• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

Richard Donner Dies: ‘Superman’, ‘Lethal Weapon’ And ‘The Goonies’ Director Was 91

Richard Donner, the prolific Hollywood director and producer who helmed some of the most iconic movies of the 1970s and '80s, died at 91.

Richard Donner, the prolific Hollywood director and producer whose helming credits include some of the most iconic movies of the 1970s and '80s including the Christopher Reeve-starring Superman, The Goonies and the Mel Gibson-Danny Glover buddy cop series Lethal Weapon, has died. He was 91.

Donner died Monday, according to his wife, the producer Lauren Schuler Donner, and his business manager.
More to come.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Lethal Weapon 1 is pretty much a perfect movie.

Goddamn. This fucking sucks.

Had no idea he was 91 though.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
RIP. Donner gave us lots of good stuff, Lethal Weapon especially is one of my favorites of all time.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
One of those directors I grew up watching and loving their films

RIP

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The scene where Superman saves Lois from the crashed helicopter is still one of the most amazing superhero scenes ever filmed.

And it holds up very well still to this day.

Rest In Peace.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
zpbDRSC.gif

The scene where Superman saves Lois from the crashed helicopter is still one of the most amazing superhero scenes ever filmed.

And it holds up very well still to this day.

Rest In Peace.

You'll believe a man can fly.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
As a kid, I'll always be thankful for making me believe that a man can fly. And as a teen for his Leathal Weapon action comedies.

R.I.P. Mr D.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck RIP. A legend whose legacy will live on.

Sad day first Raffaella Carrá and then this 😢

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Gave Fiege a chance with his company and helping on X-Men 99

Loved Superman so much, he helped wrote it.

Cut his teeth on TV since the 60s.

His influence was felt for 5 decades and beyond. That's legendary status.

I mean, ERA should know, y'all memed one of his films
d91.gif

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK. He was a fucking amazing director. The original Superman movie still holds up as an incredible movie, not just a superhero movie, but a great film.

And also he made Lethal Weapon, The Goonies, and so much other cool stuff. He will be missed.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Mel Gibson aside, I'm sad that Donner will never get to direct Lethal Weapon 5 considering he always remained so passionate about doing it.

Rest in peace.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Once these old celebrities hit 80+ I feel less sad that they died, and just admire that they lived long, full lives.

RIP sir.