• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
He's just wrong on this. Content creators should know better than just a random kid with zero followers to not burn the bridge they're standing on.

Come on man. A ton of people have jobs — and most of them know not to do anything that's going to destroy their ability to make a living.

Simple as that. Games or not.
100%. If you are using streaming as your main revenue you better make sure you are following ToS and any other policy's. If not you don't get a free pass to do whatever you want(although Twitch does let a LOT of stuff get through the cracks)

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The only difference is the content creator gets paid for being a piece of shit.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
What kind of bullshit reasoning is that? You're not above the rules just because you make money off of it and you're popular. In fact, it's worse when you cheat when you're in that position. Idiot...

ShadowFlare

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This kind of thinking is what leads celebrities, athletes, and politicians to believe they are above the law.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
What a stupid fucking take by Ninja. Cheating in games deserves a permaban every time.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everything that dribbles out of this dude's mouth is just baffling. But I guess thats par fort he course for the ultra popular streamers who think theyre above it all.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Lol, what? It's the equivalent to saying you shouldn't be fired for acting like a shitheel at work.

Just behave, and you won't be banned.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
The fact that people make money of something should mean they should treat that thing with more respect and follow it's rules more closely, not the opposite.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
does Ninja still yell about being stream sniped every time he gets killed

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
"BUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!"

This is the world upside down lol, if you're a "content creator" and you risk your income by using hacks you deserve the ban even more then some 12y old who wants to win videogames.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The guy who wouldn't stream with women out of fear of compromising his relationship has more shitty opinions? Shocking.

Thac

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
So wait - what if I make a YouTube channel and have no followers. Do I count as a content creator? Should I get a free pass to be an asshole in games because "the lulz"?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
If you're not good enough to win without cheating, you don't deserve any viewers.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The only way this is going to work is if developers create a separate sandbox for content creators to go nuts in with different supported rule-sets for entertainment purposes.

Until then, this just sounds like a shitty 1% claiming the rules doesn't apply to him and his.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
This is a poor take on it, though personally their ban system is out of proportion. This guy got a permanent ban which is fair I don't dispute that but the guys cheating in the Fortnite tournaments got disqualified and suspended for two weeks. It should just be a permanent ban for stuff like this.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Don't do stupid things & you won't get banned. I could see an argument for reducing the ban to a few months or something, but of course people should get banned if they cheat and make a video showing off what using the software looks like, as it encourages further cheating. Ninja stays ignorant it appears :P

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Whether playing a game is a career to you or not is no one else's problem but your own. The consequences should be the same for everybody or it's not a game worth playing.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for this dipshit to lose all of his followers (and somehow money) for this shitty attitude. It's not like he exactly "worked hard" for them...show some appreciation and grace for the fact that you've been given this position for playing video games on camera - you're not better than anyone else.

Jesus.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Everyone wants their children to get a good education, but at the same time they're allowing them to watch and be influenced by idiots like this.
Screw the so-called 'dangers' of horror movies, violent games and sexual content, it's the Ninja's and Logan Pauls of the world that should get a warning label.
"Warning, irresponsible self-indulging idiot! Will try to harm your kids brain for profit."

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with Ninja. No one should be fired or lose money for breaking the rules at their job. I mean sure some people were killed when that bridge I designed collapsed because I ignored standards and regulations but I might lose my income!

Jan 11, 2018
Fuck that. People of power and influence should absolutely be held to the same standards as us normal lowly folk. What a stupid thing to say.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Yea I agree with him. Content creators need to push boundaries and a minor slip up can put them out of work for good. I also think they shouldn't be held accountable for racist comments and hate speech. Like under the stress and stuff they should be able to blurt out whatever they want like that guys gay and stuff. Like it's obviously wrong but their livelihood is at stake and we should be supportive. Also beating their wives. I heard an awful story that a guy hit his wife on stream with his baby in the background and got banned. Such a shame he was a great content creator and this really shouldn't happen.

Hopefully Ninja's sound words reach the right people and start changing the world for the better.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for this dipshit to lose all of his followers (and somehow money) for this shitty attitude. It's not like he exactly "worked hard" for them...show some appreciation and grace, jesus.

This is a poor comment, I mean he was for quite some time essentially doing 15 hour days of streaming. That is not what I would call easy work and doing it everyday would be exhausting.