• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hate these types of videos, fuck you Steve Harvey and stupid hustle culture. I'll enjoy my 8 hours of sleep thank you very much.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
literally a lie because every single rich person i know personally sleeps more than 8 hours, and i get less than 5 while making 30k yearly.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Just like the "we all have the same 24hrs"

Another quote lot of wealthy people say to make it seem like there's a formula to it.

Just nonsense.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
first 2 seconds, "this reminds me of those stupid instagram videos where it shows people working out with inspirational speeches over it."......and there it is. Just missing the incel-ish moment about not needing relationships or anyone else to become an entrepreneur and stay on the grind/keep up the hustle

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i sleep like 4-5 hours a night and bust ass every day.

where's my money

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
That's why they die young even though they spend hundreds of thousands on doctors.

Healthy rich people do sleep 8 hours btw.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is at the very least true of my former boss who was really big on micromanaging and would start working at like 4am. We don't know if this man ever got sleep.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Steve Harvey. Misogynistic, homophobic, wealth-obsessed, pseudo-motivational speaker asshole.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My first question is: Why is this video uploaded in September playing Christmas music?

Steve Harvey is a piece of garbage.

Fuck hustle culture and I am willing to bet that's total bullshit.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this is what riches look like.

1322784597002.jpg

I caught Steve Harvey on his morning radio show here in chicago a few weeks ago and he sounded like he was half dead. Man needs to say no to a job once in awhile

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
The only really rich person (10M euro on the bank) I know spent half his working days relaxing in the sauna and always went home early lol. He considered his lazy bum nature to be his most important asset because it ensured he was always trying to be as efficient as possible, getting as much work done is as little amount of time and effort as possible.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If they don't sleep it's because they choose to not sleep, as opposed to Bills, Rent, Work Stress, etc, keeping them up all night. Just bragging about how good they have it basically.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Rich people convince themselves they are incredibly hard workers but a lot of them are lazy as shit. I remember an article about some executive who was ranting about how they work 12 hour days, but they included picking up dry cleaning, having expensive lunches with coworkers, and picking up their kids from expensive daycare in their 12 hour work days. Some people lie to themselves.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
These types of people think that spending some time on your laptop googling "how to invest in crypto" while watching TV equals hustling/grinding.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a good 8 hours every night is one of the best things I can do for my health and wellness long term. I'm not giving that up so I can work more.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
More "work more for more success" propaganda, nice.

I spent many years averaging 60-80 hours working a week and only sleeping about 4 hours a day, so I expect when I look into my bank account I'll see that whooooa wait a minute I'm not a millionaire THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, I sleep a lot.

Hustle culture and these grind videos are bollocks though. Not every rich person sleeps less than 8 hours, reads a fuckton of books, wakes up at 5, jogs an hour, etc, etc. There is an immense amount of luck involved.

This mindset being even more widely spread on social media about <8 hours sleep and just hustle, hustle, hustle, is unhealthy and dangerous to boot. Not everyone is destined for greatness.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is straight up not true. Rich people sleep, they sleep more than poor people. Poor people don't sleep.

Last edited:

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Rich people explaining why they're successful is always so funny. Try sleeping less lmao idk. None of them have any idea. So much success is random chance. Steve Harvey could very easily have ended up the funniest guy at the car dealership if just a couple things break different. Obviously a lot of this shit comes from people want to be rich and asking rich people how it's done seems to make sense. Folks with money are nothing if not good at identifying earning opportunities.
I think there is another reason this content never goes away. Subconsciously, rich people know it's fucked up they make so much more than normal people and that it's mostly due to cosmic dice roles. Their brain cooks up a defense mechanism that insists that it's actually about personal choice, work ethic, will to win, or any other subtitle to your favorite self help book.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I think these culture videos/ideas/blogs/vlogs are toxic, yes. But I do know that to get to a class of corporate executive level, you do need to stay on all the time. And there are personality types that absolutely love that and thrive on it. Which IMO is ok. It all depends on you personality and what you like to do.