• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
What the?!
That sounds awesome!

This just made me even more excited about The Last Jedi, Lucasfilm must really have a lot of faith in Rian.

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
I am really hyped for The Last Jedi now( not that I wasn't already hyped before). If they are going all in on Rian, this means that they he must have made a masterpiece with TLJ.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I bet this series of movies is where he casts Joseph Gordon levitt in a part

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well holy shit. Disney must be blown away with The Last Jedi

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

Thank god. The worst part of TFA was how every significant character in the galaxy is either a Skywalker or related to one. It makes a massive epic universe feel so small and constrained.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly more interesting than the mainline movies, assuming, of course, these don't replace the mainline movies after Star Wars 9.

Star Wars has such a vast universe to keep focusing on that tiny sliver of the Skywalkers.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, that's huge news!

Could literally be anything. Sounds like creative freedom.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

this is what I wanted from the start. now I can truly be excited

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

tenor.gif

justin4.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I hope being latched to a giant franchise like this doesn't prevent him from making good and unique smaller movies like Brick and such.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So they're doing what I had hoped. They're going to use a new trilogy to space out the sequel trilogy from the second sequel trilogy. Nice.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Disney is going to milk Star Wars too much. The planning and different timelines associated with Marvel and Star Wars are really weird.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shiiiittt

I knew one day we would get a new trilogy with new characters, but I didn't think it would be this soon and I didn't think it would be Rian Johnson doing all 3. This is pretty much the best case scenario.

[edit]

Oh wait, he's not directing all three. Still pretty amazing news.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
So glad we can start stepping away from the core Skywalker story. I can't wait to see what this will bring!

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Awesome! They must be really liking what they've seen. Also, major time commitment from Johnson so I think this is pretty much his dream come true.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd really like it to be Old Republic. Anything else is a big 'ol meh for me. The second in this new trilogy isn't even out yet, and I already feel burnt out on all these fucking star wars movies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's going to introduce characters from a far corner of the galaxy we've never visited before... but they're still gonna be good and evil force users.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet mother of god. Disney must love what he did with the new film.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Rian Johnson is truly George Lucas Jr.

He's going to start wearing flannel, and grow a huge neck.

All while Filoni plans his revenge. He was the chosen Padawan.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck. This is awesome. Really happy for Rian, love his work.