• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Time dilation works both ways.
Too quickly, though.

EDIT: I remember that one episode of Invincible. Still kind of confused comparing it here.

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Having the previews be such a small part of the screen seems a little stupid

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great opener. Mr. Nimbus is already a classic. The plots coming together at the end really worked for me. And I'm glad Beth and Jerry both stuck with it in the stinger. All around great development for everybody.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Time dilation works both ways.
Too quickly, though.

EDIT: I remember that one episode of Invincible. Still kind of confused comparing it here.
Apparently Morty is immune, since at least a week should have passed getting the wine!
It really only works the one way. Morty was gone for less than a milisecond in real time every time he walked into dog Narnia. Jessica got put into suspended animation not too long after she was pulled through which preserved her body but she was apparently conscious the entire time

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to watch at 11 so I guess I'll catch it tomorrow.
www.adultswim.com

Watch Rick and Morty on Adult Swim

Rick is a mad scientist who drags his grandson, Morty, on crazy sci-fi adventures. Their escapades often have potentially harmful consequences for their family and the rest of the world. Join Rick and Morty on AdultSwim.com as they trek through alternate dimensions, explore alien planets, and...

Oct 25, 2017
It really only works the one way. Morty was gone for less than a milisecond in real time every time he walked into dog Narnia. Jessica got put into suspended animation not too long after she was pulled through which preserved her body but she was apparently conscious the entire time
Pretty much. I read it wrong at the start.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really love how much meta tension this show has involving canonical/serialized plotting versus episodes being treated as one off goofs. I like that it basically pisses on armchair detective internet nerds who spend way too much time analyzing this stuff but it also allows for them to continue the plot threads they actually have meaningful ideas for and ditch others that are dead ends.

It's a good start to the season.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn the B story was dark as fuck. Mr. Nimbus is oddly endearing

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was just okay. No particularly inventive jokes, nothing I'd want to revisit, but certainly not a bad episode.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I liked it, good use of a Narnia dimension, even though it was obviously not trying to be consistent with just how much time was passing, but honestly who cares. Mr Nimbus was awful enough to work as a deliberately awful character and I mean, what can you do? He controls the police.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Honestly wanted to see Morty use the brain blaster on Jessica at the end so she would just forget everything. Would've been a good change and growth to his character now that he's more assertive and take-action.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really love how much meta tension this show has involving canonical/serialized plotting versus episodes being treated as one off goofs. I like that it basically pisses on armchair detective internet nerds who spend way too much time analyzing this stuff but it also allows for them to continue the plot threads they actually have meaningful ideas for and ditch others that are dead ends.

But what if you watch it at 0.25x speed!

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So good to have Rick & Morty back. I forgot how quickly everything escalates lol.

Last edited:

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the side story more than the Nimbus one. Still very happy to have them back.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
We got Namor in this now? Ok!

Good episode, really excited for the rest of the season.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
There's one interesting nugget in this episode: his origin story about Diane may actually be true.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Damn. What the fuck is Rick turning Morty into..a much less smart version of his current self? Its even more apparent now than before. At least he'll have more confidence, but he straight up didn't get a child hood and his adolescence is fucked too, not to mention the collateral damage with Jessica...eesh. This is gonna get messy in a way that even Rick cant fix.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I wonder if they can do a morty mind blower on Jessica to make her forget her experience while frozen
But I feel like this is their way of getting out of the morty Jessica crush thing going all the way back from season 1

Really great episode, I hated the train episode premiere last year but this premiere had it all, mister nimbus saves the day

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Jessica's speech at the end is a meta-commentary about her role in the show as only being Morty's crush.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't show her much but I liked Summer's role of being the dependable person to go and go the underwater mission.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Good start to the season. I loved how "obvious" it was that Nymbus controlled the police, in that anytime it was brought up, it was treated like "no shit, what else would his powers be?!"

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Really curious how they work with Jessica going forward. It seems like a big enough thing they'll have to acknowledge it next time she shows up.

Also, loved that Mr. Nimbus was genuinely threatening when push came to shove. Like, apparently he can control the oceans on 'any' planet AND teleport sealife while there?