• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
I liked that their relationship ended over how many people it's ok to murder and the justifications behind it.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Was surprised a lot of people weren't feeling this episode. I thought it was hilarious. Both plotlines were awesome, and seeing Morty go ham on Planetinas kids was a highlight.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So Morty's now had two super-powered girls walk/fly away at the end of the episode this season.

There's no way that's not coming back.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was surprised a lot of people weren't feeling this episode. I thought it was hilarious. Both plotlines were awesome, and seeing Morty go ham on Planetinas kids was a highlight.

I thought it was overall one of the worst episodes in a long, long time. Especially the whole Rick and Summer thing has been "done".

Morty going ham was indeed one saving grace, but we have seen that before too.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

I really liked the Morty storyline, and the kids being all grown up was a great unexpected twist. Rick and Summer felt a bit flat and one note for me.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but off the back of two amazing episodes, I can see how some people were disappointed.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Genuinely surprised that the last episode left its emotional beats intact instead of undercutting them with humour. This felt like the first episode since season 2 that had some real heart to it. Good stuff.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So, do you think this season they're making a group of enemies to fight them at the season finale or something?

I realized on reflecting all three episodes so far, Season 5 has side characters in every episode so far who start off as friendly enough, which by the end are on bad terms with the Smith family or members of the family, but nothing really happens to them and they kinda' just are put to the side for the moment.

In episode 1 we have Mr. Nimbus.
In episode 2, we have Somebody Hunt Me
In episode 3, we have Planetina.

I'm going to keep tabs on the episodes coming up in this season to see if this trend continues, but I just was thinking about it, and I'm wondering if it's a conscious thing they're doing in the season leading up to something? Just a theory, no way to tell for now, to see if this trend continues through the rest of the season or not.

Oct 27, 2017
So, do you think this season they're making a group of enemies to fight them at the season finale or something?

I realized on reflecting all three episodes so far, Season 5 has side characters in every episode so far who start off as friendly enough, which by the end are on bad terms with the Smith family or members of the family, but nothing really happens to them and they kinda' just are put to the side for the moment.

In episode 1 we have Mr. Nimbus.
In episode 2, we have Somebody Hunt Me
In episode 3, we have Planetina.

I'm going to keep tabs on the episodes coming up in this season to see if this trend continues, but I just was thinking about it, and I'm wondering if it's a conscious thing they're doing in the season leading up to something? Just a theory, no way to tell for now, to see if this trend continues through the rest of the season or not.
Previous seasons had others do this like Supernova who just slipped out through the crowd. Seems like they're either building up to something like this or they just like keeping these characters in the R&M universe for if they ever need them again.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The best jokes were the little throwaway gags.

"I am a unique character and do not represent any particular group of people!"

Summer being grossed out after swimming through the alien orgy.

Also had a real nostalgic moment when I saw the episode was written by Rob Schrab. Took me a few minutes to place the name, but then I remembered: SCUD THE DISPOSABLE ASSASSIN!

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Morty has ever officially had sex with a real person. Sex doll in Gazorpagorp, him getting mermaid puss was only theorized as an offshoot, and Planetina is an mish-mash of spiritual powers shaped into an living entity.

If you don't count his partner during the save reset episode you get into the territory of which morty morty is.

Easier to just say he has fucked.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summer cocking up to kill the fertilized egg, only to be stopped because "that is a human life" had me howling lmfao goddammit

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
The episode had some funny ideas and the comedic tension of Morty's secret was great, but I don't know about the final two-thirds after the reveal. Is it just me, or did it feel a bit off?

Like some dialogue bits way overstayed their welcome, the overly self-congratulatory verbal irony, the weird focus on unsatisfying bit characters. It was the first time this show stylistically felt like an episode of Family Guy, and that's nothing even to do with the crassness of the plot.