Isreal controls everything and chose to make every facet of Palestinian life as miserable as possible, that is what got us here.

There are no both sides, there is one side with all the power and control, the other with none, one side the occupier, the other the oppressed.

The choice is with only one party here.

Dont give me your nonsensical drivel.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I watched Hasan talk about this and I was wondering if anyone could answer this (extremely dumb and uneducated) question for me. Does Canada have a part in supporting the IDF? In that I mean is a portion of our taxes going to programs etc.. again I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge on this.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I watched Hasan talk about this and I was wondering if anyone could answer this (extremely dumb and uneducated) question for me. Does Canada have a part in supporting the IDF? In that I mean is a portion of our taxes going to programs etc.. again I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge on this.
not the most familiar with Canadian policy, but I did see a Canadian politician call for the end of arm sales to Israel, so I'm guessing they at least sell arms to Israel.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, this started bc the Israeli PM wanted to put himself back in power, and he has it now? So he can just deescalate and enjoy his rule but doesn't?

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
It's way older than 1400 years, try 2000 years rather or more. The 1400 years narrative is, mind you, handpicked. Because guess what? That is the starting point of Islam's spread to the Levant.

Hence they make it sound like it was muslims/Arabs (who have been in the area before Islam i.e. Nabateans or Ghassanids) who are responsible for their exodus.

This approach is very common in the Israeli narrative, trying to blame Palestinians for their misfortunes or disasters. You even see Palestinians being blamed for the Holocaust, when the grand mufti in reality played a very minor role, at best.
It is also a sinister, and disgusting betrayal of history. In 70 AD the Romans destroyed the temple and banned Jews from worshipping in Jerusalem. The Christian Romans used the temple mount as a garbage dump for centuries.

In 637, Umar Ibn Khattab, the father in law, and friend of the prophet Muhammad removed the Romans. He guaranteed freedom of worship for Jews, Christians and Muslims. He allowed Jews to come back and worship alongside Muslims, and Christians.

Hundreds of years later, a Kurdish Muslim known as Sallahudin (Salladin!) would take an example from Umar, and do the same.

Historically speaking, Jews and Muslims had always been close. Zionism is a complete betrayal of Jewish and Muslim relations. It's inhumane, and dangerous cult.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Israel is ostensibly a functioning democracy that reflects the general will of the people. How long has Netanyahu been in power?

Too long. Still there are those that didn't vote for him and probably others who did but wouldn't agree with genocide. I don't know if the alternatives to him would have done more to help the situation, though they can't have been worse i'd say.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
It is also a sinister, and disgusting betrayal of history. In 70 AD the Romans destroyed the temple and banned Jews from worshipping in Jerusalem. The Christian Romans used the temple mount as a garbage dump for centuries.

In 637, Umar Ibn Khattab, the father in law, and friend of the prophet Muhammad removed the Romans. He guaranteed freedom of worship for Jews, Christians and Muslims. He allowed Jews to come back and worship alongside Muslims, and Christians.

Hundreds of years later, a Kurdish Muslim known as Sallahudin (Salladin!) would take an example from Umar, and do the same.

Historically speaking, Jews and Muslims had always been close. Zionism is a complete betrayal of Jewish and Muslim relations. It's inhumane, and dangerous cult.

Arabisation of the Levantine people came from the Muslim conquest. The embraced Islam and accepted the Arab culture over 1400 years.

The Palestinians that have lived there are genetically similar to Jews because their ancestors were the Jews who settled there with Moses, accepted Jesus as the Messiah and then finally accepted Islam. Their ancestors were the original Israelites, the first Jewish Christians and the Jews told to return after the Muslim conquest. The became arabised because of Islam.
Many genetic studies have demonstrated that most of the various Jewish ethnic divisions and Druze, Palestinians, Bedouin, Lebanese people and other Levantines cluster near one another genetically. Many studies have found that Jews and Palestinians are closer to each other than the Palestinians or European Jews are to non-Jewish Europeans or Africans. They also found substantial genetic overlap between Israeli and Palestinian Arabs and Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews. A small but statistically significant difference was found in the Y-chromosomal haplogroup distributions of Sephardic Jews and Palestinians, but no significant differences were found between Ashkenazi Jews and Palestinians nor between the two Jewish communities, However, a highly distinct cluster was found in Palestinian haplotypes. 32% of the 143 Arab Y-chromosomes studied belonged to this "I&P Arab clade", which contained only one non-Arab chromosome, that of a Sephardic Jew. This could possibly be attributed to the geographical isolation of the Jews or to the immigration of Arab tribes in the first millennium. The Druze people, a "genetic sanctuary" for the diversity of the Near East in antiquity, have been found in genetic studies to be the closest to Jews of the populations in the Levant. Lebanese also cluster closely with Jewish ethnic groups, closer than Syrians and Palestinians, according to a 2010 study by Behar et al. In contrast to the very close Jewish, Lebanese, and Druze grouping was the Palestinian grouping, which was closest to Saudis and Bedouins, suggesting significant ancestry from the Arabian Peninsula in contrast to the more Levantine stock of the former groups.

