• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the other times he hosted, but his last few years on Twitter have soured me on him. I miss podcast-era Gervais.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
"Did you know..."

*audience falls silent*

"...I identify..."

*audience leans forward with anticipation*

"...as an Oscar winner?"

*audience loses their minds, people frothing at the mouth with excitement, somebody stands up and starts clapping and the whole theater bursts into a standing ovation. Ricky ascends from the stage into the heavens in a bright flash of light, having transcended his mortal body into a comedic god. The telecast is interrupted as the sheer force of the clapping in the audience creates an electromagnetic pulse that knocks out power to a third of Los Angeles. Twelve people go into cardiac arrest. Kevin Hart, in the front row, is laughing so hard his body turns inside out. The audience slowly asphyxiates as they are laughing so hard they forget to breathe. Joker is ultimately robbed of Best Picture in favor of Avengers: Endgame. Martin Scorsese is seen lying facedown, unresponsive, in row seven*
you put way more effort into this than Gervais deserves

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Along with James Corden, Ricky Gervais is one of the UK exports I feel obliged to apologise to Americans for.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing transphobia
How funny are his transphobic jokes? How highly would you rate them?
Not that funny. But on average he's very funny imo.
Of course here that instantly means people will call you alt right and stuff.. but okay. Yes, i have to admit that the man can make me laugh very hard and has done so in the past. The Office, The ricky Gervais show with Pilkington and Merchant. And i though After Life was a moving show.

I especially love his transphobia! Ha ha haaaaa~! Making fun of trans folks, the highlight of comedy!

/s
That's literally putting words in my mouth. Never said that. But go on.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Hopefuly the millionare comedian has the time to host between name searching on twitter and saying the one joke over and over again.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that funny. But on average he's very funny imo.
Of course here that instantly means people will call you alt right and stuff.. but okay. Yes, i have to admit that the man can make me laugh very hard and has done so in the past. The Office, The ricky Gervais show with Pilkington and Merchant. And i though After Life was a moving show.

That's literally putting words in my mouth. Never said that. But go on.

Sure, this sudden defense of a known transphobe with "But he's funny" is not amusing in the slightest. And going with "oh it's only Era that hates him" when there is a clear reason why people do not like him is also unamusing. But hey, he's funny, so everything is alright.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The last time he hosted, it was kinda lame. I liked his hosting the first couple times, not exactly excited about him this time around, but I hope I'm wrong.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, this sudden defense of a known transphobe with "But he's funny" is not amusing in the slightest. And going with "oh it's only Era that hates him" when there is a clear reason why people do not like him is also unamusing. But hey, he's funny, so everything is alright.
No, but why not ask me questions instead of answering it in my name? The one joke you people here refer to wasn't funny to me.
And he has made other jokes that weren't weren't funny to me. So he never made you laugh? Okay, great. But just because he has made me laugh doesn't mean i'm some kind of monster.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
No, but why not ask me questions instead of answering it in my name? The one joke you people here refer to wasn't funny to me.
And he has made other jokes that weren't weren't funny to me. So he never made you laugh? Okay, great. But just because he has made me laugh doesn't mean i'm some kind of monster.

I love his XFM show, Extras and the first season of The Office but I'm struggling to think of anything he's done in the last 10 years that I've found funny. Even the Liam Neeson bit from Life's Too Short is 8 years old. He's way way past his sell-by-date.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I love his XFM show, Extras and the first season of The Office but I'm struggling to think of anything he's done in the last 10 years that I've found funny. Even the Liam Neeson bit from Life's Too Short is 8 years old. He's way way past his sell-by-date.
After Life is a good show imo. Although it's probably more drama than comedy.
I think he's roughly the same as he was. And i can imagine people having seen enough of that.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I can't wait to see an alt-right pandering millionaire make tame, milquetoast jokes towards celebrities while other people pretend what he said was brave or edgy.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh. He is not funny to me at all. Gimme Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle. Although I guess Chris only does Oscars and Dave is too rich for that shit now.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Ricky Gervais is human garbo. Fuck him.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
But just because he has made me laugh doesn't mean i'm some kind of monster.

Liking Thriller doesn't make you a monster, but going into a thread about Michael Jackson and pretending he wasn't a monster and gleefully talking about how you like his music makes you a bit of a dick.

There just happens to be something about assholes that makes people want to defend.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Liking Thriller doesn't make you a monster, but going into a thread about Michael Jackson and pretending he wasn't a monster and gleefully talking about how you like his music makes you a bit of a dick.

There just happens to be something about assholes that makes people want to defend.
You think Ricky Gervais is a monster like MJ?
I understand what you mean but this is a thread about him presenting the Golden Globes.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
You think Ricky Gervais is a monster like MJ?
I understand what you mean but this is a thread about him presenting the Golden Globes.

Obviously not. Michael Jackson is much worse.

Gervais does active harm to those who are most vulnerable in our society, so he doesn't deserve any quarter. He's a piece of shit who is actively making the world a worse place.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's interesting because on his XFM show, he chides Karl and Steve for not using politically correct terms.
I suppose there's more money in transphobic jokes now. I'm not even entirely sure why he was picked to host the show the first time. Feels like between XFM and that first hosting gig, he wasn't doing much of anything.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): Dismissing transphobia
Thanks for your support for the LGBT+ community here.

You say Ricky is transphobic, I say you're deluded.

But please continue to turn the thread into your personal keyboard vendetta when it doesn't have anything to do with it.

Another one going to the VIP list smh...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You say Ricky is transphobic, I say you're deluded.

But please continue to turn the thread into your personal keyboard vendetta when it doesn't have anything to do with it.

Another one going to the VIP list smh...
Bruh there's like 5 examples of his lazy and shitty transphobia in this very thread.

It's one thing to admit that and still enjoy his other material (which has basically been the same thing for the last several years so not sure why anyone would defend him now when it's clear his best days are behind him) but to flat out deny his transphobia is wack.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is he gonna trot out the one joke? On the edge of my seat here!

He's an overvalued millionaire himself.
EIPtVL0WsAEqaP0

Also wow these threads always get transphobes to come out of the woodwork.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the struggle here. Not only is Gervais transphobic....he's terribly unfunny. How does he keep getting work?