• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, he's always said he wanted to die in the ring.

ESPN said:
Ric Flair, one of the most well-known and revered professional wrestlers in history, will perform in one last match July 31, sources told ESPN on Monday. Flair, 73, will step into the ring at the Nashville Fairgrounds on an independent card that will stream live on FITE TV.

Flair, a two-time WWE Hall of Famer and 16-time world champion, has not wrestled in a match since Sept. 12, 2011, a bout for Impact Wrestling against longtime rival Sting. His last WWE match was in 2008 at WrestleMania XXIV against Shawn Michaels. Flair's opponent for July 31 remains unclear. It's also unknown whether it will be a singles or tag team match.

"I'm going to walk that aisle one last time to prove once and for all that to be the Man, you've got to beat the Man," Flair said in a statement to ESPN.

Flair's final match will take place the day after WWE SummerSlam, which also is in Nashville. The event will take place immediately after the Starrcast V wrestling convention and expo at the Nashville Fairgrounds, which has hosted several historic pro-wrestling moments over the years.

Update:

Last edited:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like he had another separation this year. I wonder if that has something to do with this need to make some $$$.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Weird reporting by espn..."he said in a statement to ESPN".

No he posted that sentence on his social media page, not directly to ESPN. Although not technically wrong it makes it sound like they got the scoop. Lol

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I don't regularly watch WWE but the last time I remember seeing Flair, he was part of a storyline where he might have been the father of another WWE superstars baby. It was so cringe I couldn't believe it was an actual thing lol

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I heard he was teaming with FTR against the Rock n Roll Express and another.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
dirt sheets were saying it's a 6-man tag, Flair & FTR vs Rock & Roll Express & somebody

Terry Funk was doing 6-man tags in his 70s, it's an easy payday

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Woooo!!! "You're talking to the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing (WOO!)
Wheeling dealing, Limousine riding, Jet Flying, son of a gun
And I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down!"

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Looks like he had another separation this year. I wonder if that has something to do with this need to make some $$$.

The woman he was separated from was not his actual wife and he said that she still is serving as the manager of his affairs, so I doubt it. Ric Flair never needed a separation or divorce to burn his money, they just sped up the process.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
man, i fucking love Ric Flair and even i don't want to see this.