The single archeogenetic study of the southern Levant (Salamon et al., 2010) explored mtDNA haplogroups of Chalcolithic period from a cave in the Judean Desert. The prevailing mtDNA haplogroups were those in U3a, Hand H6 haplogroup. "U3 is quite frequent in contemporary mtDNA from Near Eastern and Levantine samples suggesting some temporal continuity in mtDNA haplogroups from as far back as the Chalcolithic Era (circa 4500-4000 BCE). In addition, the authors found that the U3a and H6 haplotypes from the ancient DNA samples were present in a broad range of contemporary Jewish populations".

Last edited:

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
User threadbanned, further action pending review: Inflammatory point of comparison, Do not invoke Nazi comparisons in this topic
Wtf are you talking about. Were the Warsaw Ghetto fighters radical? Hell no. They were fighting to defend themselves against a murderous cult. Hamas is doing the same. You think people whose lives have been turned into a hell for generations are going to fit your standard? Of course they're bad, but there's no equivalence here.

Meanwhile these Zionists roaming the streets running their own Kristal nacht, who do they remind you of?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any kind of strong anti war movement in Israel.

Any MP's who actually call for the end of armed conflict?

Same with settlement expansion. No major movement that tries to opppose this and stop it?

Surely there is enough people in Israel just sick of seeing conflict with Palestinians and want peace?

I would have hoped that the younger generations by now would have realised how stupid this is and opressing the Arabs, stealing land from Arabs is just wrong and its time for change.

There must be Israeli human rights organisations who are against all this.

Last edited:

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Wtf are you talking about. Were the Warsaw Ghetto fighters radical? Hell no. They were fighting to defend themselves against a murderous cult. Hamas is doing the same. You think people whose lives have been turned into a hell for generations are going to fit your standard? Of course they're bad, but there's no equivalence here.

Meanwhile these Zionists roaming the streets running their own Kristal nacht, who do they remind you of?

This is all true. But how do you propose they go from here? I guess it's just hard to accept the fact that there is literally nothing that can be done to stop this and find an outcome that both could live with. Those zionists don't speak for everyone after all.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021

I saw this.

it particularly hurts with me because I was only 8 years old, when the war in Lebanon broke out in 2006 and it was a deeply traumatic experience for me, having my grandmother call us out of the blue to tell us an Israeli jet was over her building and how she was trying to flee.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
This is all true. But how do you propose they go from here? I guess it's just hard to accept the fact that there is literally nothing that can be done to stop this and find an outcome that both could live with. Those zionists don't speak for everyone after all.

How did the Apartheid in South-Africa end? Could do the same here. If the freedom and democracy loving USA give their permission of course.

Buck Dancer

Oct 27, 2017
Arabisation of the Levantine people came from the Muslim conquest. The embraced Islam and accepted the Arab culture over 1400 years.

The Palestinians that have lived there are genetically similar to Jews because their ancestors were the Jews who settled there with Moses, accepted Jesus as the Messiah and then finally accepted Islam. Their ancestors were the original Israelites, the first Jewish Christians and the Jews told to return after the Muslim conquest. The became arabised because of Islam.

That is not necessarily true. Again, google the Ghassandis for example. A Christian-Arabic vassal state in the Levant founded at least 300 years before Islam spreading who fought the Muslims There are numerous minor Arabic kingdoms pre-Islam, meaning that it is not Arabinzed or Arabic immigration from the Arabian peninsula through Islamic expansion.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019

The "literally nothing" only applies to us forum members, there's plenty that USA and the West in general could do, for a start USA could just stop protecting Israel from all political and economic consequences of their actions. Even the most toothless political resolutions are vetoed by USA.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Crazy. A democracy usually will see a difference of opinion and MP's who will not just sit back and accept a state going to war.
Leftist Israelis, and pro equality Israelis are marginalized and arrested for protesting and speaking up. It's a fascist colonalist ethnostate motivated by religious zealousness. It's abhorrent in every way.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
The "literally nothing" only applies to us forum members, there's plenty that USA and the West in general could do, for a start USA could just stop protecting Israel from all political and economic consequences of their actions. Even the most toothless political resolutions are vetoed by USA, that means you can't even talk bad about Israel.

Yeah but you said it yourself : "could". They didn't and the won't start now for the same old obvious reasons. So in essence, it would have to be a situation that the US would be "comfortable" enough with and that would still somewhat appease both Israel and Palestine, allowing Isreal to save face in a sense and giving Palestinians enough that they can accept it. I guess i'm not holding my breath for something like this happening anytime soon :(